• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Optus

JoyfulPenguin

I have spent 35 hours on the phone to Optus in the past year.

I initially bought Optus Sport to watch the World Cup, their service didn't work so as an apology I was given free Optus Sport for a year and a free Fetch Mini Box for a year. I had to spend 15 hours trying to activate it, including having Optus Customer Service hang up on their own manager in their own store, to finally get it activated.

Six months later I see they have been charging me every month for Optus Sport, to a total of $89, I call to try and get a refund, they say they will give it in five business days, they don't. I call them every month from December to June trying to get this refund, provide receipts every time only to be told I will get a refund but never actually get it. This equalled 20 hours of my time, not counting time going travelling to Optus stores which was the only time their Customer Service paid attention to me.

I only got a refund from Optus when I threatened to take them to VCAT. They also tried to say that Google Play's terms and conditions take precedence over Victorian law, I literally had to explain liability to them and cite case law at them, good thing I am a law student! Even though I want to watch all the games in the Women's World Cup I won't ever be buying Optus Sport to watch it or any other football content they offer. If you are thinking about getting an Optus product, I urge you to reconsider.

Insertnamehere

I have spent 35 hours on the phone to Optus in the past year.

I initially bought Optus Sport to watch the World Cup, their service didn't work so as an apology I was given free Optus Sport for a year and a free Fetch Mini Box for a year. I had to spend 15 hours trying to activate it, including having Optus Customer Service hang up on their own manager in their own store, to finally get it activated.

Six months later I see they have been charging me every month for Optus Sport, to a total of $89, I call to try and get a refund, they say they will give it in five business days, they don't. I call them every month from December to June trying to get this refund, provide receipts every time only to be told I will get a refund but never actually get it. This equalled 20 hours of my time, not counting time going travelling to Optus stores which was the only time their Customer Service paid attention to me.

I only got a refund from Optus when I threatened to take them to VCAT. They also tried to say that Google Play's terms and conditions take precedence over Victorian law, I literally had to explain liability to them and cite case law at them, good thing I am a law student! Even though I want to watch all the games in the Women's World Cup I won't ever be buying Optus Sport to watch it or any other football content they offer. If you are thinking about getting an Optus product, I urge you to reconsider.
Also consider the telecommunications ombudsman. If you make a complaint then escalate it costs them $400. They really don't like it.

Insertnamehere

Yep did it in April, they got extremely pissy at me when I told them.
I had a similar experience with getting ADSL with telstra. After spending hours on the phone and hours researching wtf a pair gain was I had them nailed and they sent a tech out for free who laughed when I told him the story. Said they were full of S, I told him I was aware and thats why he was there.

Big Al

Next time fly to india and speak to them directly. Cheaper and quicker.

Seriously all big companies are really annoying when you need something that isn’t a simple tick the box.

I have my mobile and internet with optus. Don’t have any troubles unless i need to do something different.

My fetch box is absolutely rubbish but i never use it. Just watch the Optus sports app on my phone and chromecast it.

JoyfulPenguin

Next time fly to india and speak to them directly. Cheaper and quicker.

Seriously all big companies are really annoying when you need something that isn’t a simple tick the box.

I have my mobile and internet with optus. Don’t have any troubles unless i need to do something different.

My fetch box is absolutely rubbish but i never use it. Just watch the Optus sports app on my phone and chromecast it.
Yeah it honestly would be quicker to go to India, my biggest problem was a number of them didn't speak English well enough to actually properly communicate with.

Big Al

:p
Yeah it honestly would be quicker to go to India, my biggest problem was a number of them didn't speak English well enough to actually properly communicate with.
I had a client who had someone steal her phone identity with Optus. Everytime she tried to cancel they’d contact the person defrauding her nd they’d say no it’s fine. Was an absolute joke and caused her so much stress especially being an older woman. They were completely hopeless in helping her.

At least it’s good practice for you mate. See how they respond differently when your threats are real.

Also don’t forget to bill yourself for time :piralaugh:

First lesson of being a lawyer Is hit that clock before picking up the phone :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami