• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

MET FAR NORTH 2009

FNSW joined Central Coast & Kuringai associations and conduct OPEN trials.  I took my son May 17 and was fortunate to be asked back and I was suprised as SA cut him years ago, anyway U15's & U16's look particularly strong as players have come back from PYL teams (Manly, Syd Tigers, Bankstown, Blacktown) which is great as they did not come last year due to , well will not name the U15 coach.

This is all positive and if he gets in, great if not, this time he was given a fair go, or at least it seems that way. 

For those who were asked back, trials are on:
SATURDAY MAY 30
U14 & U15: 430-6pm, U16: 6-730pm and U11: 5-630pm

afan

Just saw this update on FNSW Central Coast Web Page:

BUDGEWOI CLOSED
NEW VENUE FOR TRIALS = Mt Penang Sports Complex
The Avenue, Kariong (off the F3 - Pacific Hwy turnoff)
View Link for Map http://www.gladesvillerydemagic.com/grounds/Mt_Penang.html

RE-SCHEDULE MET FAR NORTH TRIALS:
SATURDAY MAY 30
U14 & U15: 430-6pm
U16: 6-730pm
U11: 5-630pm

afan

GOALKEEPERS: There is 1 spot left for an U15 Goalkeeper who wishes to trial for Met Far North State Titles 2009 side.  If you interested please visit www.footballcentralcoast.com and make contact with organizers FNSW.

dibo

it's not just this thread, more the central coast football board.

so many threads to do with CCF and CCL have all these single purpose aliases coming on and giving 'inside info' and often pretty harsh criticism of other (named) people around the CCF community. if people are willing to name names, they should put their own forward.

in many cases they're not participating in any discussions other than those to do with local football.

it irks me because often (though obviously not in this case) it degenerates into the sort of mudslinging that people would think twice before engaging in were they identifiable, and this site is being used as a platform for mudslinging.

it's marinators.net, not local-football-bigwigs-anonymous-flamewar.net

it makes it hard to reconcile that in many cases they want to be taken seriously with providing information on one hand but on the other want to be able to use their anonymity as a platform for providing 'character assessments' with zero consequences personally or for their club.

i think if people want to provide information, it would help if they were clearly identifiable. they might ease up on the mudslinging then as well.

grendel

dibo said:

so many threads to do with CCF and CCL have all these single purpose aliases coming on and giving 'inside info' and often pretty harsh criticism of other (named) people around the CCF community. if people are willing to name names, they should put their own forward.

in many cases they're not participating in any discussions other than those to do with local football.

it irks me because often (though obviously not in this case) it degenerates into the sort of mudslinging that people would think twice before engaging in were they identifiable, and this site is being used as a platform for mudslinging.

it makes it hard to reconcile that in many cases they want to be taken seriously with providing information on one hand but on the other want to be able to use their anonymity as a platform for providing 'character assessments' with zero consequences personally or for their club.

i think if people want to provide information, it would help if they were clearly identifiable. they might ease up on the mudslinging then as well.

Given the syntax of most of the posts, I sometimes think they're also written by the same person, asking and answering questions of themself!

kevrenor

grendel said:
dibo said:

Given the syntax of most of the posts, I sometimes think they're also written by the same person, asking and answering questions of themself!

True, but mods and admin can see if that is the case usually and take action.

adz

Staff member
This one seems to be the most controversial board on the forum here. If I get any complaints I can easily shut this (board) down and you can go back to your shitty CCF site or wherever you used to have a go at each other before we came around.

CCF Chairman

Anyone that has a legitimate question about anything to do with Central Coast Football is more than welcome to post it on the "Ask CCF" thread where either myself, Greg Marsh or Kevin Gibbs have been happy to answer without the cloak of anonymity that is provided by a public forum.

Much of the "information" that is provided by posters is usually, at best, full of half-truths and biased viewpoints. There is no problem with that as everyone is entitled to a view and an opinion, as long as it isnt presented with some pretence of authority or official backing unless made by someone in a position of responsibility that is prepared to put their name to it.

I would hate to see this board closed down just because of the misuse by a minority. It is a worthwhile forum for debate, discussion and good natured banter, and also for an exchange of information based on fact not anonymous rumour.

Geoff Johnson
CCF Chairman

offtheball

dibo said:

Well explained!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred