• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs France 98?

shipwreck

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/global/off-the-pitch-108326/

After attracting David Beckham to Sydney last year the harbour city will soon be graced by the presence of another football superstar.

:: Guess whos coming to town? If you were one of the many who sighed when the press confirmed Zinedine Zidane was not going to be making an appearance last November alongside his golden mate Mr Posh Spice, nows the time to jump up and down with glee.

TWG can reveal EXCLUSIVELY that the sensational Frenchman is headed back to Australia on May 31 - after the France 98 squad is reassembled for two benefit matches in Tahiti and New Caledonia.

The World and European champion and three-times World Footballer of the Year will be hitting our shores for three days and he may be bringing some of his friends along as well.

Zidane last laced up his boots in Australia in November 2001 and will do so once again in a charity match - with Sydney FC and Central Coast Mariners touted as possible opponents.

Zizou will also conduct a football clinic for the luckiest bunch of kids in the country.

WOW that would be massive, some big names in that team.
Count me in, but would they really play it at Bluetongue? i think not.

shipwreck

Definitely be in Sydney, im guessing because we are premiers are name got thrown in the ring? But to be brutally honest, i really cant see it being against anyone but Sydney unfortunately :(

Andy

shipwreck said:
Definitely be in Sydney, im guessing because we are premiers are name got thrown in the ring? But to be brutally honest, i really cant see it being against anyone but Sydney unfortunately :(

Exactly!

bikinigirl

. this is probably the big crowd ja was talking about playing in front of

. followed by lawrie & lyall showing zizou around the central coast .... maybe picking up a guest keeper  :piralaugh:

Tez

omg this is massive! 
will be unlikely we are going to get to play them tho :(
stupid Sydney!

still cant wait to see him play! :D

Jesus

Jesus
As long as he does the head butt against anyone from bling

Not a chance we will play in it. These wiull always be sydney til they get some decent crowds, then a possibility of qld or melb

Omni

The game will be against Sydney if it happens, even though they don't deserve it and will proceed to embarass the A-League.

skilbeck

i dont think it should be the FFA's right to assign the game to a given team, I reckon that it should be up to the clubs to convince the touring side to come and play them. but whoever it is it will need to be played at a 80k+ stadium. But id rather Melbourne played them than s**tney

graaant

You're forgetting the age of the 98 players now.
Even though it was a great squad, they're getting old and slowing down considerably, scores of them are retired now aswell.
CCM could give an exciting match to watch against them.

Gav...

i reckon it would be great if the mariners played them but i dont think they will but the ffa will always choose the glamour club to play those types of teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred