• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

turbo

the Peil interview where he said one of the “KPIs” of his ownership deal was selling $800k worth of players every year.
Seems unlikely on a regular basis. Also won’t happen if we don’t have the right experienced senior players in the team to steady the ship and bring out their best. IMO Kye’s move doesn’t happen without Tongyik and Hall standing up in the last 2 seasons. He would still deserve it but wouldn’t be seen in the same light. I don’t think we’ve struck a great balance so far.

Tim

For the less experienced of us with football transfers, what does that mean? $800k in total salaries sold (ie 4 players at $200k per season) or raising $800k in fees from transfers (with a players salary irrelevant)? If the latter that seems ambitious unless guys like Kye Rowles generate decent transfer fees. Would that include future fees for any players that have already transferred out of the club but for which we receive a further fee if they transfer to different club in the future? Perhaps I’m over-complicating things but would love to have a better understanding of these things (in 25 words or less of course :)), cheers

FFC Mariner

For the less experienced of us with football transfers, what does that mean? $800k in total salaries sold (ie 4 players at $200k per season) or raising $800k in fees from transfers (with a players salary irrelevant)? If the latter that seems ambitious unless guys like Kye Rowles generate decent transfer fees. Would that include future fees for any players that have already transferred out of the club but for which we receive a further fee if they transfer to different club in the future? Perhaps I’m over-complicating things but would love to have a better understanding of these things (in 25 words or less of course :)), cheers
That is the revenue raised. The buying club pays a fee.

Michael

I’d say it’d be a generalised transfer fee intake. Any future fees are a bonus.
for example a few trusted football transfer outlets are saying rowles fee was close to 1mill AUD. I don’t think it was that high but would’ve been close. And Birras fee was estimated around 700k AUD. Always hard to completely know.

I think the $800k a season transfer income KPI is achievable for Rich. But obviously the players need to perform. The 3 year contracts are a strong starting point for any negotiations, but in saying that if a player wants to leave and didn’t play well enough for a fee then the PFA can always come in and f**k the club over without spitting.

And then after all of that the true indicator of how into this club Rich is, will be what he invests back into the club (in any capacity) with these foreseen profits.

Rising Sun

I just find it amusing that the majority shareholding owner has given himself KPIs.
Who will enforce any consequences if he misses any of them?
The KPIs I have heard about seem to be profitability related (rather than football related like winning trophies). He said on the FNR interview something along the lines that the money he is investing in the club would normally have been directed to the charitable foundation that his missus runs, and the deal he has made with her in order to have access to that money now is that he makes the club profitable and then donates all profits to her foundation.

So in all seriousness, the answer to your question is that it is quite possible that Mrs P will be enforcing the KPIs - if he is hitting them all at the end of the 3 year try-before-you-buy period then he gets to keep his new toy, otherwise he has to walk away.

Of course - and knowing how easy it is to turn a profit from running a small football club <insert sarcasm emoji for avoidance of doubt> - it also gives him the excuse to walk away from a full deal with Mike at the end of 3 years if junior doesn't crack first grade.

Corsair

I think we can do better than a bloke that’s really only played in a glorified NZ version of NPL.
Fair enough. I don't think we'll do better at the moment, chasing NPL players that have already been rejected by the Jets doesn't excite me. Maybe the real answer is we still don't have enough money or are still too mean with it.

pjennings

The KPIs I have heard about seem to be profitability related (rather than football related like winning trophies). He said on the FNR interview something along the lines that the money he is investing in the club would normally have been directed to the charitable foundation that his missus runs, and the deal he has made with her in order to have access to that money now is that he makes the club profitable and then donates all profits to her foundation.

So in all seriousness, the answer to your question is that it is quite possible that Mrs P will be enforcing the KPIs - if he is hitting them all at the end of the 3 year try-before-you-buy period then he gets to keep his new toy, otherwise he has to walk away.

Of course - and knowing how easy it is to turn a profit from running a small football club <insert sarcasm emoji for avoidance of doubt> - it also gives him the excuse to walk away from a full deal with Mike at the end of 3 years if junior doesn't crack first grade.
I'm not sure that is what I heard. More along the lines that he will use the Football club to also push her charitable causes. I might have to listen again

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami