• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mind Numbing Decisions Given Or Ignored By A-League Refs

Wombat

Look like a penalty but glad it wasn't given. I preferred when if it was accidental then it wasn't a handball.

turbo

text book perth v methcarther 37th minute
Yep. We didnt have to wait long for a comparable example. Great consistency.

I preferred when if it was accidental then it wasn't a handball.
I dont remember when that was ever completely the case. Accidental is a problem because you can't read minds. Remember that game where Fox had a handball against him and it bounced up and hit his hand for a penalty? No wanderers anywhere near. That was before the recent changes and they supposedly would have stopped that one from being called..

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah.....for most scenarios, the law tinkering of the last few years actually hasn't changed decision making as much as people think.

When the law simply said 'deliberately handles the ball', there was still a list of considerations, including position (ie natural/unnatural position).

Things like arm a little out from the side of the body were always a judgement call and were always a potential foul.

pjennings

Yep. We didnt have to wait long for a comparable example. Great consistency.

I dont remember when that was ever completely the case. Accidental is a problem because you can't read minds. Remember that game where Fox had a handball against him and it bounced up and hit his hand for a penalty? No wanderers anywhere near. That was before the recent changes and they supposedly would have stopped that one from being called..

I remember. Slater and Harper called for Matty to get a yellow in the middle of the field for what was borderline accidental. They said it was deliberate and a clear yellow. The rule at that stage was accidental nothing, deliberate a foul, yellow maybe if it was stopping an attack rather than controlling the ball

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I remember. Slater and Harper called for Matty to get a yellow in the middle of the field for what was borderline accidental. They said it was deliberate and a clear yellow. The rule at that stage was accidental nothing, deliberate a foul, yellow maybe if it was stopping an attack rather than controlling the ball
Haha, yep. So many people don't understand that 'deliberate'...even the clearly intentional ones....are still not an automatic yellow.

Player on the ground grabs the ball because he has the shits it wasn't a foul, or blatantly slaps the ball down that's going past him? Still only a yellow if it's stopping a promising attack, a failed attempt to stop a goal or an attempt to score a goal.

I remember one game, the ball was high and going out. So, rather than have to turn and chase the ball for 40 metres, he jumped up and grabbed it, but misjudged the line, so caught it on the field. The ball that was going straight out and about a metre in from the line. Easy free kick, nothing else.

You'd be amazed at how incensed the other team was that I didn't book him for it....I mean, FFS.....typical O/35 players :D

true believer

screaming penalty call in the 56th minute . no replay ! tards score at other end next 30 seconds .
the ffa is so corrupt . i have no doubt it's a pen their doing their best to ignore
now .

62 minute still no reply

edit

the turning point of the game and no replay .
no matter what it looks like tomorrow .
the ffa and paramount concealed at replay of the pivotal moment of the game .
this looks to be fraud

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb