• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

On this One Con makes sense

midfielder

It's not often I agree with Con... but I agree with the general tenner of his comments... Yaa Yaa I know he is not the example of the worlds best manager ( arguably the worst) ... BUT there is almost no promotion by FFA of the A-League... maybe they don't have the coin as their overheads must be getting quite high with the staff they have appointed over the last couple of years....Also the reporter is from the TERROR

Having said all that I still think Con has a point...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26297994-5000940,00.html

Newcastle owner Con Constantine believes FFA must inject funds into clubs

By John Taylor
    November 03, 2009

Newcastle Jets owner Con Constantine has called for Football Federation Australia to inject Socceroos funds into the bleeding A-League clubs.

Constantine feels too much attention has been paid to promoting the Socceroos and FFA have ignored marketing the A-League.

The financial state of the clubs is so serious that a crisis meeting has been called with FFA chairman Frank Lowy in two weeks.

Constantine, one of the most passionate owners of all, fears some clubs might even go to the wall.

With most clubs losing at least $2 million last season and the picture is looking no brighter as crowds continue to dwindle.

"These are very difficult times and let's not kid ourselves that the economy has turned around.

"Imagine if interest rates go up again," he said.

Chairmen and CEO's of the 10 clubs will sit down with Lowy and air their grievances before agreeing to renew their licences. Some club CEO's have already been meeting to form a plan of attack.

Constantine would like to see the clubs receive a bigger slice from the FoxSports TV rights deal .

"Initially the clubs received about $1.2m - there should be an increase," he said.

The contract with the Pay TV network ends in 2013.

"Personally, I'd like to see some games on free to air as not everyone has Pay TV," Constantine said.

FFA also cover travel costs of the 10 A-League teams.

"The Socceroos were in Sydney recently for the game against The Netherlands and there was over 40,000 at the game. That money goes back into the FFA coffers," Constantine said.

"I thought this (fifth year) would be our best but it's not working out that way. All the clubs are going through hard times.

"FFA must realise what they are doing is not working. They have to make sure the A-League survives and do something about it now."

FFA have already been forced to take over Adelaide United after former owner Nick Bianco handed back the franchise in May.

Despite the fact that the Reds made an Asian Champions League final against Japanese outfit Gamba last year and played in the FIFA World Club Challenge, the prizemoney earned still didn't see the club in the black.

The club had to split the $2.7 million received from the ACL with the six A-League clubs (Wellington exempt) at the time and FFA also received their cut.

Meanwhile, FFA had a major breakthrough yesterday with Gold Coast owner Clive Palmer agreeing with the federation to build the fan base and scrap the controversial cap on crowds at Skilled Park.

The franchise capped their crowds at 5000 last weekend.

A new pricing structure will also be set before Saturday's home game against leaders Sydney FC.

FFC Mariner

Whilst he comes across as his usual money grubbing, whiny self, he does raise some valid points.

The Socceroos (at full strength) are a strong brand and dont need the level of promo they get (especially in a WC year).

There is no real promotion a HAL to reach people without pay tv. Some clubs are better than others but the FFA's marketing of the local game is pathetic.

FTA farken

Jerem

the one thing i dont understand is why they had to split the money from ACL, it was their earnings, they shoud have kept it, shoudlnt they?

Part_Timer

was an agreement reached when the aleauge began to stop any teams running away with all the money, as to not have an EPL

Jerem

i see. . . fair call
though if it means the difference between a club being in the red or black
maybe the agreement could be waivered at this early stage?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred