• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Multi Faceted Mariners

nearlyyellow

For what it's worth, I could see a (more ambitious and wealthy) CCM doing the reverse and trying to get Central Coast Mariners into the NRL and sidestepping the Bears (who are really someone else's team). If we had an indoor arena of ~5k capacity they could try for NBL, WNBL and netball teams too, all carrying the brand, sharing marketing, membership, sports science, and other resources... Could operate the venues with ability to balance scheduling between all 'tenants' and still have room to host entertainment events, concerts etc.

Imagine Adcock Park as a facility with an indoor arena, a baseball field up to ABL standards, a cricket/AFL oval with a grandstand big enough for first class games (i.e. not all that big!).

Might need to have an umbrella organisation - something like the Central Coast Leagues Club - to pull it all together. Probably a discussion for another thread.
This is extremely lateral thinking dibo. But it's well worth discussing.
I can't see CCM under the existing owner and what we know of his level of financial capability as being the one for the job.
Where are those uber wealthy Arab oil Sheiks, the (non-criminal) Russian Oligarchs, the nouveau riche Chinese entrepreneurs ?
These are the only kinds of backers who would have the financial wherewithal to implement a scheme as grand as you mentioned. I can't see the CCLC being capable of achieving that.
But, man, what a vision. Better for the Coast than any old "theme park", imho, of course. :)

dibo

Want a wild idea? If the Commonwealth Games continue to exist, work it all up towards a bid to host the games down the track somewhere. We hosted in 2006 in Melbourne, they're on the Gold Coast in 2018; can you imagine the CommGames in Gosford in 2030?

nearlyyellow

Now *that* is an ambitious objective. I like your style. A Commonwealth Games stadium would have to have a capacity of about 50K. sim. to QE11 at Nathan. Then there's transport and accommodation infrastructure in the district, communications, catering and so on. Are you sure that all that wouldn't be beyond lil' ole' Gossy's capabilities? Even given the 16 years available? Do we have the vision, and the backingf of pollies to commit to financing? And there would have to be a Frank Lowey type of backer too! (No bloody Nathan Tinklers, thanks).

Anyway, at the rate WSW is wowing media and pollies the 2030 Games will probably be held at an expanded Pirtek. ;)

But I do dream of a cashed up CCM. It would make the life of fans and CCM tragics a whole lot easier. :)

EDIT: Go into politics NOW dibo. You have 16 years to get elected and garner enough political and financial support to make it happen. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb