• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

NO REF Round 3 v Perth Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballantyne

Can I point out that we have conceded 7 goals in 2 games? A perceived bias in every referee would seem to be both unlikely and in any event trivial.

scottmac

Suspended
Can I point out that we have conceded 7 goals in 2 games? A perceived bias in every referee would seem to be both unlikely and in any event trivial.
I dont think it goes further than 2 soft pens mate. They were both calls that could go either way. Also the handball calls. Funny how all of them went the other way. They are calls that directly influence results and none of them went our way.

So no. A game thread where that shit happens and we dont talk about it is not a game thread.

I suggest this gets moved or deleted so that there is no confusion come game time

bikinigirl

. of course the inevitable has happened starting a thread like this ... the only thing that will be discussed is refereeing

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Not really
you can complain about the referee without attributing a loss to the referee. We can complain about the penalty in the first game, but that ain't why we lost :p

scottmac

Suspended
Not really

you can complain about the referee without attributing a loss to the referee. We can complain about the penalty in the first game, but that ain't why we lost :p
I don't think you got what I meant.
A game thread where we talk only about the referee is completely underestimating our teams ability. It didn't happen the first 2 games and it won't happen this one. Also I don't believe anyone has attributed the loss to the ref.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I don't think you got what I meant.
A game thread where we talk only about the referee is completely underestimating our teams ability. It didn't happen the first 2 games and it won't happen this one. Also I don't believe anyone has attributed the loss to the ref.
Ah, no, I agree with you. My 'not really' wasn't directed at you. My bad :p

ballantyne

. of course the inevitable has happened starting a thread like this ... the only thing that will be discussed is refereeing
Natch.
I just recently got frustrated rather than bored with the constant harping about the refereeing.
Other team's forums have whinging about the refs, but here at ccmfans.net it has become the lifeblood, the sine qua non, in fact the doctrine, as one commenter has even suggested this thread be censored.

Timmah

Reading through the match threads I disagree. There's plenty of reasoned debate about the players, several members rate each players' performance, critique tactics... of course refereeing is oft mentioned but I don't believe it's the overarching theme.

JMO!

ballantyne

Reading through the match threads I disagree. There's plenty of reasoned debate about the players, several members rate each players' performance, critique tactics... of course refereeing is oft mentioned but I don't believe it's the overarching theme.

JMO!
Maybe I'm over-sensitive to it, then.

Gratis

you talk about the game and what impacts on it. in the first two games this season the referees' decisions have had a genuine impact and deserve discussion. but i personally didn't feel that the discussion was disproportionate. imo

nebakke

I think it's really important to be aware that it is such a footballing cliche that the ref was biased against one's team, that it's horrifyingly easy to misinterpret comments about the referee.
For mine, I don't think we get that many serious suggestions of deliberately poor refereeing - certainly not enough to justify an perception that the refs are under constant, unwarranted, attack on this forum.
The thing is that we have seen two really important, borderline calls go against us in the first two games of the season, and we had a number of those go against us in the first half of the last season - you have to be able to express that when discussing the game, otherwise, what's the point?
If Roy doesn't get that pen two weeks ago, I'm 100% certain that they don't win it 5-1 - in fact, I would argue that based on performance last week and the first half hour of that game, there's a fair chance that we could have taken it, or at least pulled off a tie.
As it was, that pen took the wind out of our sails and gave Roy an extra push... That matters when you're reviewing the game, but you can't express it if you can't whinge about the reffing decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami