• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mrdja?

Would you give him another year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Who the f*ck is Mrdja?

• Total voters

Andy

Just wondering the thoughts about Nik Mrdja's possible future with us. Would you still be willing to give him another year?

IMO, I would give him another shot if he is willing to sign a reduced contract and the management are sure he can get back to full fitness.

Vote and discuss.

marinersman

He's just too good a striker not to persevere with.

If he makes it through the winter with Lightning than we have a guy who can score 10 goals a season. Mind you, if we keep Johnny A, he's got some competition with him and Sash.

What a strike force to have! Not a bad sub!

rosko

Mrdja is one of the most lethal strikers I have ever seen.... There is no way that I would stand in a wall with Nik behind the ball... I even said that to Gumps one day and he agreed... I would love to see him back in yellow...

IF he accepts Lawrie's publicly stated challenge to go through a Lightning season before getting offered a contract.......and he survives that....then yes.
He's always had the potential to be a success in the A-League but his injuries have threatened his career. He has to prove to Lawrie and then all the other clubs who may be interested that he can play without too much injury.
From the sounds of what has been said about that knee of his, its a problem that needs rest and then rehab, and hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle for him when he can return. Most knee injuries keep flaring up with overwork, and there's usually some lessening of the knee's strength and flexibility after an op., and that can slow you down yards. How well he comes back is in question.
Even if we don't sign Aloisi for next season, he'd still be a 3rd string striker, and coming off the bench for quite a while. And he'd get offered a contract that would match that spot in the squad.
IF he doesn't want to take the challenge I guess he can try to get back to Perth, and start over. Otherwise I'd guess he's finished. Doubt clubs like Sydney or Newcastle would want him, they would know of his injury situation only too well.

S

striker

I voted Yes - simply because I like the way he plays football.

But, I would like to offer a contract for match payment only... that way we can test whether he has any heart left.

I know Kevrenor said that maybe against Player Ass, policy.  But I believe that no union would prevent one of its members obtaining gainful employment.

Gen (MarinerMum)

He's good but only if you can remember his last game.  3 years of maybe 3 years tooooo long.
Yeah good boot but his boots are always in the locker.

jaypee

I voted yes but again only based on the fact he must do a stint in the lightning.

If he does that and accepts reduced payments then yes....

Jocwa08

I think he would go amazing with john aloisi over time, and sasho.
I really like him.
And if the IMPOSSIBLE does happen and he gets injured for another season then we sign someone as an injury replacement.
He could train the academy stikers with talent like his.

Omni

Yes, he'll be injured all year and we could sign someone better outside of the cap.

Bex

We probably don't need him if we've got Sash, Aloisi and Simon in the line up. Having said that, it would be great to have Mrdja available if we get injuries/suspensions to any two of those guys, but only at the right price. Surely, Mrdja himself would accept that he has to prove he can stay on the field before he expects a good deal.

Also, we don't know whats happening with Aloisi so better to keep the Mrdja option open at this stage. Unless you can think of a buy in that would fit the bill........

Atomic

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have a "no dickheads" policy??? A point for discussion... does Mrdja fall into this category?

Bear

Voted no, cos I dont think he deserves it. No matter how could he appaerntly is. Go back to Perth buddy.

S

striker

Atomic said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have a "no dickheads" policy??? A point for discussion... does Mrdja fall into this category?

yep - he fits the unofficial "dickhead policy" criteria.  but, he's a good player :. he's less of a dickhead?

Bex

Dickhead policy, yes. We've also got an unofficial "give a bloke a fair go" policy as well and perhaps he deserves one more go to get past the injury problems. After all, we did sign him up. I would hate to be a player who has a couple of injury problems (ok, serious problems) and gets dropped like a cold spud.

EastEnder

Asa Foetida said:
IF he accepts Lawrie's publicly stated challenge to go through a Lightning season before getting offered a contract.......and he survives that....then yes.

Ditto

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred