• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Corsair

Dylan fits out playing style well. He presses hard and effectively has good ability on the ball, good link play and is lightning quick (the only thing our attack lacks, REAL pace)
You're coming out with some belters recently, we've got plenty of pace.

Rising Sun

I like DWH as a player. But only sign him if Ayongo is leaving. Ruhs is Monty's project player. We don't need two of them.
Half the squad are Monty's projects, it's how we roll.

Based on his Brisbane form, if he comes with the right attitude then Monty should have DWH contributing pretty quick.

The problem then with Ruhs is there are 7 forwards in front of him in the pecking order (I am assuming Ayongo goes and Moresche comes back, plus JC, Tulio, Beni, Silvera, Theo and DWH). Difficult to develop a project player if you can't fit them in the team. The only way he gets any serious minutes is by dropping back to the NPL for the season

turbo

The problem then with Ruhs is there are 7 forwards in front of him in the pecking order (I am assuming Ayongo goes and Moresche comes back, plus JC, Tulio, Beni, Silvera, Theo and DWH). Difficult to develop a project player if you can't fit them in the team. The only way he gets any serious minutes is by dropping back to the NPL for the season
He can play on the wing. That’s where I would expect to see him (off the bench mostly) should we have a fully fit squad and bring in DWH.

Rising Sun

He can play on the wing. That’s where I would expect to see him (off the bench mostly) should we have a fully fit squad and bring in DWH.
We have 8 forwards there and if they are all fit then we are not going to have more than 3 on the bench and I don't see who you would leave out to accommodate Ruhs, based on current form.

I do hope we stick with him, I think there is potential there. Maybe getting sent back to NPL for a season and told to go dominate might not be a bad thing, especially now we are in the top flight

Ironbark

Thought he was younger than 25, his record is not that flash when you think about it and his age. What you are saying makes sense but he is still a pretty big gamble in my opinion. No faith in Dor Jok then, I can understand this though as he hasn't shown a lot in his chances to date.
Jok is released already isn't he?

Michael

You're coming out with some belters recently, we've got plenty of pace.
I’ll look past your tone…
We do have pace obviously, but not lightning fast type pace now garangs gone. DWH is quicker than all of our current strikers and wingers. He also times his runs very well off the defenders shoulder unlike our current strikers and none of current wide players like to run in behind much, so for guys like dingo and Tulio dropping into the 10 they can find that through ball with more regularity.

Is that clearly explained enough?

Corsair

I’ll look past your tone…
We do have pace obviously, but not lightning fast type pace now garangs gone. DWH is quicker than all of our current strikers and wingers. He also times his runs very well off the defenders shoulder unlike our current strikers and none of current wide players like to run in behind much, so for guys like dingo and Tulio dropping into the 10 they can find that through ball with more regularity.

Is that clearly explained enough?
Yeah fair enough, he would be quicker than anyone in the squad currently but Beni wouldn't be far off him and Ruhs is pacey as well. Maybe that's an indication Beni might be on the move. I do think DWH would blossom under Monty.

Never did replace Hatch's blistering speed, DWH would be off that pace, but still getting up there.

FFC Mariner

Yeah fair enough, he would be quicker than anyone in the squad currently but Beni wouldn't be far off him and Ruhs is pacey as well. Maybe that's an indication Beni might be on the move. I do think DWH would blossom under Monty.

Never did replace Hatch's blistering speed, DWH would be off that pace, but still getting up there.
Ruhs is quick if you need a headless chook.

Insertnamehere

We wouldn't need to release anyone to get DWH. Obviously getting close to when Moresche is coming into the picture again tho.

Scholarship and yoof players don't count towards squad registrations or celery cap. Though I'd imagine we would have them there to fill in the numbers and get us to the cap.

5 foreign players, Danny, Hall, Roux, Nis, JC. Can't think of any others who would have to be registered.

LG__

Something obviously gone wrong behind the scenes.

I remember Piel said he was most excited about Kelechi John at the start of the season in one of the interviews ?
I’m not sure if anything’s necessarily gone that wrong, yea he got injured, but i think it’s safe to say nobody expected Triantis and Kaltak to be this good, it’s more their success than Kelechis failure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred