• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth and Womens league 2008/09

john_kowolski

A few questions....

* has anyone seen a draw for the youth league?, and does anyone know if the games at Bluetongue will act as 'curtain raisers'?

* are we going to be a part of the national womens league? I haven't heard too much about this either. From what I've heard its a 6 team comp, with SBS televising it, but would hope that if we had a central coast team, the club would take intitive and link with them.

I would really hope that we have a womens team on the coast affiliated with the mariners, in terms of growing the mariners brand, could you imagine how good that would be!!! 

I would think that having a different name for the youth team (and womens if we have one) would also work well, while keeping in line with the 'Mariners' theme.

Has anyone heard anything about these competitions?

marinermick

- yes, they will be as curtain raisers except for the sunday game where the earlier start will put the players at risk heat wise and therefore played at another time
- the club has investigated three venues for these alternative games - pluim, budgie or christie park and funnily enough pluim came out top with the FFA
- no draw for the NYL is out yet but assume they will preceed the senior game in most instances
- assuming that the new woman's league will be state based given that there are only six teams (QLD, NNSW, NSW, Vic, SA and WA) and no team affiliated with a-league club, though i do believe each a-league club should have their woman's team as well

offtheball

marinermick said:
- yes, they will be as curtain raisers except for the sunday game where the earlier start will put the players at risk heat wise and therefore played at another time
- the club has investigated three venues for these alternative games - pluim, budgie or christie park and funnily enough pluim came out top with the FFA
- no draw for the NYL is out yet but assume they will preceed the senior game in most instances
- assuming that the new woman's league will be state based given that there are only six teams (QLD, NNSW, NSW, Vic, SA and WA) and no team affiliated with a-league club, though i do believe each a-league club should have their woman's team as well

Gee I hope some money is going to be spent on Pluim then!

S

soccersensei

Pretty darn excited about these leagues. Youth league... getting to see the next big names in their early years is going to be fantastic - and Football as the dominant code in Aus is a dream that will be super powered on by the growth of the women's league I think, not to mention that Australian women are just such terrific athletes pound for pound that I think the future looks simply awesome.

Tez

offtheball said:
marinermick said:
Gee I hope some money is going to be spent on Pluim then!

Would love to see that place upgraded!
specially if they are going to get bigger crowds there, and maybe they could do something about the parking there as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred