• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pluim Park Upgrade

Bex

Mick, either say something or nothing. Inuendo doesn't serve anyone's purpose except anarchy.

Don't worry about Tuggerah, 10 mil will not get all of the fields and so on. Do you think the council will top the 10 mil up..........don't think so. So my guess Julia will pass nothing on and even if she does you're talking many years down the track. Surely Central Coast Football both on a representitive front and local front would benefit with the upgrading of PLuim. I think this is more realistic and achievable. Whether the money comes from the Ranga or MR RABBIT.

neverwozza

A $10m bribe for the CCM CoE is three times the bribe promised for the Pluim upgrade yet will be even far more elite in its use.

Both offers are blatent pork-barrelling and will not sway this little duck.

We need money to go to the Councils so they can at least do some maintenance on the local grounds. The reason the Councils close the grounds so readily is that they do not have the money to repair these grounds between winter and summer sports.

Do they not have the money or do they just choose to spend it elsewhere?

masmariner

no reason, if the grounds are up to standard, that it shouldn't be available to other sports during the summer months

would provide an extra income stream to central coast football

May not just be in summer months though, have you read the condiitons on the $300'000 grant that CCSA won
a few years ago.
I think you will find other codes wil have a fair bit of use of Pluim Park ie schools will have rugby / rugby league tournament's etc. Do not if CCF will be able to charge either.

Wilsons

May not just be in summer months though, have you read the condiitons on the $300'000 grant that CCSA won
a few years ago.
I think you will find other codes wil have a fair bit of use of Pluim Park ie schools will have rugby / rugby league tournament's etc. Do not if CCF will be able to charge either.

I really hate it when people post insane things, of which they have no freakin idea about!!!
Stick to what YOU do and leave the rest up to people that actually have an idea!!

concerned

"Concerned"
Flawed competition standings due to washouts was also a considerable issue last year even though there were "some" replays for all levels of teams. And despite this years elitist washout disaster policy with no replay for lower level teams. 2009 was not a year of football management to be receiving high accolades for.
“Forum Phoenix” ....Following your response above I made a few enquiries. From what I have found out over 3,500 games were originally washed out last year. In excess of 3,200 of these were made up. Thus less than 300 were actually lost. Talking to my fixtures officer most of those were in G35/45 who agreed to the write offs. All games played actually counted. The figures in the reverse far exceed the current ones in 2010. Thus comps were not flawed. I agree last year was not the be all and end all but again, from what I have been told, whilst some of the directors did not know about competitions, the former fixtures was the person responsible for getting most games played. He got us as much value for our registration dollar as he could which was almost 100% better than this year. I was not sticking up for 2009 directors but sticking up for the 2009 CCF fixtures officer. He was willing to put in the effort to get games played, not washed out as seems to be the 2010 policy.

masmariner

I really hate it when people post insane things, of which they have no freakin idea about!!!
Stick to what YOU do and leave the rest up to people that actually have an idea!!

Obviously Wilson you must be talking about your own lack of knowledge, I worked on this a number of years ago.

From Central Coast Regional Sport & Recreation Facility Strategy Volume 1 May 2002

Recommended Action
“Consider developing Pluim Park as a higher standard facility that will primarily cater for soccer, but can also cater for other sports. The upgrade could include the provision of adequate seating for spectators at higher grade games. A more detailed assessment of how the site could be developed would be required.
Whilst Pluim Park will need to primarily cater for soccer, it would ideally also cater for other sports if any public funding is allocated to this private land (although other opportunities fof funding improvements should also be investigated). Guaranteed access to other sports would be required. “

From Central Coast Regional Sport & Recreation Facility Strategy Volume 3 May 2002

“Keen to develop Pluim Park into a multi-sport complex- attract other sports. Speaking to touch football and Oztag re summer use of Pluim Park.”

28th October 2003 – From Community Services Document Tabled by Gosford Council

“Central Coast Soccer Association (CCSA) has been awarded a grant of $300’000 from the State Government to assist in the development of upgraded amenties at Pluim Park. There is the potential for a joint development between Council and CCSA if Council were to relocate the proposed Community Centre to this site.”

End result is that a government whether it be local state or federal is going to get as much mileage as it can when granting taxpayer dollars there is a reality that the soccer fraternity could loose complete control of Pluim Park - I'm not saying approve just could be a reality.

Forum Phoenix

"Concerned"
Flawed competition standings due to washouts was also a considerable issue last year even though there were "some" replays for all levels of teams. And despite this years elitist washout disaster policy with no replay for lower level teams. 2009 was not a year of football management to be receiving high accolades for.
“Forum Phoenix” ....Following your response above I made a few enquiries. From what I have found out over 3,500 games were originally washed out last year. In excess of 3,200 of these were made up. Thus less than 300 were actually lost. Talking to my fixtures officer most of those were in G35/45 who agreed to the write offs. All games played actually counted. The figures in the reverse far exceed the current ones in 2010. Thus comps were not flawed. I agree last year was not the be all and end all but again, from what I have been told, whilst some of the directors did not know about competitions, the former fixtures was the person responsible for getting most games played. He got us as much value for our registration dollar as he could which was almost 100% better than this year. I was not sticking up for 2009 directors but sticking up for the 2009 CCF fixtures officer. He was willing to put in the effort to get games played, not washed out as seems to be the 2010 policy.

I understand. Fair comments. Unfortunately I was associated with two teams who both had rounds washed out against bottom of the table sides while the table leaders had washouts against each other. Both teams then missed out on the finals by goal difference and one point respectively. This year has been far worse you are correct. But last year was also flawed.

It's an issue that must be solved. Washout a round without replay and you have irrevocably affected the fairness of the competition. Willingly or not.

scottmac

Suspended

Obviously Wilson you must be talking about your own lack of knowledge, I worked on this a number of years ago.

From Central Coast Regional Sport & Recreation Facility Strategy Volume 1 May 2002

Recommended Action
“Consider developing Pluim Park as a higher standard facility that will primarily cater for soccer, but can also cater for other sports. The upgrade could include the provision of adequate seating for spectators at higher grade games. A more detailed assessment of how the site could be developed would be required.
Whilst Pluim Park will need to primarily cater for soccer, it would ideally also cater for other sports if any public funding is allocated to this private land (although other opportunities fof funding improvements should also be investigated). Guaranteed access to other sports would be required. “

From Central Coast Regional Sport & Recreation Facility Strategy Volume 3 May 2002

“Keen to develop Pluim Park into a multi-sport complex- attract other sports. Speaking to touch football and Oztag re summer use of Pluim Park.”

28th October 2003 – From Community Services Document Tabled by Gosford Council

“Central Coast Soccer Association (CCSA) has been awarded a grant of $300’000 from the State Government to assist in the development of upgraded amenties at Pluim Park. There is the potential for a joint development between Council and CCSA if Council were to relocate the proposed Community Centre to this site.”

End result is that a government whether it be local state or federal is going to get as much mileage as it can when granting taxpayer dollars there is a reality that the soccer fraternity could loose complete control of Pluim Park - I'm not saying approve just could be a reality.

This has got to be the best shut down of all time. No come back from that and it was done rather politely. If it was me I would have added a wide array of insults to boot!

Wilsons

This has got to be the best shut down of all time. No come back from that and it was done rather politely. If it was me I would have added a wide array of insults to boot!
Masmariner has no idea about the NEW 3 million dollar not 3 hundred thousand dollar agreement. Her knowledge of the prior arrangement has no relevance, this money was SQUANDERED by the old CCSA!!
Masmariner was, just like her other post's trying to find some kind of negative out of a very positive and exciting development for Central Coast Football. If the govt does not provide the funding for a long overdue up grade of Pluim then who will????? The clubs certainly wont want too!!

WELL INFORMED

Oh well , Labor wins, looks as though we will have to put up with the same old Pluim for a few more years!!!!
Will be interesting to see if the promised funding for the Mariners development comes true!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred