• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Phoenix Fans' First To Dig Deep

skilbeck

IN AN A-League first, Wellington Phoenixs official supporters group has raised money to fund a talented teenage players scholarship with the club.
Daniel Finlay, 17, has begun training with New Zealands only fully professional football team after winning a scholarship set up and funded by Phoenix supporters group Yellow Fever.

Finlay said Yellow Fever had been an enormous help.

Yellow Fevers been awesome," he said. "Theyve laid everything on for me and my dad, from accommodation and flights through to providing us with a car to use while were here.

Yellow Fever spokesman Guy Smith told the club's website that the inaugural scholarship was aimed at promoting football in New Zealand.

The groups 4700-plus members voted on the most worthy recipient from five shortlisted candidates nationwide, with Finlay getting the call.

We have a lot of young fans involved with Yellow Fever who are crazy Phoenix fans so it was chance to get them involved and also an opportunity to give something back to the football community.

"Our members got to pick the winner by voting on our website and ultimately its their money thats paid for Daniels experience.

Smith said Yellow Fever hoped to award the scholarship annually.

We want to make it an annual event whereby we work in with the Phoenix to give young, promising and aspiring footballers the opportunity of a lifetime to experience being a professional for a week.

The Waikato under-19 player described the opportunity as fabulous.

Its been fabulous, just crazy. Ive had the chance to be a part of everything the teams done and be around all the players.

Theyve been great helping me out a lot by giving me pointers about what I need to do as a player in my position as a midfielder and in certain on-field situations. Ive learned heaps, he told the clubs website.

I suffered an ankle injury the weekend before I was to join the Phoenix, but painkillers and strapping got me through and I was able to train with the team.

"Nothing was going to stop me from taking part.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I say congrats to the WPFC Supporters group for doing this. Its a good move. Although I think the Phoenix are the only club that it may actually benefit because they arent involved in the youth league. IMO it wouldnt benefit us because we have a youth set up and a youth team and Lawrie, Fergie and Alex T have a good understand of who they do and dont want in their youth ranks

adz

Staff member
is that run by the club or is it run by the fans? i.e. are they counting Phoenix members or unofficial fan club members?

kevrenor

adz said:
is that run by the club or is it run by the fans? i.e. are they counting Phoenix members or unofficial fan club members?

Nothing on their web site about being official. I wonder if the club has membership separate to yellow fever?

Good poll: Who is the worst ever Phoenix player?
Elrich 48%

FFC Mariner

Only 48%?????

He is getting more popular then.

Good effort by the sheepshaggers though.

Can we sponsor Nik's Knee brace??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred