• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Big Dog

The challenge for boys like Tsekenis is the amount of game time they'll see. Training with the first team brings obvious benefits but it's that transition from Academy to breaking through that sees them in a no mans land. A number of the fringe boys played in the NPL last Saturday and struggled to get into the flow of the game. Throwing them into a top flight game without games behind them is also challenging.

Michael

Just got word that the club isn’t intending on keeping Jordan Smylie around. And I’d say his current youth contract will run out very soon as he’s now “over age” for the NPL side.
This is just an absolutely massive shame. He’s proven his worth, by my recollection scholarship contracts aren’t counted in registration limits for the squad? Is he not worth that? He’s been to hell and back in his time with us and come out the other side in flying colours in my opinion. And after getting that news it makes me think the minutes he’s gotten this season is abit of a thanks for your time with us see ya later.
He’s shown just as much energy as Alou, similar pace and imo better technical ability. Not bagging Alou because I think I’m in love the bloke. But this is grinding my gears. And unfortunately the way this league is set up, he won’t be the last of this incredible current batch of youth boys we won’t be able to keep.

Huddo

Just got word that the club isn’t intending on keeping Jordan Smylie around. And I’d say his current youth contract will run out very soon as he’s now “over age” for the NPL side.
This is just an absolutely massive shame. He’s proven his worth, by my recollection scholarship contracts aren’t counted in registration limits for the squad? Is he not worth that? He’s been to hell and back in his time with us and come out the other side in flying colours in my opinion. And after getting that news it makes me think the minutes he’s gotten this season is abit of a thanks for your time with us see ya later.
He’s shown just as much energy as Alou, similar pace and imo better technical ability. Not bagging Alou because I think I’m in love the bloke. But this is grinding my gears. And unfortunately the way this league is set up, he won’t be the last of this incredible current batch of youth boys we won’t be able to keep.

Hopefully staj gives him a few more chances to show his wares

style_cafe

I read that Sam Silvera`s loan time was up.
Does anyone know if he is back training with the team?

Also,what`s doing with DRD? Has he signed overseas or is he coming back?...:popcorn:

Wombat

Love your work normally Michael but Jordan is not fit to lace Alou's boots imho. He has over achieved in his cameos this year but I think he is NPL from now on.

Michael

Love your work normally Michael but Jordan is not fit to lace Alou's boots imho. He has over achieved in his cameos this year but I think he is NPL from now on.

oh ofcourse, I totally agree he isn’t to the effectiveness of my boy alou. Just saying he’s shown a similar level of hunger. And pretty decent ability. It’s not necessarily the clubs fault he won’t be kept here, he is past the age threshold and Kuol is ahead of him and then there’s the likes of Tsekenis and (on loan) Cahill who are younger. The biggest issue with our game in this country.
Smiles can go and make decent coin and bang some goals in NPL.

at the end of the day, it’s brilliant to have this type of conundrum again.

pjennings

oh ofcourse, I totally agree he isn’t to the effectiveness of my boy alou. Just saying he’s shown a similar level of hunger. And pretty decent ability. It’s not necessarily the clubs fault he won’t be kept here, he is past the age threshold and Kuol is ahead of him and then there’s the likes of Tsekenis and (on loan) Cahill who are younger. The biggest issue with our game in this country.
Smiles can go and make decent coin and bang some goals in NPL.

at the end of the day, it’s brilliant to have this type of conundrum again.
And the exact reason we need a reserve league!!

turbo

DDS making noises about going to Europe again. Time to lock him in for 3 years - with a decent release clause/sellon clause.
I think the more imperative thing would be locking in Nisbet long term and grooming him to step in to that role. Depending on the money involved it might be hard to retain DDS long term but we’re in a good spot to make Nisbet a long term mariner.

Matt--Simon

A few games ago a half time or full time. I can vaguely remember someone from the club making a comment that there would be news on a contract update for kuol by the end of that week
Did I miss the update? Or did I imagine the comment?

scottmac

Suspended
A few games ago a half time or full time. I can vaguely remember someone from the club making a comment that there would be news on a contract update for kuol by the end of that week
Did I miss the update? Or did I imagine the comment?
It was a media report first I think that said we are close to upgrading his contract. Staj was non committal in his response to fox and said he wouldn't be commenting on players contract situations. Nothing since

Big Al

Alou Koul. Does anybody think the kid may actually be better for not being in NYL squads while learning the game. He is absolutely raw but i feel this is helping because he hasn’t been over coached which can happen in more professional setups.
He obviously has super ability but I wonder if MC and MV passed on him because he wasn’t a cookie cutter product. Monty needed one session. Is that because we need to take risks or the others just are blind?
He has all the attributes to succeed it’s so good to see the coast getting behind him and him producing some magic

pinklady

Alou Koul. Does anybody think the kid may actually be better for not being in NYL squads while learning the game. He is absolutely raw but i feel this is helping because he hasn’t been over coached which can happen in more professional setups.
He obviously has super ability but I wonder if MC and MV passed on him because he wasn’t a cookie cutter product. Monty needed one session. Is that because we need to take risks or the others just are blind?
He has all the attributes to succeed it’s so good to see the coast getting behind him and him producing some magic
Not sure that I agree that Melbourne Victory is a more professional set up than ours. Melbourne City certainly have the facilities and the backing but whether they are more professional than us (especially now) is up for conjecture.

Alou had a full season in our NYL squad while learning the game. He had a slow start in the first game, playing well but obviously trying to adjust to new players and a different style. The second game he scored twice, got a yellow and was subbed off after 58 minutes - and Monty had a potential gem on his hands.

Victory's youth set up is terrible whilst City seem to take as you rightly said cookie cutter products straight off the production line.

Big Al

Not sure that I agree that Melbourne Victory is a more professional set up than ours. Melbourne City certainly have the facilities and the backing but whether they are more professional than us (especially now) is up for conjecture.

Alou had a full season in our NYL squad while learning the game. He had a slow start in the first game, playing well but obviously trying to adjust to new players and a different style. The second game he scored twice, got a yellow and was subbed off after 58 minutes - and Monty had a potential gem on his hands.

Victory's youth set up is terrible whilst City seem to take as you rightly said cookie cutter products straight off the production line.
I never said the Melbourne sides had a more professional setup and apologies if that’s how it come across. I am referencing coaching in general from a younger age but especially in a professional environment. If he had been in an a setup like CCM or MV or MC from a younger age do you think some of his raw ability may have been coached out of him. Obviously there would be some things that would have been fined tuned alot better but there seems to be a natural instinct to him.
Was thinking about it and trying to stimulate some discussion.
I do wonder if MV and MC passed on him because of his resume and not being attached to an A League club. Instead of saying we may have missed one or this guy has matured since we saw him a year or two ago, they passed.
His goal scoring record says you must have a look which they did but why didn’t they follow through?
I do wonder if MV saw him as another Kenny Aithu but not good enough for them. Or they thought someone like Kenny wasn’t suited to a so called big club like theirs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami