• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pluim to get $3.1 million

marinermick

Looks like CCF and Pluim are certainities to get $3.1 million as an election pledge from the Libs. $1 million per year over three years.

In a couple of years time we may well be playing finals (those lucky to make it) on synthetic with substantially upgraded facilities. Good news all round.

The libs are also giving a few million to the Bears to upgrade Mt Penang as their training base. If the Bears fold then this may also be a potential football venue.

kevrenor

Looks like CCF and Pluim are certainities to get $3.1 million as an election pledge from the Libs. $1 million per year over three years.

In a couple of years time we may well be playing finals (those lucky to make it) on synthetic with substantially upgraded facilities. Good news all round.

They only promised $2.2 million towards the upgrade of Lambert Park, including synthetic pitch, so that is fabulous.

pjennings

The libs are also giving a few million to the Bears to upgrade Mt Penang as their training base. If the Bears fold then this may also be a potential football venue.

$3.5million. The Bears are now probably third in line behind a second Brisbane team and Perth. If they don't get in no $3.5Million for the Coast. Potentially a zero cost election promise. Now if they could change that to $3.5million to the Coast, to Mt Penang if the Bears get in or to Tuggerah if they don't...

Bladesman

Let's see if the committed $$ are delivered now! I have to say on reading the article in the press about this I was disapointed that it did not mention anywhere about introducing synthetic pitches at pluim just talked about upgrading the existing ones. I would have though 2 synthetic pitches, one to the right of the main pitch and the back pitch would help to preserve the grass pitches and could also be used to generate a whole lot of revenue by being able to be constantly used for gala days, summer, midweek comps etc. They could aslo be used for night and make up games for the comp as they surface would be far better than a lot of the ovals.

scottmac

Suspended
Lets see if anything gets done now that BOF has announced the states 4.5 Billion black hole. Great excuse to slash and cut.

dibo

Lets see if anything gets done now that BOF has announced the states 4.5 Billion black hole. Great excuse to slash and cut.

classic 'new government' trick.

change assumptions in budget forecasts to knock revenues down a peg or three and hey presto! you've got yourself a 'black hole' (albeit years from now) that you have to slash and burn to prevent.

when the black hole never eventuates, it's your slashing and burning (and not that your assumptions were deliberately skewed) that saved the day. score another for frugal government!

scottmac

Suspended
classic 'new government' trick.

change assumptions in budget forecasts to knock revenues down a peg or three and hey presto! you've got yourself a 'black hole' (albeit years from now) that you have to slash and burn to prevent.

when the black hole never eventuates, it's your slashing and burning (and not that your assumptions were deliberately skewed) that saved the day. score another for frugal government!

Even my 17 yr old could see straight through it and she thinks politics is all about being in Canberra and arguing like a child (*cough* Tony Abbott *cough*) while the public pay their wages.

:mellow:

Hang on a minute..........

I can't believe that the last 16yrs of Labour government will be remembered like this. I heard one Lib put it as 16 yrs of lies and deception.
Where have all our strong leaders gone? Both sides of government are sorely lacking in nerve, both State(NSW) and Federal. There is way too much focus on media driven campaigns and strategies.

darrensprod

Let's see if the committed $$ are delivered now! I have to say on reading the article in the press about this I was disapointed that it did not mention anywhere about introducing synthetic pitches at pluim just talked about upgrading the existing ones. I would have though 2 synthetic pitches, one to the right of the main pitch and the back pitch would help to preserve the grass pitches and could also be used to generate a whole lot of revenue by being able to be constantly used for gala days, summer, midweek comps etc. They could aslo be used for night and make up games for the comp as they surface would be far better than a lot of the ovals.

Just to clarify, as it was announced to the clubs last week we are currently looking at changing 1 or 2 of the fields at Pluim to synthetic as part of this funding. This will allow fields to be used in most weather conditions.

regards
Darren Sprod

style_cafe

Don`t the players have to wear a different type of boot for synthetic pitches.

I know when we played at Murrayfield(Glasgow Rangers training pitches)our players had to bring special footwear for the synthetic surface.

Just something to have a look into before you commit.

kevrenor

Couldn't comment on the studs - but different studs for different surfaces is not unexpected.

With Seymour Shaw, Hensley Field, and now Cromer, Lambert and Pluim going that way nsw senior league players and nsw youth league at least will have to get used to them.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Don`t the players have to wear a different type of boot for synthetic pitches.

I know when we played at Murrayfield(Glasgow Rangers training pitches)our players had to bring special footwear for the synthetic surface.

Just something to have a look into before you commit.

It may well happen. I've refereed on a couple of synthetic pitches, and while the one at the AIS stated that turf boots (not studs) were required, we didn't enforce that (of course we were there refereeing a tournament - it may be a bit different if it's on the central coast as CCF would want to really look after it). On another local synthetic pitch I don't think there's any requirement for studs - and really, I can't imagine how they'd enforce it. It's unreasonable to expect players to buy a 2nd pair of boots, especially when they may only play one or two matches on the pitch.

Anyway, I seem to remember Pluim getting promised millions of dollars every couple of years - haven't we heard it all before?

starfish

Synthetic pitches have come a long way since the early fields. The ones at Hensley and Seymour Shaw do not require "special" boots or turf boots. They have a realistic surface and play fairly true.

dibo

Nobody thought to check this in the first place? On the Govt side I mean. All the locals have a pretty good idea, mostly stemming from the place being waterloogged as soon as someone sneezes.

darrensprod

So six months down the track what's the latest on the Pluim upgrade?

Pending Government appropriation of funds(in the budget next month)and council approval (you will see on Gosford Councils website the DA awaiting approval) the board plans to carry out the work (building, Carpark, Fencing, water management, draining, surrounds and three new international standard playing fields) between 1 November 2011 and 28 February 2012.

I have attached a copy of the Pluim Park Masterplan that has been agreed by the board and published to our members. The only change to this is the positioning of the building as requested by council.

Attachments

• Pluim Park Masterplan VOL.pdf
    153.2 KB · Views: 66

offtheball

Thanks for the response, looks exciting. Is it the headquarters building that is being relocated? And where to?

Will any of the fields be synthetic?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred