• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 8 - The Simpsons vs The Smurfs

Start Garang?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Melange

A few thoughts:
- Steele deserves MoM just for his f**k you to Grant
- HALL!!!!
- Beni looked ok when he shook hands as he came off but I did notice he sat alone. I don't read too much into it based on his genuine joy when we score and his efforts to draw everyone into the celebrations including the bench players warming up nearby.
I also thought he got better as the game went on and showed glimpses of last season, I wonder if those at the ground agree, but his slow starts are a concern.
- Kuzevs awesome
- Ref definitely started favouring Sydney in the last 20. The foul just outside the box, he was almost blowing his whistle before the foul he was so keen to anticipate it.
- I think we're a bit like last season, went off the boil badly when Covid stuffed up the regularity of games. Hopefully like last season we go from strength to strength with a regular schedule
- that young fella Kuol looks the goods
- looks like Cumdingo and Tulio are starting to gel... noice
- Sammy would be nearing season legend status if he'd taken that chance

Melange

A few thoughts:
- HALL!!!!
- Beni looked ok when he shook hands as he came off but I did notice he sat alone. I don't read too much into it based on his genuine joy when we score and his efforts to draw everyone into the celebrations including the bench players warming up nearby.
I also thought he got better as the game went on and showed glimpses of last season, I wonder if those at the ground agree, but his slow starts are a concern.
- Kuzevs awesome
- Ref definitely started favouring Sydney in the last 20. The foul just outside the box, he was almost blowing his whistle before the foul he was so keen to anticipate it.
- I think we're a bit like last season, went off the boil badly when Covid stuffed up the regularity of games. Hopefully like last season we go from strength to strength with a regular schedule

One last thought, I could have sworn I was putting all that on the right thread but while I'm here.. Townsend - time to go

Wombat

I thought he let a lot go but was consistent for about 70 minutes and then drastically changed in SFC’s favour. There was nothing we did to change that perception in my opinion and to be honest if anything the way Brattan carry’s on about everything he should have been influenced against them. Not picking up those late fouls was very poor form and I was fearful when the VAR was in his ear as it looked like he wanted to give a red and I bet it wasn’t going to be to a SFC player.
100% looked like a complete APL stooge in the last 20 mins. Blocks a clearance with his head and gives a free kick against us....that was weird!
100% he looked like he was on the Sydney payroll.

Tevor

A few thoughts:
- HALL!!!!
- Kuzevs awesome
On Beni I feel he might be frustrated with himself more than anything. On the replay I watched he had a better game than I thought. Also on Faz I feel he might be coping a bit too much stick, he marked Lolley which was the hardest job to do all game and Lolley didn’t score so success. A couple of times Lolley had to take an extra touch to try and get rid of him but the lad stuck with him.

Corsair

On Beni I feel he might be frustrated with himself more than anything. On the replay I watched he had a better game than I thought. Also on Faz I feel he might be coping a bit too much stick, he marked Lolley which was the hardest job to do all game and Lolley didn’t score so success. A couple of times Lolley had to take an extra touch to try and get rid of him but the lad stuck with him.
I agree people have very high expectations of him, I thought he had a decent game in difficult conditions. I reckon he'll improve as the season goes on and he gels with the new players.

Last edited:

Big Dog

I noticed a couple of times in the first half both Monty and Sergio had plenty to say to Beni. Then at half time they had words to him again and he clearly wasn't happy about it as he headed down the tunnel. I was surprised he wasn't subbed at half time based on that. He does seem to be a bit flat atm

Tevor

I noticed a couple of times in the first half both Monty and Sergio had plenty to say to Beni. Then at half time they had words to him again and he clearly wasn't happy about it as he headed down the tunnel. I was surprised he wasn't subbed at half time based on that. He does seem to be a bit flat atm
Thanks, didn't see or realise that happened.

scottmac

Suspended
I should add well done for everyone not taking the bait. A few people submitted post reports which is good. Just hit the report link and I'll get a notification that will take me direct to whatever post.
I apologise to all for my behaviour. I do have a problem and I will remove myself for everyone's benefit until a time that it doesn't impact the community here. I'm sorry again.

BaysideMariner

I apologise to all for my behaviour. I do have a problem and I will remove myself for everyone's benefit until a time that it doesn't impact the community here. I'm sorry again.

No need to leave. You've said your piece and owned it. Move on and participate in the community.

Reactions: adz

Ancient Mariner

Appreciated.

We all have our problems and the first step to fixing them is to recognise them.
Well done. A big first step.
Please don't follow the path of John Bonham and Keith Moon.

We all lash out occasionally. Stay with us, keep contributing and keep on drumming.

Ozhammer

Good on you for owning this mate, I thought your posts were somewhat out of character on the night but there were others posting some pretty unsavoury vitriol and have done so on other occasions, so that shit needs to be dialled right back for mine.

Personally I come on here to read others thoughts and post my own when I feel I have something meaningful to add and will always be as respectful as I can to other forumites. Now is not the time for fans to be eating each other, as our game is in jeopardy of going backwards at a time when it should have been taking big strides forward.

Look after yourself buddy and hope you come come back stronger and more aware of your actions but whatever you do, please don’t leave this community.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb