• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners to move or not ?

MrCelery

Don't forget that SBS are in bed with South Melbourne Hellas. I think the club will fold before going to another location. I seriously doubt FFA would accept any proposal to move them. And certainly would not accept a mono-cultural 'old NSL' club. The only likely location would be Canberra, but there are no noises coming from there since their last bid was soundly rejected.

Trust SBS to try and piss on our parade. :fireup:

Roy Law

A lot more good and positive things were said in this article than the headline suggests.
Charlesworth knew what he was buying; like Turnbull he knows it isn't healthy for the club for him to be the sole owner.
He has more income next season from the FFA because of the improved Fox deal; there will be money from the sale of Ibini and Sainsbury, and although off contract, there will be some compensation fee for Ryan.
David Gallop, one of the strongest administrators in sport in Australian, says no to the idea of relocating.
And Charlesworth also adds "I feel we have lost touch a little with our core supporters over the last few years. We want to reconnect with them and make the local people feel a part of the Mariners again."
and
“ I think participation fees are far too high for kids some of whom are being priced out of the game because they can’t afford it. That has to be wrong"
Hardly the words of a bloke who is about to relocate the club.

bikinigirl

. yeah the message seems to be a bit clearer in this article ... so either charlesworth is choosing his words better or the reporting is less ... umm ... selective than previous articles

. timing is probably a bit better to give people a little scare about what could be lost ... and hopefully some of those individuals who were too non-committal can start to invest. this includes fans 'investing' themselves in the club ... another 5,000 members would help to fill the breach and give charlesworth a bit of encouragement to pick up any shortfall ;)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
fkn SBS...what a mob of miserable fkn wankers...couldnt they wait a week or two...think i'll tweet fossie and tear him a new one...may take a couple I dont think i can hold my contempt to 150 characters

Gratis

i was just thinking to myself earlier today that sbs used to be the flagbearers for football in Aus, but now they're just a bunch of negative shiits.

Charlesworth is putting forth a case and setting up leverage fairly standard play really. the financials will work out in time, especially with the new fox deal coming and the revenue from CoE eventually. i'm more concerned about our on field results over the next couple of years with the changes ahead. shame Poppa didn't hold off a couple of years and take over from Arnie instead!

midfielder

My contempt for the Sour Bitter Shits increases ....

What does disappoint is many CC folk talk of the Mariners but never come to matches its like we're nice to have.

Next year with six derby matches and new years eve and crowds should increase and maybe the weather Gods could be kinder to us... hopefully shutting some of those people up...

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
indeed midfielder, I met a stack of people at the bus sendoff that had never been to a game...I was stunned, I didnt know whether to be happy they were there or ask 'em what took 'em

Reactions: adz

bikinigirl

. to tie these two themes together ... sbs have always done us a huge disservice. many on the coast only have access to fta (ie. no fox) and so if they tune into the 'home of football' the message is never encouraging for any potential mariners fan

. if you were, say a rugby fan inspired to watch the world game after hearing your small local club demolished a big city team and all you heard about was how crap sydney/melbourne were and that the league needs to improve ... you could perhaps be excused for taking away that the message is that we can only win by default. because the experts don't even rate us a mention

. okay so that is a pretty poor excuse but it could be used as a compelling argument for the uninitiated. i was hoping sbs may start to look upon things a little brighter now they have some tv rights but i have seen no improvement (and their coverage of the last - their first - socceroos game was a mess)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred