• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16 CCM v City at AAMI

Timmah

I do believe there's a fairly decent sized away contigent travelling down for this one? :cheers:

Hyundai A-League 2016/17 | Round 16
Melbourne City v Central Coast Mariners

AAMI Park, Melbourne
Thursday 19 January 2017, kickoff 7:50pm

TV: Fox Sports 505
Radio: Coast FM 96.3 (EONSportsRadio) & ABC Grandstand

Referee: Daniel Elder
Assistant Referees: George Lakrindis & Luke Brennan
Fourth Official: Jonathan Barreiro

6300760.png

Melbourne City squad
:

1.Thomas SORENSEN (gk), 2.Manny MUSCAT, 3.Josh ROSE, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 6.Osama MALIK, 8.Neil KILKENNY, 9.Nicolas COLAZO, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Nick FITZGERALD, 17.Tim CAHILL, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI (c), 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Fernando BRANDAN
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 8.Neil KILKENNY (returns from suspension), 12.Nick FITZGERALD (promoted) Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 7.Corey GAMEIRO (ACL – season), 28.Steve KUZMANOVSKI (ACL – season)​

6400696a.png

Central Coast Mariners squad:
1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 5.Harry ASCROFT, 6.Blake POWELL, 7.Fabio FERREIRA, 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (c), 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 16.Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 21.Michael NEILL, 22.Jake McGING, 25.Ryan PETERSON
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 17.Josh BINGHAM (promoted), 25.Ryan PETERSON (promoted) Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 10.Mickael TAVARES (ankle – 1 week), 19.Jacques FATY (hamstring – 1 week), 23.Jake ADELSON (ACL – indefinite)

------------------------------

Fixture History v Melbourne City / Heart (A-League)
Matches 19 / Mariners 10 / City 4 / Drawn 5
Goals Scored 26 / Goals Conceded 23
Biggest Wins: Mariners 2 Heart 0 at CCS, 2012/13 Round 11
Mariners 2 City 0 at CCS, 2014/15 Round 14
Mariners 3 Heart 1 at CCS, 2011/12 Round 8
Biggest Loss: City 5 Mariners 1 at CCS, 2015/16 Round 9

Mariners at AAMI v Heart/City:
Matches 10 / Wins 4 / Losses 3 / Drawn 3

#CCMvMCY Last Meeting
2016/17 Round 13, Central Coast Stadium
Central Coast Mariners 2 Melbourne City 2

Form - Last Five (all comps)
Mariners L L D L L
City L D D W L​

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Fair dinkum, FFA wouldn't have a clue how to schedule a competition, would they? Because it makes complete sense to play the same team twice in 3 weeks, after all.

Forum Phoenix

Worse than not having a clue I'm afraid. It's deliberate. Our schedule will continue to look upside down and back to front until we're a 'big' club.

Forum Phoenix

Yes but our draws and city's are not comparable.

City has prime time and out of the heat slots virtually every game and their schedule of home and away is really well balanced. Ours?

Only concession we got was NYE. I don't know why this was worked how it was, but it wasn't by accident / cluelessness or with our benefit in mind. Shaun said as much.

Last edited:

Paolo

Yes but our draws and city's are not comparable.

City has prime time and out of the heat slots virtually every game and their schedule of home and away is really well balanced. Ours?

Only concession we got was NYE. I don't know why this was worked how it was, but it wasn't by accident / cluelessness or with our benefit in mind. Sean said as much.
Shaun. His name is Shaun

Timmah

I'm not of the belief the schedule is "suited" to the bigger teams so much, apart from the weekend to weekend timeslots (e.g. the big boys get the Friday night and Sat 7:50pm slots).

What I do know this season is that the FFA were forced to work around major works or disruptions at multiple grounds which meant the draw was complete clusterf**k to put together. Spotless is out of commission for two long periods, Westpac the same, multiple grounds (Etihad, Allianz, ANZ and Suncorp) affected by concerts and so forth.

Throw in ACL considerations too.

Not sticking up for the FFA but the clubs and venues don't always make it easy when you're trying to schedule a season with 135 games across 27 weekends.

Big Al

Time for Taveras to play and earn his coin.

Unfortunately our team is at his feet. With him top 6 contender, without we will be spoon fed.

City not playing well but at home will be different and Cahill will be looking to embarrass us like we did him.

Would make a great TIFO for next game against them, picture of ball boy with the flag. Still makes me smile

Forum Phoenix

I'm not of the belief the schedule is "suited" to the bigger teams so much, apart from the weekend to weekend timeslots (e.g. the big boys get the Friday night and Sat 7:50pm slots).

What I do know this season is that the FFA were forced to work around major works or disruptions at multiple grounds which meant the draw was complete clusterf**k to put together. Spotless is out of commission for two long periods, Westpac the same, multiple grounds (Etihad, Allianz, ANZ and Suncorp) affected by concerts and so forth.

Throw in ACL considerations too.

Not sticking up for the FFA but the clubs and venues don't always make it easy when you're trying to schedule a season with 135 games across 27 weekends.
And I'm not an FFA death rider like some, but It's not a belief. I should amend big teams to highest viewed teams - but it amounts to the same thing. I'm not surprised by it. I understand it. But doesn't mean I have to like it.

My money is that the draw will continue to baffle and infuriate - because it's most likely being done based on previous years viewing figures with an algorithm and then tweaked.

Shaun said they put in multiple sensible and fair requests that fell on deaf ears.

Paolo

I don't think he was being a wanker about it, he was letting you know. I don't think he was picking a fight over it or anything.
i don't mind being called a wanker when im being a wanker, or about to be a wanker, or just finished being a wanker, but not when im just trying to have our CEO's name spelt correctly. Ha

P.s
20170116_160034.png

Forum Phoenix

I don't think he was being a wanker about it, he was letting you know. I don't think he was picking a fight over it or anything.

The reiteration read like a condescending dig to me. Long night last night, so maybe just being touchy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred