• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

MV vs CCM MW19 - Hoodoo No.2

booney

Two points thrown away.Lots of possession but poor finishing and poor final passes stuffed us again.

Nizzie is a little dynamo but his lack of goals will not see him progress to representative status.Players like Connor Metcalfe are also dynamic but can score the odd goal so would be favoured in front of him.

Big Al

Played with them in the first 30 the mouse escaped and should of killed the cat.

Millar for Nigro was to late. Other than that we don’t have anybody worthy of changing a game.

Bouhman has gone backwards.

It’s been so long between Koul getting decent minutes everyone else forgot he was playing and ignored him.

Ancient Mariner

Subs are down to Staj, also our 2nd position on the table is down to Staj.
He has had players and the team playing well above their ability level and I feel due to the fast start to the season many started to believe the team was better than it really is.
Over the weeks opposition coaches have worked out how we play and who they have to close down. The team is still doing well to be where it is but does not have the depth to make wholesale changes.

I do not think a change in structure is possible at the moment. When Arnie did it he had better players and they still took many weeks to adjust. I think we are stuck with the 4222 or if you prefer the 442 with narrow wingers, relying on our fullbacks for attacking width and then coping with counter attacks with speed falling back. It is a tiring way to play and other teams are capitalising using width in attack.

I doubt we have the cattle to be better than a final 6 side this year, which at the start of the season many would have been extremely happy with.
I doubt the team has the strength to win the plate which was obviously Staj's stated goal to get to Asia. If that can be left by the wayside there may be the chance that others in the squad will get a run. At the moment there is too much chasing the points with what is seen as the best 11.
I personally, would like to see some changes to the run on side and bugger the consequences.

To begin with I do not think Janota can play in the narrow winger role. Keep him to teach some skills.
We cannot carry a DM who cannot pass no matter how much of a beast he can be. Stens must make way for Nizzy to play in his correct position. Nizzy cannot shoot and his talent is somewhat wasted on the wing no matter how narrow that wing may be.
Bouman is not a winger, he came to the Club as an AM and looked his best when he has played up front.
We are lacking finishing. Simon and Urena have been good and we have reasonable subs with Kuol, Bouman and Smilie. However our wingers are not scoring. Time to give Casella some more minutes.
Ollie is starting to tire in the last 20 mins and needs to be subbed. This could be when you bring Stens on.
For all his enthusiasm Nigro really is not good enough. Time to give Miller some more time or see if Hatch can play on the right perhaps.

The starting 11 has really gone as far as they can go and it is time to start seeing if some of the youngsters can step up and are worth tying down.

I think after many false dawns this is a team that can be built upon and should be seen as such rather than as contenders.

Last edited:

Avoca

I think we’ve always been a good team this season, however, every other club is starting to catch-up. I still don’t think we’ve reached our full potential yet.

The A-League table is extremely close, & the amount of overall draws in the last week has proved that. We need to do the little things right.

Ads

Victory clearly let us have the ball as a distinct tactic, and we’re very ready to pounce when we eventually force a pass not there.

Letting us have the ball backfired when we scored, but without that goal they mentally had a game plan knowing if we didn’t capitalise that we would start to doubt ourselves and our ability to keep making good passes and flowing attack.

They made us stale.

All our best games have been against teams wanting to play hard with us and Nizzy, Olli stealing the ball and quickly hitting the counter.
This has more flow and you don’t overthink trying to move from one part of the pitch to the next.

It sounds stupid but like the teams that are now working us out, I think we need to let teams into the game more and give them that false sense of security that teams keep doing to us, so we can steal the ball and counter rather than pass from side to side for 5 minutes while they set their defence strong.

Pretty much almost every of the last 6 games are doing to us, what we did to them in the first 7/10 games.

shipwreck

Victory clearly let us have the ball as a distinct tactic, and we’re very ready to pounce when we eventually force a pass not there.

Letting us have the ball backfired when we scored, but without that goal they mentally had a game plan knowing if we didn’t capitalise that we would start to doubt ourselves and our ability to keep making good passes and flowing attack.

They made us stale.

All our best games have been against teams wanting to play hard with us and Nizzy, Olli stealing the ball and quickly hitting the counter.
This has more flow and you don’t overthink trying to move from one part of the pitch to the next.

It sounds stupid but like the teams that are now working us out, I think we need to let teams into the game more and give them that false sense of security that teams keep doing to us, so we can steal the ball and counter rather than pass from side to side for 5 minutes while they set their defence strong.

Pretty much almost every of the last 6 games are doing to us, what we did to them in the first 7/10 games.
I 100% get this

Tevor

Absolute rubbish, worst game I’ve watched for a long time and if I was a neutral I would have changed the channel. It looked like last against second last it was that dire. The bubble has burst and we will be very lucky to make the six as plenty of teams have games on us and are hitting their stride. I’m now adjusting my expectations to glad we didn’t get the spoon and if by some miracle we start winning again then maybe finals.

Can not believe we have drawn twice with the worst Victory team in their history, just embarrassing and we don’t deserve 2nd spot but we will not be there for long. Shame the good feelings couldn’t last all season.

Insertnamehere

Defs our least watchable game of the year
Absolute rubbish, worst game I’ve watched for a long time and if I was a neutral I would have changed the channel. It looked like last against second last it was that dire. The bubble has burst and we will be very lucky to make the six as plenty of teams have games on us and are hitting their stride. I’m now adjusting my expectations to glad we didn’t get the spoon and if by some miracle we start winning again then maybe finals.

Can not believe we have drawn twice with the worst Victory team in their history, just embarrassing and we don’t deserve 2nd spot but we will not be there for long. Shame the good feelings couldn’t last all season.

FFC Mariner

We have 2 absolutely terrible fullbacks and their replacements arent any better (quite possibly worse). With our spend (we pocketed the Ziggy savings too dont forget) we cant really expect much more.
Wasting whatever we have paid Janota hasnt helped.
Anywhere in the 6 is a massive achievement with probably the 2nd weakest squad in the comp
Also, never complain about an away point

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami