• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Yoda

Clisby was LB. MacDonald was LW.
Clisby was the left Centre Back all game. Rowles played left full back first half and Golec played left full back second half. Rowles moved to Right Centre Back at half time when McGing went off.

Wombat

I think you are right. Didnt get to watch the backs very much and couldn't really see the far side in the 1st half. I do remember Clisby running from CB possie to take the corners in the 2nd half.

Offsider

They went well.
Adamstown were shit but we were excellent.
McDonald (scored 2) and Miller are good players. Miller is a real overlapping fullback, needs to tighten his defence when they have the ball but excellent debut. RB may now be solved?
O'Neill....what a player!!! Him and Tom were superb.
Melling played the best i've seen him play, he came on for Tom at half time.
Back 4 still not perfect but great to see Golec play 45min (or 44 coz the ref was cold). Clisby is soooooooooooooooo much better than Roux. Rowles was good.
McGlinchey was very good and to see him,O'Neill and Tom dancing around was beautiful at times.
Pain played much more centrally and was very good, having the more technical players around him saw him lift his game to their level.
Matt Simon is such a good player now and a real leader....technically he has improved immensely.
The new Apia boy looks lively.

Made my heart sing to see the boys playing good and confident Football after the shite Moss/Tony/Okon served up. I know it was against a average side but its the first time ive been happy after a trial game at pluim for a long time.

They had four regular first team players ..... the rest were from u17’s.

Nothing to get excited about yet.

Cudos to mm for the easy entry learning curve to new players and systems.

Coastalraider

Media reports today have AFL who was on our rumours list for yonks as going to SFC.

Yeah - that hurts.

Its like we do all the homework to try and get these guys interested in Australia - then the big clubs realise there is interest and swing in late with an offer from a big club.

Didn't it happen last year with a goal keeper that ended up warming the bench at FC??

I really hope we get the contract sorted with O'Niell - if he played as well as everyone said last night, the sharks will come circling...

scoober

Yeah - that hurts.

Its like we do all the homework to try and get these guys interested in Australia - then the big clubs realise there is interest and swing in late with an offer from a big club.

Didn't it happen last year with a goal keeper that ended up warming the bench at FC??

I really hope we get the contract sorted with O'Niell - if he played as well as everyone said last night, the sharks will come circling...
His loan clearance came through just before the game last night according to Shaun. If it didn’t come through he was not allowed to play

Ozhammer

Yeah - that hurts.

O’Neil is a done deal, the club is just waiting for his international clearance to be processed. MMM said we have made offers for a number of players that haven’t been accepted for whatever reasons but the club is certainly trying hard to finalise the roster. Not sure I see the logic of bringing in another CB when we already have so many already able to play in that position but MMM must have his reasons for that.

sydmariner

Yeah - that hurts.

That was Tom Hewerd-Bell the season before last, He left to continue his studies but a few weeks later he turned up for sfc

pjennings

OZ Transfer Market reporting

Bolton Wanderers forward Adam Le Fondre is expected to sign with Sydney FC after the English club confirmed they had allowed the player to seek an overseas opportunity. [Bolton News]

They also had O'Neill to Sydney. I hope they are wrong again.

localpom

OZ Transfer Market reporting

Bolton Wanderers forward Adam Le Fondre is expected to sign with Sydney FC after the English club confirmed they had allowed the player to seek an overseas opportunity. [Bolton News]

They also had O'Neill to Sydney. I hope they are wrong again.
Would be great (awesome actually) if we got both. Seems like Sydney have the upper hand on ADF though. :(

localpom

O’Neil is a done deal, the club is just waiting for his international clearance to be processed. MMM said we have made offers for a number of players that haven’t been accepted for whatever reasons but the club is certainly trying hard to finalise the roster. Not sure I see the logic of bringing in another CB when we already have so many already able to play in that position but MMM must have his reasons for that.
I think the CB must be a cover as there are injury clouds over 3.....Aspro, Golec and Cisse. I would expect all 3 to come good but Aspro maybe not till round 4 or 5 and will need game time to get match fit.

Forum Phoenix

Hmmm,

Given he seems set on a 352 and his true CB's are Cisse, Golec, Aspro, McGing, Rowles, maybe wants two for each possy? Might be worried about losing players; Golec and Aspro returning from serious injury and Cisse due to age the most likely to got out with injury? If we lost them we'd be in trouble and lacking experience. Also Mc Ging has yet to bathe himself in glory as a CB, nor has Rowles, though I like him.

Forum Phoenix

I think the CB must be a cover as there are injury clouds over 3.....Aspro, Golec and Cisse. I would expect all 3 to come good but Aspro maybe not till round 4 or 5 and will need game time to get match fit.

Yeah. Hadn't read that yet. I think this has to be right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami