• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Ads

1-0 loss in NPL.

Any thoughts from those watching?

were we off the pace and lucky to only be 1-0 or did we hold our own and have some good opportunities?

Ancient Mariner

This year we are not fitter faster or smarter than the oppositions. I am not sure whether the changes in coaches or the step up in grade is the reason.
We had some good chances but never really looked a serious threat.
Stayed in the game by sheer determination and heart. Although Blacktown were far from perfect, they did seem to be more comfortable and organised on the ball.
Work to be done.

priorpeter

Better energy this week although seemingly ran out of legs towards the end. Screaming out for a proper number 9, though I thought Duarte toiled well in the first 45 against their 2 CBs who are very good and very experienced. Undone by 1 mistake/loss of focus right at the end of the first half, but very much in the contest throughout. Larson was exceptional, as was Kasalovic.
A lot to like about Abbas Saad who seems like a genuinely good fella.

Meerkat

I arrived 20 mins in and tbh was expecting us to be down already. Was pleasantly surprised we didn’t get pumped.
I found similar frustrations to watching the first team in our inability to capitalise on set pieces and lots of opportunities wasted. That said, did we even have a shot at goal? We seemed to lose our way before we made it to the box.

i do think we were better than 2 weeks ago.

Ozhammer

As PP says, a single mistake in turning over the ball in midfield cost the boys the game ultimately. That this was against last years champions should indicate that we aren’t massively off the pace, although Beach was busy and pulled off some good saves, so the scoreline did flatter us somewhat in truth.

Agree that we need a proper CF to be the focal point of our attack, or we aren’t likely to score many goals.

It was always going to take the boys some time to adapt to this standard and LW abandoning the team can’t have helped, so let’s hope the new coach can turn things around quick smart.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

As PP says, a single mistake in turning over the ball in midfield cost the boys the game ultimately. That this was against last years champions should indicate that we aren’t massively off the pace, although Beach was busy and pulled off some good saves, so the scoreline did flatter us somewhat in truth.

Agree that we need a proper CF to be the focal point of our attack, or we are likely to score many goals.

It was always going to take the boys some time to adapt to this standard and LW abandoning the team can’t have helped, so let’s hope the new coach can turn things around quick smart.
"Abandoning" ?

JoyfulPenguin

After watching the replay I thought we played pretty well against a top NPL side stacked with Ex-ALM talent. While we didn't dominate the game we didn't allow Blacktown to either and we were a lot better structurally.

Our attack is still pretty toothless though as we seemingly don't have a striker. Duarte did decently up top and is a clever player but he looks more like a 10 or winger playing out of position. Sunmola in a moon boot certainly isn't good news.

Kasalovic was again very good, against a midfield of Berry/Shabow he was terrific, I hope he is training with our first team. When Di Pizio came on he was impressive as well. Though maybe dancing around three players at the top of your defensive box, which to be fair came off, isn't the best idea.

Larson impressed and really suffocated Blacktown's attacking threats, he and Windust are a good partnership.

We have a good spine but struggle a bit out wide both offensively and defensively, this was a good and much improved performance against a quality side, but we need to start picking up points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami