• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Rising Sun

20s cruised - 7-0 win which honestly could’ve and perhaps should’ve been double figures.
Notable thing for me out of this game was that Teng played CB and looked comfortable (albeit against outclassed opposition) and was able to show his passing range of both feet. So having started the season as a DM, he has had a few games as a striker and now has a run at CB. Not sure whether we are still trying to work out his best position but he is certainly showing his versatility and what a quality footballer he is going to be.

Meerkat

Spirit are a very well-drilled side, full credit to Perko (their head coach) who has them set up well and that’s definitely showed in their results over the last few weeks - now unbeaten in 8 in the league, plus their impressive cup run. Should’ve done better against a side that played 120 mins on Thursday though, doubly so after the red card. Final ball lacking and exactly as JP said we looked absolutely bereft of ideas. The boys will be hurting after that one and I dare say Christo will have put an absolute rocket up them. Shame as we now slip to 2nd in the league, things very tight in the top 5.
Got the feeling when we missed the pen that it was gonna be “one of those days”, and it certainly was.
Back home next week against Hakoah who are fighting to stay in touch with the promotion places - boys will need to bounce back strong.
I thought the exact same after the missed pen and may have been a collective thought between them ?
I thought we played better second half but by the 70th minute I was like.. someone could hand us a goal on a plate right now and we would still drop it.” ☹️
disappointing game but hopefully a one off.

Big Al

Notable thing for me out of this game was that Teng played CB and looked comfortable (albeit against outclassed opposition) and was able to show his passing range of both feet. So having started the season as a DM, he has had a few games as a striker and now has a run at CB. Not sure whether we are still trying to work out his best position but he is certainly showing his versatility and what a quality footballer he is going to be.
Hearing he played CB i had the exact same thoughts that we are trying to find what we think is his best position.

Not sure if we are trying to teach him different things so he can put it altogether or if we might be messing it up and not just going with where he plays? Sounds like it’s not that he isn’t good enough type thing so would be interesting to know why the constant shifting

Rising Sun

How are we looking in regards to promotion? Very likely? Shoe in? Or on track?
Barring someone going on a late run, there are 5 teams in serious contention for the 4 available slots (the 6th placed team are 9 points adrift of a promotion spot atm).

We are 4 points clear of 5th placed Northern Tigers. On current form Tigers are most likely to miss out - they were leaders early but have only had 2 wins and a draw in their last 8 and have a tough 4 weeks ahead, playing 3 of the other top 5 teams (including us).

Last weekends defeat to Spirit was a 6 pointer - if we had beaten them we would have been 8 ahead of them with 7 to play.

true believer

That was painful. Spirit were brilliantly organised and our dumb choices (all of them) made it easy for them in the end.
Bozanic (minor) getting sent off was about the only highlight really. His 2nd yellow was just stupid, blatant body check against a player going nowhere in the centre circle

Fear Jok may not make it - won no headers, had no shots, created no chances. With any other strikers available he would have been hooked for sure and certain.

McCarthyyyyyyyyyyyy is a shadow of his former self post injury - barely involved (did win the pen) and was hooked.
Fmd jok has been killing it for weeks . The team has an ordinary game .jok is a dud .

Big Dog

I'm happy to sit on the wait and see side with Jok. Happy to be proved wrong but he has a long way to go imo. He's athletic and strong but poor first touch and passing is average. Most likely due to him only being in the game 5 or 6yrs. I just can't see him having an impact on A-league standard defensive lines... yet, but I'm not Nick or Sergio... so we'll see.

Meerkat

When was that? - good at tap ins but easily rubbed out of the game by an organised back 4.
I don’t want to write him off but haven’t been impressed by him at all.. keep wondering what I’m missing. He can tap the ball in but nothing creative.. he just seems all legs with not a lot happening with them ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami