• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R17 v Western Sydney

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Our fullbacks can not track and hold a man.

Through balls coming from so far away and still finding their man.

So much poor decision making.
Almost trying to hard

We've had that problem for literally 4 years. Most of our goals are that exact problem. Our backs have absolutely no idea how to combine or switch between zonal and man-on defence. Or how to do either effectively.

People have been so quick to bash Jair, yet he's had no where near the quality of chances Murray has had.
in all fairness, that doesn't mean we're wrong in criticising Jair.
At least Muzz gets himself the chances, which is more than Jair has ever done.

Fadetoblack944

This falls on staj tho he keeps picking him, yes clisby is shit but staj keeps picking him. Better off playing hatch or someone else, anybody else!. Just give us the spoon already we are going to get done next week if we play like this then everything else is back to normal.... us at the bottom again....

AuzDutchy

Sub Oar and Murray off for Simon and Ruiz-Diaz, no point in wasting the 2nd half watching Oar and Murray butcher everything

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Staj has to earn his here...
WSW have done their homework. We need a plan b.
Simon flicking onto Murray or holding the ball upfield would be good... I'd take off DDS...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Sub Oar and Murray off for Simon and Ruiz-Diaz, no point in wasting the 2nd half watching Oar and Murray butcher everything
And just sub Clisby off.
Don't even need to bring anybody on.
I mean, pull that shit at parks level you'd probably be off before the other team kicks off.

greenlig

I don't think muzz knows he's meant to be a striker. Probably gets to the end of the game and thinks "well I ran hard and got 12 touches, good match all told." Guy is so impotent it's not funny. He gets in front of goal, does his Piglet impression "oooh d-d-d-deeear", shakes a bit, closes his eyes, prays, and swings a foot.

turbo

On the tracking I’ve been thinking about the formation after forum Phoenix brought it up this week. At least down our left where I’m sitting the narrow structure leaves the backs very exposed. Duric doesn’t have the motor to get wide on any kind of quick switch. Oar not in position to be able to defend from the front. Kim usually sitting central or in the back line. That leaves it going straight to Clisby to pickup while the others track back. If he’s outnumbered or beaten (it happens to anyone) it puts a bunch of pressure on covering.

So I was ready to defend Clisby with a structural issue but then that back pass so he can get in the bin. There’s a few too many without enough urgency but DDS and Nisbet are putting the work in.

Michael

If you look at the technicalities of how Murray struck that glaring chance with yes his weaker left, his technique was about as good as a retired nrl player in their 50s playing a charity soccer match. f**king woeful. I’m almost off Muzz as much as I am Clisby. And f**king Clisby ARE YOU f**kING JOKING MATE?

Thank you staj for dragging Clisby at the half. Punt him while you’re at it.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Notice how we have nobody screaming at Clisby to pull his fkn head in when he pulls that shit? I mean, imagine if ANY player on any other team was pulling that crap.
He does it and it's all good, it's fine.

Good to see Staj actually make a tough decision on a sub for once

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred