• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Playing Beautiful or Winning?

Muppet

I found the following article in the Sydney Morning Herald. It raises an interesting question in some respects. What is better, playing with style or winning with substance? I know old Fozzie at SBS is a huge fan of Arsene and the "beautiful game". I think that Scholes raises some very interesting points regarding playing well and winning.

Paul Scholes mocks Arsenal for their lack of success
July 6, 2011 - 8:30AM

LONDON: Retired Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has rubbed salt into Arsenal's wounds, accusing the London club of being all style and no substance.

Speaking ahead of his testimonial at Old Trafford next month, Scholes said United manager Sir Alex Ferguson would never have allowed his team to go six years without a trophy as has been the case at Arsenal.

"They just flatter to deceive," Scholes said.

"They may play the prettiest football, but it doesn't always produce the results they need.

"It doesn't irritate me that people say they're the best footballing team because while they are doing that, we (United) are winning games," he added.

Scholes was often at the heart of United's rivalry with Arsenal over the past decade, and was accused by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger last season of having a "dark side" to his play.

Scholes, whose last game for United was an appearance in their Champions League final defeat by Barcelona, meanwhile acknowledged that Wenger's side did play attractive football.

"They do play the best football to watch at times, but what is the point of that if you are not winning anything?

"Not only that, they are potentially going to lose their best players in (Cesc) Fabregas, (Samir) Nasri and (Gael) Clichy," he added, referring to the widely reported speculation concerning Fabregas and Nasri. Clichy left Arsenal for Manchester City on Monday.

"I don't think our manager would allow this club to go six years without a trophy," Scholes added.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/paul-scholes-mocks-arsenal-for-their-lack-of-success-20110706-1h197.html#ixzz1RH7pvNNe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami