• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pokemon Go

JoyfulPenguin

Couldn't recommend it more, great fun, great exercise and you get to meet awesome new people!
Also Team Instinct, follow your Instincts!

Reactions: adz

adz

Staff member
I played Ingress for a while, made by the same people and I think similar sort of game.
Best played in a group if possible, or in places with crowds like shopping centers etc, otherwise you look a bit dodgy wandering up and down the street, stopping randomly as you go :D
Have fun.

Rowdy

Sounds like a great way to stumble into a Outlaw Bikie Motorcycle Clubhouse, find a dead body and/or have someone lie in wait to rob you of your shit.

....... as reported on the news tonight. ;)

JoyfulPenguin

Sounds like a great way to stumble into a Outlaw Bikie Motorcycle Clubhouse, find a dead body and/or have someone lie in wait to rob you of your shit.

....... as reported on the news tonight. ;)
That stuff is way over blown compared to the good this game is doing. It's getting people who have never been active in their lives out and walking 10 km a day! If people apply common sense when walking around then none of that would have happened.

adz

Staff member
Quick tip - @JoyfulPenguin you prob know this already, but tap on the compass in the top right corner and it rotates the view for when you move your phone. Good for when there's a lot of stuff close by and it's a bit hard to tell which way everything is.

JoyfulPenguin

Quick tip - @JoyfulPenguin you prob know this already, but tap on the compass in the top right corner and it rotates the view for when you move your phone. Good for when there's a lot of stuff close by and it's a bit hard to tell which way everything is.
I always forget about that, cheers for the reminder! @adz if you don't mind me asking, what team did you join? I'm a Team Instinct man myself.

adz

Staff member
I'm only on level 2 so no team yet :D

Just installed the app the other day when I saw it was done by Niantic. Seems to be a fair bit of blue around here (and I know someone already playing as blue) so I'd probably go with that.

In Ingress I was with green and it's mostly blue around - so as soon as you take over a portal (like a gym I guess?) literally 5 minutes later it would swap back to blue. Seemed like it was all some people did all day, so I lost interest in it.

Will be interesting to see what sort of multiplayer features they are throwing into this one though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred