• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

MLS

FFC Mariner

Watched the first 70 mins of LA Galaxy v Chivas USA (a derby billed by the tools on ESPN as the super classico!!!)

Interesting to see where they seemed to compare with the HAL.

Seemed faster than our game and a higher tempo but FMD some of the football was shit. Chivas looked a useful side but Galaxy (incl Beckham) were just shit.

Get ball
Give to Beckham (playing too deep)
Hooooooooooof to crappy forwards
Lose ball

sort of like a really crappy SFC really

I reckon we would easily hold our own in that comp.

Thoughts anyone??

tuftman

Thats what the exhibition match vs SFC was like really. Beckham and Donovan are the only 2 players in that Galaxy side that are worth the air they breath. I'd say that as a whole the HAL is of a better standard. LAAAAAWL superclasico

FFC Mariner

Their No2 (left wing) was just terrible, kept falling over, running at the opposition and losing the ball.

Awful footballer

tuftman

Yeah I havent seen much of the MLS but what I have seen has convinced me that US football aside from Adu and Altidore hasnt really produced too many good players in the last couple of years

Arabmariner

Lets be honest even by the standards of most of the smaller european leagues both MSL and the a-league are pretty crap.

The standard of a- league and MSL appears pretty similar to me.MSL doesn't appear to have got any stronger in the time it's been established.

It'll be interesting to see how we compare in 5 - 10 years time.

loyalist

Arabmariner said:
Lets be honest even by the standards of most of the smaller european leagues both MSL and the a-league are pretty crap.

The standard of a- league and MSL appears pretty similar to me.MSL doesn't appear to have got any stronger in the time it's been established.
I dont actually know this for sure but when the mls was established were there players of donovan, beckham, juan pablo angels etc. standards in the league?

tuftman

I tend to think that the MLS has a huuuuuuuuuuuuge gap between their top level and then the next level which distorts the overall level of talent. They have guys like Beckham, Abel Xavier, Donovan, Denilson, Blanco, and Claudio Reyna. These guys would get a start at most decent level European clubs, heck Beckham nearly signed for A.C Milan before going to the States. But the you get players who are of a very poor quality. Lets take Kevin Harmse as the example because we saw him play against SFC. He couldn't pass the ball, his marking was very ordinary, his timing of a challenge was horrible. The MLS is littered with players of this quality as well as having a sprinkling of the genius. I'd say that maybe we wouldn't necesarily win the thing but I would think that we would hold our own

loyalist

TUFTY-mitchell said:
The MLS is littered with players of this quality as well as having a sprinkling of the genius.
so more or less the same as the a-leauge except their top players are way above ours?

RADINHO

Arabmariner said:

It'll be interesting to see how we compare in 5 - 10 years time.

True both Leagues are still developing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred