• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mile wants Meggsy at the Mariners

skilbeck

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/73110,megsys-still-the-man-for-mile.aspx

Megsy's Still The Man For Mile

EXCLUSIVE: Mile Jedinak would love to welcome roommate Michael Beauchamp home to the Central Coast Mariners from his Nurnberg nightmare.
Gosfords newest Socceroo is not sure whether his friend would be interested in a return at this stage but is just delighted to see him flourishing at international level.

The duo spent plenty of time together on Australias recent trek to Singapore and China and Jedinak hopes Beauchamps performances will aid his bid for regular first team football.

He told au.fourfour.com: Not too sure if theres any chance of Lawrie (McKinna) getting him back but Megsys had a fantastic trip.

He is a great guy, a great player and it says everything that he pulled out performances like that for his country when hes not playing regular first team football.

While Beauchamp is looking to nail down a spot following the retirement of Craig Moore, Jedinak is still coming to terms with a whirlwind spell that has seen him transformed from office manager to Australian international.

It isnt too long ago that the Mariners player of the season was putting in a hard days graft and then driving up the motorway for training in the hope of landing a deal.

He believes its a case of never giving up on your dream.

He said: I didnt think all this would happen to me, certainly not this quickly. But if you work hard then I guess anythings possible.

Jedinak has seen boost after boost in just a number of days. Just being called into camp by Pim Verbeek was a huge honour and it just got better.

He said: The trip had the full 360. First into camp, then playing against Singapore was a great experience and a great honour and then to get the call for China was amazing.

He (Verbeek) pulled me aside to tell me he wanted me to travel to China. I wasnt expecting it at all. He just said to keep doing what youve been doing.

Now hes had a taste of the big stage, Jedinak is desperate for more.
He said: Absolutely. You get a taste of it and you see where youve got to be at to compete with the big boys. Its just more fuel for me.

When youre around this bunch of blokes you lift and youve got no choice but to lift because the quality of these guys is second to none.

Would be good for the mariners to have him back here but not for Meggsys career IMO would be a massive step back for Meggsy to come back to the A League. Needs to look elsewhere in Europe first

Deej

Would love to see Boogs, Wilks and Meggzi in our defence thou...........can't see it happening

SNOWMARINER

That would be brillant, not to likely, but oh how it would sure up the backline.

One position I wish we would spend money on.

midfielder

Meggsy ..............my all time fav Mariner............also I won a lot of beers...........after watching him play two games said he will play for Australia and evertone bet me.

IMO the best player we have ever had and that includes JA & Tommy P.

marinersman

midfielder said:
Meggsy ..............my all time fav Mariner............also I won a lot of beers...........after watching him play two games said he will play for Australia and evertone bet me.

IMO the best player we have ever had and that includes JA & Tommy P.

No doubt he was miles ahead of the rest of our squad in v1 and I think would have got the JW Medal if it wasn't for his send off against the flying circus.

Hasn't quite nailed down his spot in the national team yet and seems to be having a tough time in Germany.

He's certainly a quality player, that's for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred