• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Media and Beinda Neal incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvsoccer

We have heard a lot of talk on TV and read a lot in the papers and I think it is time to get some response from the CCF.

Many aspects concern me in this matter.

1) Most important it is bringing our sport into disrepute.
2) Secondly a judiciary matter has been openly discussed by people from both clubs. My recollection from many years ago was that these were not to be discussed with the media. If this is the case will both the Umina coach and the lady from the Entrance be held to account for breaching CCF rules.
3) Was Ms Neale brought before judiciary or was she made an offer as seems to be the case these days.
4) The Entrance player said on ACA tonight that she took ball cleanly but then admitted she hit Neale with a sliding tackle. Why was she not sent off?
5) Obviously by the suspension of only two weeks the referee's report was not too harsh. If that was the case is the Entrance player not making money, estimates range up to $20,000, for nothing out of the media frenzy over Ms Neale and her husband?
6) The Entrance player made much out in the papers and on TV that she thought she would suffer long term damage to her ankle and yet on TV was shown to be juggling and kicking a ball quite easily. Do not blame a young mum for wanting to make a quick quid out of the media but.....
7) Who disclosed this matter to the media?
8) How did the media know what Entrance  player to approach and where she lived or could be contacted?

Not trying to condemn anyone but something seems a bit strange.

masmariner

This is what concerns me.
1. There is a media ban by CCF so I wouldn't like to think what might happen to the Entrance club now.
2. The Entrance player aggrevied by Ms neal never worried about the issue until after the Iguanagate incident.
3. The Entrance player might need the $20K or a lot more for defamation proceeding's.
4. This is a hell of a beat up over a send off let's be fair dinkum.
5. Look at who's on the board of the mariners
Board of Directors
President - Ian Kiernan, AO, OAM
Executive Chairman - Lyall Gorman
Deputy Chairman - Peter Turnbull
Director - Ray Awadallah (owns Iguana's)
Director - Mike Conway
Director - Bob Graham
Director - Belinda Neal
Director - Alan Williams
5. Keep blatant politics out of sport, it is not a good look for sport in general or football.

dibo

we don't need yet another thread discussing this, and this really adds nothing to those. see the other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred