• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mind Numbing Decisions Given Or Ignored By A-League Refs

JackMariner

A fellow member good mate of mine, suggested we gather all the downright bad decisions not just on our games but as many as we can muster, given by the abysmal refereeing in the A-League post them on youtube to show internationally just how crook refereeing in A-League is, AND EVER HAS BEEN!

Last edited:

Big Al

clear pen against sydney in the 86 minute .no var and replay shut down asap .
fagarni losing his shit again
I was happy with the refs call. In that area of by the side where there is a little gap but also not unnatural. 50/50 call and happy to go with the ref.

There was no way VAR can get involved because it’s not clear and obvious as it’s 50/50.

Big Al

his arm moves to the ball al . there is a reason they stopped the replays .
macca certainly called it a pen to
I would have been happy if a pen was given but also happy one wasn’t. Also agree with the commentary saying depends what shirt you’re wearing. If it happened to us we’d be pissed both ways so that’s why I am saying I’m happy as it was 50/50. Don’t agree his arm moves to the ball

turbo

I was happy with the refs call. In that area of by the side where there is a little gap but also not unnatural. 50/50 call and happy to go with the ref.

There was no way VAR can get involved because it’s not clear and obvious as it’s 50/50.
I feel like it should have been looked at. His arms were out a little making himself bigger and we’ve seen less given this season. If it was us we’d be asking for it. Site note a draw would have been a better result for us IMO.

Melange

I feel like it should have been looked at. His arms were out a little making himself bigger and we’ve seen less given this season. If it was us we’d be asking for it. Site note a draw would have been a better result for us IMO.

Draw or next best is Rudan losing. I get a perverse pleasure out of watching press conferences of losing coaches, especially bitters like Rudan. Don't know what he said to Corica when they shook hands but by Corica's reaction it wasn't congratulations. Anyhoo was interested in listening to all his pathetic excuses but he was a no show, van Egmond stood in for him

Big Al

I think they are making a conscious effort not to re-ref the game and use VAR properly which is for howlers. Not everytime a team or fans get upset at 50/50’ or even 60/40’s. Have noticed a change in last couple of games.

I also would have been happy with VAR saying come have a look but with no advice like in our game today. The ref had a look at the Cummings header but stuck with the decision as there was no obvious error

Big Al

Draw or next best is Rudan losing. I get a perverse pleasure out of watching press conferences of losing coaches, especially bitters like Rudan. Don't know what he said to Corica when they shook hands but by Corica's reaction it wasn't congratulations. Anyhoo was interested in listening to all his pathetic excuses but he was a no show, van Egmond stood in for him
Agree a Rudan dummy spit is worth it. Can’t believe he missed the presser over that. He really is a twat

Big Al

his arm moves to the ball al . there is a reason they stopped the replays .
macca certainly called it a pen to
Didn’t realise how far away his arm actually was because on P+ last night looked pretty natural but it’s a little further away than I thought but definitely didn’t move towards the ball but probably more pen than not so have changed my mind

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

VAR looked at it - he only sends it to on-field review if he thinks it's a C&O error.

These ones are always tough - the LOTG have still failed to place clear expectations on when the arm is kind of away from the body.

There's a point where it's far enough away that it's a clear foul no matter how close the kick is, and a point where it's right by the side and it's not a foul (unless he had reasonable chance to react), and everything in between - this is in between, and while this side-on view is the worst angle, doesn't seem too far out, so seems like probably the right call.

It's certainly debatable, but hardly up there with referee clangers - and when it's well in that grey area, VAR won't refer to onfield review - as they shouldn't.

Of course, we've seen similiar ones given - and more blatant ones not given.

If this wasn't one of several Sydney derbies (how they get given to Faghani is utterly beyond me - you need somebody with strength on a derby) but instead, say, a small club defending against a big club...well, I wish I believed it would be the same decision

I think they are making a conscious effort not to re-ref the game and use VAR properly which is for howlers. Not everytime a team or fans get upset at 50/50’ or even 60/40’s. Have noticed a change in last couple of games.

I also would have been happy with VAR saying come have a look but with no advice like in our game today. The ref had a look at the Cummings header but stuck with the decision as there was no obvious error

VAR saying to come have a look is already advising the referee that he believes there is a C&O error - but the VAR then doesn't advise either way on the decision but instead talks about a 'possible handball'

From the LOTG - VAR Protocol:

• If the ‘check’ indicates a probable ‘clear and obvious error’ or ‘serious missed incident’, the VAR will communicate this information to the referee, who will then decide whether or not to initiate a ‘review’

turbo

Didn’t realise how far away his arm actually was because on P+ last night looked pretty natural but it’s a little further away than I thought but definitely didn’t move towards the ball but probably more pen than not so have changed my mind
I’ve seen this a few times this morning and the more I see it the more I’m convinced it should have been given. It’s certainly not in close to his side, decent gap there.

VAR looked at it - he only sends it to on-field review if he thinks it's a C&O error.
Yeah I’m aware VAR has looked. I meant I think the ref should have checked it out on the monitor. It’s possible the refs angle didn’t show the distance from body very well at the time.

I think they are making a conscious effort not to re-ref the game and use VAR properly which is for howlers. Not everytime a team or fans get upset at 50/50’ or even 60/40’s. Have noticed a change in last couple of games
I think it’s for the best overall but it will lead to more of these grey decisions where fans feel like they’ve been shafted especially if the sides are reversed another week and it’s given. But consistency with this handball rule is challenging.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami