• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Milicevic gooone!!!

Sean

Milicevic set to depart Victory
By Guy Hand
October 18, 2007 SOCEROO Ljubo Milicevic has almost certainly played his last A-League match for Melbourne Victory after he was axed from the squad to play Perth Glory on Sunday.

Talks between Milicevic's management, the players' union and Victory officials failed to resolve the defender's standoff with the A-League champions over a disciplinary breach.

The next step would appear to be suitable exit strategies for all parties after Milicevic, who along with fellow Socceroo Archie Thompson was suspended indefinitely over missing a team breakfast last week, was dropped from the Victory squad to play Perth Glory at Telstra Dome.

While Thompson apologised for his indiscretion and has been welcomed back into the fold, Milicevic's dumping from the team after being banished from training all week was a clear statement there is no way back for him.

The players' union remained publicly hopeful Milicevic's suspension would be lifted and he could remain with the club.

But it appears more likely any resolution will involve the 26-year-old parting company with the Victory.

After several run-ins with the hierarchy, it appears the Victory consider Milicevic's position with the club untenable.

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Brendan Schwab said talks were continuing between all parties, with the union keen to ensure Milicevic could remain at the club where he is contracted for the next 18 months.

Clearly we would have preferred a resolution to have been reached sooner, Schwab said.

We are hopeful of a resolution that will see a player of Ljubo's calibre remain a part of the A-League.

He is very committed to the group. He would be more than willing to participate in the same process Archie Thompson was willing to participate in following the weekend's events.

After slamming the club through the media following his suspension, Thompson then apologised publicly to the club, teammates and fans and was welcomed back to training.

But Milicevic has not been sighted at the club since, amid talk the Victory consider him an unwelcome distraction and they would be better off without him.

If his contract is torn up, Milicevic would be free to go elsewhere ahead of the January transfer window.

Otherwise, if he remained on the Victory's books he would face three months in football purgatory before he could secure a transfer to another club.

The Socceroo's signing in February after five years in Europe was greeted with much enthusiasm by the Victory when it was announced soon after the grand final win.

Yet there have been persistent rumours he does not see eye to eye with coaching staff and senior players, while a knee injury which has limited Milicevic to just two matches this season hasn't helped his cause.

Meanwhile, the Victory will give skipper Kevin Muscat until as late as possible to overcome a thigh injury ahead of Sunday's match.

But Muscat remains an unlikely starter, though fellow midfielders Grant Brebner and Leigh Broxham return to the squad after suspension and injury respectively.

------

Great job he has done for the A-league so far.

Jeff (LouMacari)

So if it's a secret, how did Perm get o......oh I just realised. Well this will be interesting to see who actually looks at marinators.net.

I'd like to get away from the cove colours thats on here at present though! ;)

adz

Staff member
yeh this is the standard theme that comes with SMF - I've made a few mods but not colours yet

dibo

i've clearly missed something - what was it in perm's post that was replied to but is no longer there?

Deej

dibo said:
i've clearly missed something - what was it in perm's post that was replied to but is no longer there?

I deleted a post of mine dibo (just having a play) - advising him to put this on the other forum, it was when we found out that this was accidently live so asked not to spread the word yet as we had things to work through

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred