• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Wombat

LOL.
Dibo would be horrified by your spelling but good post.
BTW what is this stuff about his Sister?

Forum Phoenix

People can critique his ability but why does Austin trigger so much anger in people? Because he left spooning TW for an offer from Victory.

Wombats right that he was more effective than TBT or Appiah, but we need players of higher technical ability I think. Interesting though if Mulvey is serious.

Last edited:

pjennings

Another one coming back from an ACL injury. Must be a way to get people cheap and hope it doesn't re-occur.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

People can critique his ability but why does Austin trigger so much anger in people? Because he left spooning TW for an offer from Victory.

Wombats righ that he was more effective than TBT or Appiah, but we need players of higher technical ability I think. Interesting though if Mulvey is serious.
Being an absolute gutless C probably has a bit to do with it

greenlig

Can't help but feel the panic attack episode made a lot of "tough c**t take a teaspoon of concrete" people go from being pissed he left, to hating him. Not a huge fan of that, despite how much of a cock he seems to be.

Big Al

Saw a comment on Twitter about him being called a snake.
Someone responded and said are all players who leave CCM snakes.
Well yes unless they go overseas :D

Interesting that we may have a perseption as a fan group of getting the shits with everyone who leaves.

I remember Rogic coping alot of crap for not coming to us when went to Victory.
Maybe we are to harsh or maybe just loyal and looking for some repayment. Our beliefs are unfortunately not matched with quality or money on offer by the club and they all get the shits with our crap squads and leave at any opportunity with somw even pushing the club to get out.
That said the explayers you see still making comments about the club are the ones who were successful here. The rest are never heard from again.

Kekeris has more skill than Austin.
No more ACL recoveries or just straight speed merchants with no skill

Gratis

Austin: hard pass.

One trick pony easily shut down by the opposition putting a second man on him. Game, set, match.

Forum Phoenix

Being an absolute gutless C probably has a bit to do with it
Did he really play for us like he was gutless? Watched every game and just don’t remember seeing it. MV obviously didn’t think so and he got a lot of wraps on him that year.

I remember thinking we’re just so bad that everyone pretty much hates everyone except Monty right now, who was STELLAR.

bikinigirl

Wombats right that he was more effective than TBT or Appiah, but we need players of higher technical ability I think. Interesting though if Mulvey is serious.

. my recollections may be wrong ... but i thought the anger was because he was still under contract but asked for a release

. this made people angry after we had plucked him from obscurity to give him a chance and he then couldn't wait to take advantage of our softness on contracts to go to our opposition ... effectively a free transfer to another team in the league while under contract and at a time when people saw him as one of the shining lights in an horrendously shit season (and another example of the ineffectiveness of our moneyball approach)

marinermick

If we’re genuinely interested in bringing that wanker back it goes the complete opposite direction of what Mulvey is doing, astute signings that will fight for us and then sign a bloke who walked out on us as quick as he can sprint?
Ludacris rumour.
He can’t even handle an abc morning show interview, how can he handle helping get our club back to its roots?

Austin needs to keep focusing on weird regular selfies with his sister and beating 12 year olds on FIFA.

Geeze this has triggered me.

Agree with everything except harsh with the morning interview dig.

nebakke

For mine, the anger and frustration was that we gave him a chance when he was stuck in a middling English league worth little interest from anyone. We took a chance hoping that he was better and just nobody else saw it.
Then he repays that by turning around and running to Victory at first opportunity. It's poor form even in modern football.

Reactions: adz

pjennings

Did he really play for us like he was gutless? Watched every game and just don’t remember seeing it. MV obviously didn’t think so and he got a lot of wraps on him that year.

I remember thinking we’re just so bad that everyone pretty much hates everyone except Monty right now, who was STELLAR.
I didn't think he was that good. He had one stand out game (half) against Victory in Geelong. As others have said - a one-trick pony that was quickly figured out. The same could be said for our team last season. Once people had played us once they pretty well knew how to make us toothless. All except SFC.

Ozhammer

LOL.
Dibo would be horrified by your spelling but good post.
BTW what is this stuff about his Sister?
Well allegedly the story is that he called Musc**t to say he couldn’t make training one day because he was sick. When Musc**t asked him how sick he was, he allegedly replied “well I’m in bed with my sister”........

I’ll get my coat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami