• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Preliminary Final: Scum vs Queensland

marinersman

Mattsy said:
Realistically, it's a week off for your lot vs regular playing for us.. I'm sure they're drained, but undoubtebly the fact that you've only beat us once (not bragging and if it sounds like I am sorry :( ) in awhile, might lighten their spirits.

Also, with the reaction comment.. I'm sure every player on the park was still a bit shocked at having to play another 30 minutes once the game was pretty much in the bag. 90th minute the penalty was drew. Even Jade North explained how it was not expected - Two weeks in a row they've done the 120 minutes (+ extra bringing it probably close to 130).

Once again, it comes down to Regular Extended playing v No playing at all.

The crowd figure was once again, Rubbish. 16021 I believe.
I can't understand it though, all early signs said a big turnout. But I guess thats what some people expected and bought their tickets early. But I'm sure anyone would agree that the atmosphere / sound in the crowd was telling of a 20000 crowd.

Plus, you'll be sure there is a fair turnout from both sides of the bunker. "Away" Fans supporters tickets are almost sold out. I know its going to go off.

I don't mean to incite any arguments in saying all this. I hope you don't just write it off either. Two sides of the story is always better then one. It's whether you can accept it or not ;)

That's a good. fair post Mattsy.

I was actually suprised by your lot's fitness in extra time. I thought they would be dead on their feet but they kept going. 

I think Omni's onto something though. I think they played their GF on Sunday and mentally, more than physically it will be hard for them to back up. I think they might have had their GF already.

Having said all that, our 3-0 demolition is history and counts for nothing in terms of the GF.

I just think it's a huge mountain for your guys to climb on Sunday. A bridge too far, perhaps?

Mattsy

I try to be fair as I can and I get comments like that marinermick, Con hasn't inflated anything. I'm not really sure what its about. It could be a bridge too far, but you'll be suprised. I read alot of your bunch on these forums expected us to get demolished by Queensland.. The result was quite the opposite.

brett

marinermick said:
the 16000 figure shows how much con has inflated figures all season

This strikes me as QFT.

Also interesting to hear from Andy Harper during the call that the FFA 'recalibrated' ::) their ticket counting system for this game. Does that mean not opening up other gates and actually scanning the f**kin things?

Omni

Queensland would have smashed the Jets if they could finish though Matty, if they take positives from that match and say they played well they won't win the Grand Final. Petrovski, Aloisi & Kwasnik will murder the Jets if they allow those kind of chances!

marinersman

Mattsy said:
I try to be fair as I can and I get comments like that marinermick, Con hasn't inflated anything. I'm not really sure what its about. It could be a bridge too far, but you'll be suprised. I read alot of your bunch on these forums expected us to get demolished by Queensland.. The result was quite the opposite.

Mattsy, guess what? This is actually a Mariners forum so, shock horror, there won't be many pro-scum messages.

If you don't like what we have to say, don't come here. Simple, really.

Mattsy

I come on here to try to be a bit fair in the midst of it. On our forums you won't get any pro-gypsy messages either, but I'm just trying to be different from the usual mix of mariner fans we get on our forums. Believe it or not I've got a PM from a member of this forum saying he enjoys my fairness. I'm sorry. It's no shock =]

FFC Mariner

Matt, Con has a reputation for ( shall we say) less than honest dealing. Try asking his lndlords and players...........

What your club needs is for someone/consortia to buy him out, flick the Liberal Party has beens and then maybe the FFA and State Govt will take you seriously and give you the stadium the town warrants.

Whilst it was only the Knights, any old shithole would do because NRL fans are used to shit grounds. Now that the world game has arrived the Socceroos should be able to play games there.

marinermick

Mattsy said:

well, why do the newcastle supporters whinge about the crowd figure every time the FFA host an event there?

and, what possible reason could the FFA have to record low crowd figures?

circumstantial evidence, yes, but these questions certainly point to something dodgy going on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb