• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Player of the year nominations

marinermick

Anyone here get nominated or win?

I know the People's Champion and Mitch (Futsal - Team Modest) were nominated in All Age 1s but not sure how they fared?

J

jiggles

http://www.ccfootball.com.au/home/news/811

All listed there :)

Kareem

OJ said:
Mick it is an absolute farce
+1
lol
People's champ did a get job just to get nominated coz his team were the premiers.
I would think less than 10% of league winners have a player from their team win the award...it just hurts to have more than 1 good player in your team.
Sucks if you have an successful even team eg. Avoca Div1 Reserve Grade (who killed the comp)
Coach's speech: Well apparently none of our guys are good enough to be nominated

Not to mention teams trying to sabotage each others chances of having a player nominated by purposely not picking the best player...I have seen this several times last year in my u13C's where they were just some absolute baffling choices...like no way on earth was that player our best player (didnt say it to anyone ofcourse, thats not nice)
Then Some people just dont care & leave it! I have heard of the policy at least one place where if it is left blank, the desk just write down the GK!

Still to win the award/get nominated means you are pretty decent player in your comp...just unlikely the actual best!

OJ

Kareem said:
OJ said:
Mick it is an absolute farce
+1
lol
People's champ did a get job just to get nominated coz his team were the premiers.
I would think less than 10% of league winners have a player from their team win the award...it just hurts to have more than 1 good player in your team.
Sucks if you have an successful even team eg. Avoca Div1 Reserve Grade (who killed the comp)
Coach's speech: Well apparently none of our guys are good enough to be nominated

Not to mention teams trying to sabotage each others chances of having a player nominated by purposely not picking the best player...I have seen this several times last year in my u13C's where they were just some absolute baffling choices...like no way on earth was that player our best player (didnt say it to anyone ofcourse, thats not nice)
Then Some people just dont care & leave it! I have heard of the policy at least one place where if it is left blank, the desk just write down the GK!

Still to win the award/get nominated means you are pretty decent player in your comp...just unlikely the actual best!
+infinity

hasbeen

The whole player of the year setup is a farce. Usually you'll find it goes to a player in a team finishing last or near to last because he/she stands out. Good teams finishing near the top invariably have a well balanced side and the votes will be spread throughout the season.
Another reason it stinks, is that some teams deliberately choose an opposition Player of the Match who wasn't the best, simply so the chances of one of their players is enhanced. This was blatently obvious in a O35's game last year where the oppo chose a player on our team who spent barely 10 mins on the park.
It should be done away with completely or at worse let the ref. choose from each team at the end of the game. 

T

hasbeen said:
The whole player of the year setup is a farce. Usually you'll find it goes to a player in a team finishing last or near to last because he/she stands out. Good teams finishing near the top invariably have a well balanced side and the votes will be spread throughout the season.
Another reason it stinks, is that some teams deliberately choose an opposition Player of the Match who wasn't the best, simply so the chances of one of their players is enhanced. This was blatently obvious in a O35's game last year where the oppo chose a player on our team who spent barely 10 mins on the park.
It should be done away with completely or at worse let the ref. choose from each team at the end of the game. 

+1
This often happens in the lower grades as well. Quite often a there will be a player in a team who really stands out, and should probably be playing in a different division, due to this the other teams will pick anyone BUT this player.
I have seen a player nominated for player of the year who was hardly ever on the pitch.

J

jiggles

Ranyen said:
I'm glad Sue, the Doylo keeper in our grade won this year. She deserves it.

+1
She was one of the Doylo players I liked, she was amazing at giving her team support, made some amazing saves.

Alicia

poko said:
Ranyen said:
I'm glad Sue, the Doylo keeper in our grade won this year. She deserves it.

+1
She was one of the Doylo players I liked, she was amazing at giving her team support, made some amazing saves.

+1  :goodpost:  :eek:verhead:

Kareem

did they change the system for PL1 1st grade recently?
I know CCF were syaing something last year about how ineffective the system was, and they were looking at a new model (only for top level).

hasbeen

Kareem said:
I know CCF were syaing something last year about how ineffective the system was, and they were looking at a new model (only for top level).

So what would make it effective at one level and not another ?

dru

hasbeen said:
Kareem said:

Who knows as we don't know what model was suggested.

couple for mine through would be coach judged, PL are all going to have coaches and possibly assistant coaches where as lower levels often have player coaches or junior grades have parents.

Independent officers, not going to have the manning to do every game across all fields every weekend but doing the 5 or so PL1 games is probably going to be doable.

A joint decision by the 3 officials, probably better officials for PL and lower grades etc don't always get lines people.

Any idea may also sound great in theory but be total shite in practice, best to trial it over a season across one grade than feck it up for everyone. If it proves to work then roll it out across the board. Change management is an on going process not something that you do on a whim!

Kareem

dru said:
hasbeen said:
Kareem said:

Who knows as we don't know what model was suggested.

couple for mine through would be coach judged, PL are all going to have coaches and possibly assistant coaches where as lower levels often have player coaches or junior grades have parents.

Independent officers, not going to have the manning to do every game across all fields every weekend but doing the 5 or so PL1 games is probably going to be doable.

A joint decision by the 3 officials, probably better officials for PL and lower grades etc don't always get lines people.

Any idea may also sound great in theory but be total shite in practice, best to trial it over a season across one grade than feck it up for everyone. If it proves to work then roll it out across the board. Change management is an on going process not something that you do on a whim!
The coaches- was the PL suggestion I heard

IMO I liked the idea of 5 independent officers, I asked somebody from CCF, but it was the less desirable option. Personally I think its good (but its very very very subjective...and who is qualified enough to make a decision?)

OJ

At premier league level the coaches do vote for the opposition player of the match.

The player of the season in Premier League this year was without question Scott Imberger....He is not even nominated..

Kareem

OJ said:
At premier league level the coaches do vote for the opposition player of the match.

The player of the season in Premier League this year was without question Scott Imberger....He is not even nominated..
no what they mean is...at end of season coach's submit 1 vote. Who is the best player over the season?
But it still leaves Bias in the system...

Kareem

You dont think it is a good idea to recognise a player's talent and contribution for their team?
It's not like this is some Aussie made concept...its worldwide, in so so so many sports...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred