• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matt Crowell

Alty_Fuertes

Hello to you all!

I'm a fan of Altrincham FC in England, i.e. Matt Crowell's previous club, and was just wondering what was going on with him.

There are a few rumours that we might try to re-sign him, but it doesn't seem clear whether he's still under contract with you lot or whether he's been released. Do any of you know about his situation?

Oh, and has he played well in his time with you? We were disappointed when he left, but weren't sure how he'd get on in what appears to be a higher standard of football (even if an extremely fat/slow imitation of Robbie Fowler makes a living there  ;D).

bulldogmariner

He has been released or should i say no resigned. Was hardly sighted in first team and struggled to make an impact. He was in a poor performing team and he played more youth football than senior football.

Alty_Fuertes

bulldogmariner said:
He has been released or should i say no resigned. Was hardly sighted in first team and struggled to make an impact. He was in a poor performing team and he played more youth football than senior football.

Cheers for replying mate.

Really? Did he and the manager have a falling out or something? I'd have thought that he's exactly the kind of player you'd need if you were struggling. Aggressive, combative, hard-working. He did very well for Northwich the year they were relegated despite everyone around him playing abysmally.

Any clue on what he's doing now? Staying down under to look for a club? Coming back to the UK?

bulldogmariner

Alty_Fuertes said:
bulldogmariner said:

Cheers for replying mate.

Really? Did he and the manager have a falling out or something? I'd have thought that he's exactly the kind of player you'd need if you were struggling. Aggressive, combative, hard-working. He did very well for Northwich the year they were relegated despite everyone around him playing abysmally.

Any clue on what he's doing now? Staying down under to look for a club? Coming back to the UK?

Don't take this as gospel but I believe he returned to the UK. No he didn't have a falling out with the manager he just wasn't good enough for our league. Some players from UK believe this is a soft league however some players just don't make it. I think the heat was a factor and he struggled as did Nicky Travis from Sheffield United. When he played first team he was used all over the shop and never got a run in the first team. Also we have Maltese international John Hutchinson who plays in his position and is the vice captain of the team and was one of the first men picked by the former manager.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred