• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Perth vs Mariners

BAD BULLZ

:fireup: :fireup:This is not going to be as easy as the positions on the ladder indicate.Perth have been in pretty goiod form up front the last few weeks they now have the we can't win a raffle monkey off their back.They have scored just 3goals less then us this season yet they went like 5 games without a goal they are a threat.should be a very attacking game they've scored more goals then newcastle melboune and sydney.  Having said that we put it together for a full 90 last week if we do that again perth wont come close i'm picking maybe a 4-3 3-2 sorta game.
-------------------trotty--------------
stringers/clarky----wilko--------heff
-----------------vidmar----------
----owens------jedi---------hutch
----------------tommy------
--------sasho--------aloisi------

simon/porter/either kwaz or the right back that doesnt start
kwaz is ify at the moment with his fitness/injury may be a good game to give him a week off with porter and other mids playing so well.
same for gumps i dont think he'll go over either and his position is well covered for now anyway.

Very tempted for simon to start however i think impact player when ther defence is tired would work better for now but definitly i think he should get some solid game time least 20mins

CCM-JAM80

I agree with your comment re: Simon. I think he deserves to hold his spot on form, though Petrovski has played well all year and has five goals to his name. Sasho and Aloisi can be a dynamic 1-2 up front and the more game time they play together, the better for us come finals time. Bringing on Simon for the last 20-25 minutes starting Sasho is our best move IMO.

Is Trott available for this game? Isn't he now with Danny and Boogs for the Olyroos?

A vital game when all is said and done. I would hate to see our good work wasted in dropping points here to a rejuvenated Perth side.

With the Nigeria friendly (Sunday morning), are we only using Eurpean based players or have I missed something and Aloisi is no longer available for international duty?

Jeff (LouMacari)

I'd like to see Matty Simon start over Sasho this week.  It would give him massive confidence, send a message to Sasho that he's gotta really push to get back on, and send the rest of the team a message that no one is safe as well as signal to the other up and coming players that if you play well enough, you're in!

Lawrie does have a policy of not messing with a winning team, but of course we don't know what happens at training during the week.

It certainly will be interesting to see what his lineup will be!

C

C U JIMMY

To me Sasha seems a bit off the pace at the moment,  me I would start Matty and bring Sash on later if we need a goal or two, Matty works very hard and Aloisi could be devastating working off him, we looked very good on Saturday night, our best display of the season.

CCM-JAM80

Definately hard to change a winning team - especially one as impressive as Saturday night vs Adelaide. I won't complain if Simon does get the start, that is for sure - on form, he earnt it.

Time will tell, it is a nice headache to have for McKinna :D

uncleyellow

I think Sasho is actually more aggressive than Simon. Matty runs his arse orf and never gives up, has heaps of talent, and deserves a shot. But for my money Sasho is proven, He's not the lazy poacher some would label him as, his insticnts, timing and dogedness are a big part of his game.

Im glad it is the Gaffa who has to makie that call!

Deej

Sasho = 5 goals
Matty = 0 goals

Easy choice IMO

Matty is still improving and can be a real handful in the last 15 minutes for a tiring defence, I think he's done wonderfully to earn himself a permanent spot on the bench

~Floss~

If you asked every mariners fan who is most likely to score the next goal, I doubt Matty would come out ahead of sasho.

A+ for effort, but until that effort starts paying off regularly, i agree your money's safer with sasho.

He is a handfull for defenders though, so if we're plugging away and not getting anywhere he'd be a good shake-up off the bench - create some movement and gaps in defense for Aloisi (or anyone for that matter) to take advantage of

C

C U JIMMY

I wonder who Aloisi would choose, he is a goalscorer as is Sash, I just think Simon and Aloisi complement each other, fair enough Sasho 5 goals Matty 0, Sash has been a run on regular Matty one run on and and a lot of time on the bench, still, what a great dilemma for Lawrie to have. Mariners 2 Glory 0

M

mariners_4_ever

its an easy decission with sash and matty !! sit owens on the bench and put matty in. matty has earned a position in the run on team. sacrifice owens as he still isn't up to scratch. he looks as if he's still recovering from injury. sasho goals weren't scored all by himself !!!!! TEAM EFFORT.

trotty

clarky                tony              alex          dean

matty            tommy              mile        john h.

sasho            john a.

bench :-  andrew    brad    owens    paul.

matty sash and john will run havick up front and have glory running in circles.
    and while glory are trying to contain them we have tommy john and dean who can find the net. so many guys who can find the net makes it easier for the team. lawrie has the hardest job every week selecting a team out of soo many great players

GO MARINERS !!!!!!!!

Gigantor

mariners_4_ever said:
its an easy decission with sash and matty !! sit owens on the bench and put matty in. matty has earned a position in the run on team. sacrifice owens as he still isn't up to scratch.
you must be slightly glad that Lawrie didnt take up your advice after tonights match!

C

C U JIMMY

Terrible display, we only played for 20 mins, early on Trotty played like he had never kept goal before, then saved us from a real going over with some superb saves. I spoke to Fish waiting to get into the Iraq game and he reckoned Perth would be our hardest game in the run home, a cyber schooner to that man, me I thought after the display against Adelaide we would have been to strong how wrong can you be. I still think Sasho is bit of the pace at the moment is he carrying an injury.

Jeff (LouMacari)

Well in hindsight, thank god sasho was on and able to give that ball to owens (contender for goal of the season?) but I thought Matty Simon did a great job when he was on. I get the feeling he is holding his ground much better these days and can only get stronger the more time he gets on the park. Perth certainly gave us a physical game but maybe the way we play when we're there has something to do with the fact that they are playing at 10pm as they do look half asleep most of the time.

Obviously the 1 extra day to acclimatise isn't enough, maybe they could live on 'perth time' for the whole week leading up to the game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb