• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

No fair play award for Real Madrid this year?

FFC Mariner

Pepe's amazing assault - diving little cheat falls over in the box - the Pepe attempts to finish him off.

I believe he got 10 games for this??

"http://www.youtube.com/v/AksAfrn7tOM&hl=en&fs=1

clarence

Lol, if he was feigning injury you may as well make the upcoming red worth the effort and really give it to the diving c**t! (spoken by an ex defender)

Sym

I watched the end of that match
most incredible ending ever
madrid pulled a win outta their ass somehow

Jimmy

clarence said:
Lol, if he was feigning injury you may as well make the upcoming red worth the effort and really give it to the diving c**t! (spoken by an ex defender)

He didn't dive tho, I thought he did at first, but Pepe clearly pushes him in the back and puts him off balance.

clarence

Jimmy said:
clarence said:

He didn't dive tho, I thought he did at first, but Pepe clearly pushes him in the back and puts him off balance.

To which he decides he cannot keep on his feet anymore & plays for the penalty.

Pepe also felt hard done by. Look at the play live and you'll see Pepe standing all over the downed player, and even pressed a knee in when he went to see if he's alright. Then as other players were coming at Pepe, he's standing all over the downed player, treading on him. Obviously he felt it was a dive. This stuff not shown in the numerous replays on that clip, just the first showing.

Sym

He was stupid enough to push him in the first place, even if it wasn't enough to knock him over it's still stupid.

Having not watched the clip as I watched the game, does it include the penalty kick ?
at first I though it hit the post
just turned out to be a TERRIBLE spot kick

Jimmy

clarence said:
Jimmy said:
clarence said:

To which he decides he cannot keep on his feet anymore & plays for the penalty.

That generally happens when your pushed off balance going that fast.

Ben

i watched this match till just before this happened, i changed the channel cause i didn't think anything interesting was gonna happen, i was wrong

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think players would normally go to ground quicker in that situation - though even if it was a dive, Pepe was still an incredible idiot for putting his arm out towards the player in that situation.

Personally, I don't think it was a dive - a stiff-armed push from behind is going to knock anybody off balance.  Just because he goes down weirdly doesn't mean it's a dive.  Thought it was quite a blatant foul myself. 

10 weeks is well deserved for putting the boot into somebody on the ground - even if he barely got him. 

clarence

Bearinator said:
lol at only a 10 match ban for that

I think he got 1 week for the push that led to the fall, and 9 weeks for knee pushed into the down player, and treading all over him as players rushed Pepe!  ;) ;D

RADINHO

the diving cheat deserves to be smashed by Pepe and Pepe deserves his ban but i dont think it was penalty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred