• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Messi is the best!!!

serious14

El Clsico tonight.

_TEN_ pm kickoff in Spain.  All kinds of awesome.  ;D

P.S.  Couple of the pubs in town are showing it in 3D.  I'm intrigued.....

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
El Clsico tonight.

_TEN_ pm kickoff in Spain.  All kinds of awesome.  ;D

P.S.  Couple of the pubs in town are showing it in 3D.  I'm intrigued.....
I can't find anything about this game in the tv listings.......

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
Sky Sports 1, 9.30pm CET.   ;)
**** off !

;)

Can video call me if you want, I'll just point the phone at the screen.  Make sure you're wearing your 3D specs though.   :p

P.S.  Apparently ESPN has it??
Could be I'll have a look anyway.....sometimes the listings are not up to date.

I'm sure the last one was on live.

serious14

Continental Johnny Foreigners*

For what it's worth.....

Real Madrid  P30  Pts 77  GD 57
Barcelona    P30  Pts 77  GD 56

serious14

Xavi is the new Pirlo.  Messi is a World Cup away from Maradona 2.0 status.

Barca are nigh on unstoppable.  Beautiful to watch.

P.S.  Pep subbed off a defender when they were 2-0 up to put on Iniesta.  Love it.  ;D

midfielder

serious14 said:
Great performance and all, but you're not actually comparing Dukes to Messi......... are you??

No simply saying two great seasons don't make the greatest of all time or of his time... CR played well last year at Man U.. was player of the year...

Playing in a team like Baca means ball at your feet timing, other players create space for you  etc... Play for a team like Everton and see how he goes...

Remember I am in no way saying he cannot achieve greatness... but Dukes on that day against Liverpool was as good as as Messi against the gunners...

serious14

midfielder said:
serious14 said:
Great performance and all, but you're not actually comparing Dukes to Messi......... are you??

No simply saying two great seasons don't make the greatest of all time or of his time... CR played well last year at Man U.. was player of the year...

Messi was FIFA Player of the Year last year.....

I'm not having a dig at you here, so don't take this the wrong way, but what more does this guy (he's 22 ffs) have to do to prove that he really is the best of this type of player since Maradona??

He's replicated Maradona's goal against England (against Getafe), he's won the Champions League twice (scoring in a final with his head, which he never does), the Spanish League three times (soon to be four), the Spanish Cup, UEFA Super Cup, an Olympic Gold Medal (I consider myself beyond lucky that I witnessed his semi final destruction of Brazil in person).......

The only thing I can think of is the World Cup. I honestly think we should consider getting to watch him the way we can these days (with games shown live all over the world) a privilege and embrace it as much as possible.

Besides, it's hardly his fault he's in such a brilliant team..... but come on, 40 goals in 38 games - that's got to say something??  (and it's not as if this is the first season where he has torn teams apart)

Arab - oh of course, just say to Xavi (in your no-doubt amazing Spanish  :p ) "I want the ball here", pointing at your feet.  At which point you run through 5 defenders trying to hack your legs off, and then slot it past the keeper.  :tv:

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
midfielder said:
serious14 said:

Messi was FIFA Player of the Year last year.....

I'm not having a dig at you here, so don't take this the wrong way, but what more does this guy (he's 22 ffs) have to do to prove that he really is the best of this type of player since Maradona??

He's replicated Maradona's goal against England (against Getafe), he's won the Champions League twice (scoring in a final with his head, which he never does), the Spanish League three times (soon to be four), the Spanish Cup, UEFA Super Cup, an Olympic Gold Medal (I consider myself beyond lucky that I witnessed his semi final destruction of Brazil in person).......

The only thing I can think of is the World Cup. I honestly think we should consider getting to watch him the way we can these days (with games shown live all over the world) a privilege and embrace it as much as possible.

Besides, it's hardly his fault he's in such a brilliant team..... but come on, 40 goals in 38 games - that's got to say something??  (and it's not as if this is the first season where he has torn teams apart)

Arab - oh of course, just say to Xavi (in your no-doubt amazing Spanish  :p ) "I want the ball here", pointing at your feet.  At which point you run through 5 defenders trying to hack your legs off, and then slot it past the keeper.  :tv:
I think you could even grab a couple yourself Serious  ;D

But seriously I agree with all of the above.

It would be interesting to see how he went in an average EPL side though.......even though that's never going to happen.

EDIT: btw I want the job of fat lazy bastard striker who doesn't have to run much  ;)

Tap ins from 2 feet thank you very much !!

;D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami