• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Michael

Wow! Nice surprise. Wish I went now, the O’Neil pick up cannot be understated. He is a very very good player.
What DDS could be.
All about the mentality.

Wombat

Any interesting trialists in the game tonight?
And how’d the boys go? Formation etc

They went well.
Adamstown were shit but we were excellent.
McDonald (scored 2) and Miller are good players. Miller is a real overlapping fullback, needs to tighten his defence when they have the ball but excellent debut. RB may now be solved?
O'Neill....what a player!!! Him and Tom were superb.
Melling played the best i've seen him play, he came on for Tom at half time.
Back 4 still not perfect but great to see Golec play 45min (or 44 coz the ref was cold). Clisby is soooooooooooooooo much better than Roux. Rowles was good.
McGlinchey was very good and to see him,O'Neill and Tom dancing around was beautiful at times.
Pain played much more centrally and was very good, having the more technical players around him saw him lift his game to their level.
Matt Simon is such a good player now and a real leader....technically he has improved immensely.
The new Apia boy looks lively.

Made my heart sing to see the boys playing good and confident Football after the shite Moss/Tony/Okon served up. I know it was against a average side but its the first time ive been happy after a trial game at pluim for a long time.

Michael

They went well.
McDonald (scored 2) and Miller are good players. Miller is a real overlapping fullback, needs to tighten his defence when they have the ball but excellent debut. RB may now be solved?
Back 4 still not perfect but great to see Golec play 45min (or 44 coz the ref was cold). Clisby is soooooooooooooooo much better than Roux. Rowles was good.
McGlinchey was very good and to see him,O'Neill and Tom dancing around was beautiful at times.
Pain played much more centrally and was very good, having the more techical players around him saw him lift his game to their level.
Matt Simon is such a good player now and a real leader....techically he has improved immensely.

Made my heart sing to see the boys playing good and confident Football after the shite Moss/Tony/Okon served up. I know it was against a average side but its the first time ive been happy after a trial game at plium for a long time.

Nice report mate, brings a smile.
Yeah a very average NPL side, but sounds like the boys dominated as you’d expect. Be worrying if it was only 1-0 or something.

O’Neil with Tommy in the middle will do wonders for us. I was a massive Brama fan because of his elligence on the ball and pure technique. But he wasn’t a box to box mid. We now have two very technical, intelligent and extremely fit CM’s. With mikeys decent playmaking. It brings hope at this early stage. And it’s great news Golec is already getting minutes. Glad MacDonald grabbed a couple too, I really like him as a player. Have really only seen Murrays goal scoring and not too much of his general play, but have decent expectations of him.

But then I think about the real possibility of Bolt in the team....

Wombat

Bolt's here for the Photos and to put bums on seats.

BTW O'Neill is a better player than Brama from what i saw tonight....on many levels.

Wombat

Nice report mate, brings a smile.
Yeah a very average NPL side, but sounds like the boys dominated as you’d expect. Be worrying if it was only 1-0 or something.

O’Neil with Tommy in the middle will do wonders for us. I was a massive Brama fan because of his elligence on the ball and pure technique. But he wasn’t a box to box mid. We now have two very technical, intelligent and extremely fit CM’s. With mikeys decent playmaking. It brings hope at this early stage. And it’s great news Golec is already getting minutes. Glad MacDonald grabbed a couple too, I really like him as a player. Have really only seen Murrays goal scoring and not too much of his general play, but have decent expectations of him.

But then I think about the real possibility of Bolt in the team....

Really we could have had 10 although both of their keepers let in a howler each. I think they has 1 shot all game.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
They went well.
Pain played much more centrally and was very good, having the more technical players around him saw him lift his game to their level.
Matt Simon is such a good player now and a real leader....technically he has improved immensely.

Made my heart sing to see the boys playing good and confident Football after the shite Moss/Tony/Okon served up. I know it was against a average side but its the first time ive been happy after a trial game at pluim for a long time.
Indeed how good was ONeill ..Fark moi

greenlig

Geeze now I'm excited. Last night I dreamt I was at the game with Wombat, he was getting mad that the snags in bread were cold, and all they had was mustard. Omen or vision?

Josho Howe

The formation was a bit strange l thought. When we didn't have the ball we'd have 4 and even 5 at the back and when we had possession that would become a 3 at the back with the fullbacks going forward to create width. Adelaide's width is what killed us in the FFA Cup so l think we've worked on that aspect of our game. All of the new boys showed some good things. While it's nice to get a big win over weak opposition, l am keen to see how we do against a fellow A-League side. Hopefully we have a couple of games against another league side before round 1.

Forum Phoenix

They went well.

Love this post.

Did not agree with the negativity at all about re signing Matty and weemac,

Matty has improved a lot technically over the past 3 years and he’s always had heart and athletic ability in spades.

Weemac... form is temporary, class is permanent.

Looking forward to taking on the scum.

I don’t think this side or this coach would ever lose 8 zip to the jest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred