• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mike Charlesworth

midfielder

HHHMMMM

I am no fan of MC, and have countless issues with him pertaining to the Mariners.

However

I have changed my mind in a number of areas about MC and share them with the forum.

To start, the obvious we play in a salary capped league that allows clubs with greater funds to spend a heap more than other clubs…. But nowhere near other countries…

I started to change my mind, when I listened to Staj, and he proved it works and Monty has carried on what Staj started.

Simply both coaches accepted and worked with the owner’s requirements i.e. create a team with a few harden decent players and put the best youth you can find around them.

This is the same system LM had.

The issue is coach selection… while many proclaim to accept and understand this… IMO only, LM, AS & Monty have had the skill and willingness to operate in this manner.

Moss signed a heap of non A-League standard players on long term high wage contracts and it took years to get rid of these and Okon well he needed a top side his heart was not in youth development.

I have come to accept in the grander scheme of things we are a development club in a development league.

We will have the odd screamer of a season and the odd complete failure of a season.

Whatever to me its seems MC has learnt the type of coach he needs and IMO most other coaches in the A-League could not coach us within the requirements of being a development team... as this requires astute selection of juniors .... and astute selection of older players willing to play the leadership and mentor roles....

Unlike say pre, AS when IMO we where not even a good state league side we are competitive today and capable on our best day to beat anyone.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred