• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Racism amongst mariners fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I'm new to the internet and these forums. Supported football all my life and stoked the coast have a team after all these years!

But I'd just like to ask about some of the racism I witnessed and heard about from the other night.
Playing Sydney we're always going to come across those with multicultural differences. Ourselves and Newcastle being more anglo-saxon dominated we may be seen as culturally unaware. This was shamefully brought into light against sydney. I've heard many reports of racism being used to abuse some sydney fans whom may have come from a different background. It disgusted me.

Give racism the red card. Before the coast is known as the redneck racist capital of australia

kevrenor

forever_yellow said:
Hi all I'm new to the internet and these forums. Supported football all my life and stoked the coast have a team after all these years!

But I'd just like to ask about some of the racism I witnessed and heard about from the other night.
Playing Sydney we're always going to come across those with multicultural differences. Ourselves and Newcastle being more anglo-saxon dominated we may be seen as culturally unaware. This was shamefully brought into light against sydney. I've heard many reports of racism being used to abuse some sydney fans whom may have come from a different background. It disgusted me.

Give racism the red card. Before the coast is known as the redneck racist capital of australia

Forever_yellow, 8 posts in quick succession is not a great way to start as new to the forum or internet.  Quality rather than quantity while you find your feet OK?

As for quality .. this post isn't! I haven't heard one whisper about racism, and believe me the Sydney forum would have been full of it!  Before you spread rumours you haven't backed up, you better check your sources!  If you witnessed and heard ... where, who and when?

Kevrenor, Moderator

adz

Staff member
well that narrows it down.. and what action do you hope to be taken by us against this unknown group of people from outside the stadium?

Andy

forever_yellow said:

I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill there mate.

The fact that you're the only person to report any racism occuring on Saturday night, means that your prediction probably won't happen.

Sean

forever_yellow said:

I call troll. Forever Yellow? Forever Gold? sung by the northern scumquats?

serious14

Pft, get a life forever_yellow - don't you Newcastle f*cktard's have monthly caps on your internet??    Wouldn't want to waste most of your download limit here, would you??  http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum, I think that's what you're after.

Run along now......

P.S.  I've only ever personally witnessed out and out racism at a football game twice, and neither occasion was a Mariners game.  Most Central Coast people are surprisingly accepting of all those scary non-Anglo 'outsiders', and despite the fact that this is the second or third most "Anglo enclave" in the country, this is one of the most non-racist places I've ever been or lived.  If you're going to troll, at least _try_ and retain some credibility in what you're saying.

In summary - forever_yellow fails at the Internet and life.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
like my dear old dad used to say..." I'm not a racist...I hate everybody equally" HAHAHAHAHA.....and he did too  ;)

:pirate: :headbounce:  :piralaugh: :pirate: :headbounce:

dibo

if nobody minds, i think this thread is horseshit so i'm applying lockage.

lock.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred