Messi is the best!!!

serious14

Well-Known Member
El Clsico tonight.

_TEN_ pm kickoff in Spain.  All kinds of awesome.  ;D

P.S.  Couple of the pubs in town are showing it in 3D.  I'm intrigued.....
 

Arabmariner

New Member
serious14 said:
El Clsico tonight.

_TEN_ pm kickoff in Spain.  All kinds of awesome.  ;D

P.S.  Couple of the pubs in town are showing it in 3D.  I'm intrigued.....
I can't find anything about this game in the tv listings.......
 

Arabmariner

New Member
serious14 said:
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
Sky Sports 1, 9.30pm CET.   ;)
**** off !

;)
Can video call me if you want, I'll just point the phone at the screen.  Make sure you're wearing your 3D specs though.   :p

P.S.  Apparently ESPN has it??
Could be I'll have a look anyway.....sometimes the listings are not up to date.

I'm sure the last one was on live.
 

serious14

Well-Known Member
Continental Johnny Foreigners*

For what it's worth.....

Real Madrid  P30  Pts 77  GD 57
Barcelona    P30  Pts 77  GD 56
 

serious14

Well-Known Member
Xavi is the new Pirlo.  Messi is a World Cup away from Maradona 2.0 status.

Barca are nigh on unstoppable.  Beautiful to watch.

P.S.  Pep subbed off a defender when they were 2-0 up to put on Iniesta.  Love it.  ;D
 

midfielder

Well-Known Member
serious14 said:
Great performance and all, but you're not actually comparing Dukes to Messi......... are you??
No simply saying two great seasons don't make the greatest of all time or of his time... CR played well last year at Man U.. was player of the year...

Playing in a team like Baca means ball at your feet timing, other players create space for you  etc... Play for a team like Everton and see how he goes...

Remember I am in no way saying he cannot achieve greatness... but Dukes on that day against Liverpool was as good as as Messi against the gunners...
 

serious14

Well-Known Member
midfielder said:
serious14 said:
Great performance and all, but you're not actually comparing Dukes to Messi......... are you??
No simply saying two great seasons don't make the greatest of all time or of his time... CR played well last year at Man U.. was player of the year...
Messi was FIFA Player of the Year last year.....

I'm not having a dig at you here, so don't take this the wrong way, but what more does this guy (he's 22 ffs) have to do to prove that he really is the best of this type of player since Maradona??

He's replicated Maradona's goal against England (against Getafe), he's won the Champions League twice (scoring in a final with his head, which he never does), the Spanish League three times (soon to be four), the Spanish Cup, UEFA Super Cup, an Olympic Gold Medal (I consider myself beyond lucky that I witnessed his semi final destruction of Brazil in person).......

The only thing I can think of is the World Cup. I honestly think we should consider getting to watch him the way we can these days (with games shown live all over the world) a privilege and embrace it as much as possible.

Besides, it's hardly his fault he's in such a brilliant team..... but come on, 40 goals in 38 games - that's got to say something??  (and it's not as if this is the first season where he has torn teams apart)


Arab - oh of course, just say to Xavi (in your no-doubt amazing Spanish  :p ) "I want the ball here", pointing at your feet.  At which point you run through 5 defenders trying to hack your legs off, and then slot it past the keeper.  :tv:
 

Arabmariner

New Member
serious14 said:
midfielder said:
serious14 said:
Great performance and all, but you're not actually comparing Dukes to Messi......... are you??
No simply saying two great seasons don't make the greatest of all time or of his time... CR played well last year at Man U.. was player of the year...
Messi was FIFA Player of the Year last year.....

I'm not having a dig at you here, so don't take this the wrong way, but what more does this guy (he's 22 ffs) have to do to prove that he really is the best of this type of player since Maradona??

He's replicated Maradona's goal against England (against Getafe), he's won the Champions League twice (scoring in a final with his head, which he never does), the Spanish League three times (soon to be four), the Spanish Cup, UEFA Super Cup, an Olympic Gold Medal (I consider myself beyond lucky that I witnessed his semi final destruction of Brazil in person).......

The only thing I can think of is the World Cup. I honestly think we should consider getting to watch him the way we can these days (with games shown live all over the world) a privilege and embrace it as much as possible.

Besides, it's hardly his fault he's in such a brilliant team..... but come on, 40 goals in 38 games - that's got to say something??  (and it's not as if this is the first season where he has torn teams apart)


Arab - oh of course, just say to Xavi (in your no-doubt amazing Spanish  :p ) "I want the ball here", pointing at your feet.  At which point you run through 5 defenders trying to hack your legs off, and then slot it past the keeper.  :tv:
I think you could even grab a couple yourself Serious  ;D

But seriously I agree with all of the above.

It would be interesting to see how he went in an average EPL side though.......even though that's never going to happen.

EDIT: btw I want the job of fat lazy bastard striker who doesn't have to run much  ;)

Tap ins from 2 feet thank you very much !!

;D
 
Top