• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Michael

With the squad put together we should expect top 4 at the very least top 6 (which is stupid enough)
But there is definitely a few variables that come into play for us...

Will the boys with long and current injury concerns get fit and find form and even stay fit? We have strong enough depth now, but that could fall apart fairly quickly.
Will we remain consistent enough?
Will certain players spit the dummy when they don’t start or play enough as they think and upset the morale?

Strongest overall squad in 4 years and the absolute most optimistic we should all be heading into a season. The potential in the squad is honestly mouth watering. If Tommy O gets back into Socceroos form (most exciting prospect for me), if Ross continues his Melb City form, if the young boys develop nicely, if Corey and Aspro deliver on their long awaited potential, once fit. If Murray makes the step up.

Big Al

On the commentary the other night they mentioned Rowles excelling after coming back from the Aussie under 23’s and that he is pushing hard to be the Starting CB next to Cisse. It’s his natural position and would put Aspro and Golec in as our back up CB’s which is probably not bad coming off those injuries.
I would like Golec over Rowles myself based on last year but we are a club who gives youth a crack so I’m not unhappy.

Golec can also backup as LB behind Clisby as well.

Our defence has conceded a few goals in preseason which is a worry but like the rest of the team it has flexibility when everyone is fit and making the bench will not be easy this year.

This team would benefit from extended benches as in the past seasons the bench was ordinary

Wombat

On the commentary the other night they mentioned Rowles excelling after coming back from the Aussie under 23’s and that he is pushing hard to be the Starting CB next to Cisse. It’s his natural position and would put Aspro and Golec in as our back up CB’s which is probably not bad coming off those injuries.
I would like Golec over Rowles myself based on last year but we are a club who gives youth a crack so I’m not unhappy.

Golec can also backup as LB behind Clisby as well.

Our defence has conceded a few goals in preseason which is a worry but like the rest of the team it has flexibility when everyone is fit and making the bench will not be easy this year.

This team would benefit from extended benches as in the past seasons the bench was ordinary

I think Golec and Aspro are in front of Rowles at this stage of his career but i do rate him as a good prospect.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Agreed Wombat, mind you Kye had a few good moments last year in that torrent of shite...if he keeps his head he will do real good

Antlion

Some words from Cisse. Bit of a worry he was going to retire before the call
From Mulvey.

‘Seemed perfect’: Call that saved A-League star from retirement
https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...s/news-story/807bd37f991acfec08a348e3c1dcce58
“It’s easy for me to say we (the Mariners) are going to do better than last year - because they finished bottom! But our target is to be at least in the top six. I think it’s not too arrogant to think that. Then from there, we will see. That’s our first target. When you see the quality of Oar, McCormack, McGlinchey, Simon, O’Neill, we have a decent team.” he adds.

Tevor

Any update on O'Neill?

Didn't feature again this weekend.
You would have to assume he will have very little involvement in round 1 considering over those last two pre season games pretty much everybody who was fully fit put some minutes into their legs.

Offsider

Loving the new ccm now that the mc situation is clear ........... but............. not over confident. A target of more goals, looking like we could win and success for the npl recruits will do this weirdo blowin this season.

Not sure that there are going to be many three pointers early as it seems we are not as strong in defense as we should have been with aspro,golec and o’neill’s injuries still not settled or needing time. When they are all fit it will make a huge difference. Mm saying he believed tthe best defence was attack waylayed my hope that we would cover with a bus and attack on the break making every game a lottery in our favour.
Still ............. it will be excellent viewing watching the absence of hoole taking the cnr kicks with proper skill being provided by Clisby and Mc C on the frees with oar in the pecking order. Hoping without the added responsability of cnr duty hoole can concentrate on playing in team mates and getting on the end of Oar’s and Clisby’s crosses.

My tipping algorythymny thingy likes all home team wins for the first week with a possible draw in adelaide.......... also +21/2 goals in all games. Even pheonix over jets taking into account travel.

Also hoping the use of var will curtail the systematic abuse of professional fouls this season and make the contests about football skill not blatant physicality abuse. Harper will be disappointed he loves nothing better than a good well timed leg breaking challenge. The added camera angles will also make it harder to get away with cheating shit. It almost looks like most coaches are going for attack as the professional foul attack stopper may be a thing of the past with an investment in #10 skills seeming to be popular........... one can only hope.

Today’s monday :headbutt:........... four to go.:popcorn:

Last edited:

Wombat

Some words from Cisse. Bit of a worry he was going to retire before the call
From Mulvey.

‘Seemed perfect’: Call that saved A-League star from retirement
https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...s/news-story/807bd37f991acfec08a348e3c1dcce58

Interesting that the Thai league is rated a higher standard than HAL according to FIFA and he was pretty good over there. He reminds me of Topor -Stanley but with more pace. Not very cultured but a hard bastard not easy to beat.

Last edited:

MagpieMariner

Interesting that the Thai league is rated a higher standard that HAL according to FIFA and he was pretty good over there. He reminds me off Topor-Stanley but with more pace. Not very cultured but a hard bastard not easy to beat.
Always knew when the Hyphenator was against you, you'd have to work bloody hard to get past.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb