• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Ironbark

2021 - (7)

Clisby
De Silva
Kuol - scholarship
Murray
Pearce
Rowles
Tongyik

2022 - (4)

Miller
Nisbet
Silvera
Stensness

11 signed for the season. Average age of 22.
Obviously we need to see what happens with the sale of the licence before signing further players - but I hope that means we don't lose DRD during the wait.

turbo

Obviously we need to see what happens with the sale of the licence before signing further players - but I hope that means we don't lose DRD during the wait.
I would think youth players would be the main focus at that time. Not a huge liability on the balance sheet and should be able to move them on easily enough if needed. That’s a very different situation to extending say Simon or Duric. Birraz would be my main concern there.

pjennings

From listening to the pod I think it will be basically BAU until things are resolved. Shaun indicated some re-signings have already happened. We know Djuric has gone home.

Given comments heard around the traps I would expect Ziggy, Simon and Ruiz-Diaz to be re-signed and am hopeful that we still keep Birighitti.

Then hopefully later in the year we can pick up our other visa players. I'm not sure how transfer windows have/will be adjusted.

Ironbark

From listening to the pod I think it will be basically BAU until things are resolved. Shaun indicated some re-signings have already happened. We know Djuric has gone home.

Given comments heard around the traps I would expect Ziggy, Simon and Ruiz-Diaz to be re-signed and am hopeful that we still keep Birighitti.

Then hopefully later in the year we can pick up our other visa players. I'm not sure how transfer windows have/will be adjusted.
Aye, just got up to that part of the pod this arvo. Apart from the more expensive signings it appears to be business as usual

Tassiemariner

Why don't we just sign the 6 best players in NPL or unplayed Youth at other teams (Josh Hope for one), get a foreign striker (and/or keeper should Birraz leave) and keep playing all this young talent we have under contract. It's a weird time in the A-League, and it's probably a situation where other teams are likely to come back to our level, rather than get further away from us. Might as well emphasis it, especially if transfers are finally to be allowed between clubs.

There are only the hardcore diehards left supporting this club, so no need for a Bolt gimmick, nor a Aloisi-sized splash (that feels like forever ago), so might as well double down on what we are good at, and get "us" excited by DRD, Nizzy, Kuol, Miller etc.

Think a team of

Birraz (or similiar)
Gordon - Rowles - Fox - New player
Nizzy - Stens
Ruiz-Diaz - Silvera - New player
Murray

Bench
Aus youth GK, Simon, Cllisby, Millar, Kuol, De Silva, Tongyik + other youngsters

In this new climate, where Ninkovic's and Del Piero's aren't coming here anytime soon, I don't think this is such a bad team, and it would at least get me excited, rather than watching an A-L journeyman like Appiah or Cernak, knocking around again.

FFC Mariner

Why don't we just sign the 6 best players in NPL or unplayed Youth at other teams (Josh Hope for one), get a foreign striker (and/or keeper should Birraz leave) and keep playing all this young talent we have under contract. It's a weird time in the A-League, and it's probably a situation where other teams are likely to come back to our level, rather than get further away from us. Might as well emphasis it, especially if transfers are finally to be allowed between clubs.

There are only the hardcore diehards left supporting this club, so no need for a Bolt gimmick, nor a Aloisi-sized splash (that feels like forever ago), so might as well double down on what we are good at, and get "us" excited by DRD, Nizzy, Kuol, Miller etc.

Think a team of

Birraz (or similiar)
Gordon - Rowles - Fox - New player
Nizzy - Stens
Ruiz-Diaz - Silvera - New player
Murray

Bench
Aus youth GK, Simon, Cllisby, Millar, Kuol, De Silva, Tongyik + other youngsters

In this new climate, where Ninkovic's and Del Piero's aren't coming here anytime soon, I don't think this is such a bad team, and it would at least get me excited, rather than watching an A-L journeyman like Appiah or Cernak, knocking around again.
That side would struggle at NSWPL1 level.

Big Al

Instead of 5 foreigners just get 2 really good ones. Get a Diamante type and a dominant CB.

If this bubble thing has shown anything it’s that the foreign players make the difference. We are actually pretty competitive when the rest of the field is brought back to our level.

Perth no Castro
MV no Toivenan

WU with Diamante
SF with Le Fondra

priorpeter

I’d really like to see the club re-sign Jem Karacan, he was good for us in the short stint he was with us and would add experience into our midfield for next year, especially after losing djuric

Class fella and definitely showed a bit of quality for us, but the bloke hasn’t played professionally since April 2019 and again is on the wrong side of 30.
No point throwing cash at Visa players who aren’t ready to absolutely hit the ground running, and who aren’t a significant step up from what we already have.

turbo

Class fella and definitely showed a bit of quality for us, but the bloke hasn’t played professionally since April 2019 and again is on the wrong side of 30.
I found it curious that he didn’t pop up elsewhere after his time with us. I thought surely he had done enough to get a look in from another team or could have landed in any number of leagues. All of which suggests there was some other factor going on like an unreasonable price no one would meet or personal reasons stopping him playing. Was there any insider word?

Tim

I heard we made him an offer and it wasn’t accepted but one wonders as he hadn’t played since did he make a mistake. That said, he was a Mulvey signing and Staj probably wanted to put his stamp on any foreigners rather than inherit one. At a reasonable price I think he would add value (and let’s face it, we will be looking for value next season)...

FFC Mariner

I think we need to forget imports for next season - no one is travelling this side of early 2021. We need to be signning local and picking off the players who have to come home because they get cut in UK/Europe

Wombat

I found it curious that he didn’t pop up elsewhere after his time with us. I thought surely he had done enough to get a look in from another team or could have landed in any number of leagues. All of which suggests there was some other factor going on like an unreasonable price no one would meet or personal reasons stopping him playing. Was there any insider word?

He said our offer to him was insulting. But I have no idea the amount that was involved. He was fit as a fiddle.

turbo

He said our offer to him was insulting. But I have no idea the amount that was involved. He was fit as a fiddle.
I certainly wouldn’t put that past us but it doesn’t explain why no one else has snapped him up since. I have to think he would have been much better than some of the other players bought in around the league. Victory in particular really could have used a better DM.

Maybe our offer wasn’t as insulting as he thought or maybe it was so bad he gave up on football altogether.

priorpeter

Yeah I don’t think our offer was as bad as he made out to believe. Somewhat telling that he hasn’t popped up elsewhere. Shame as he was a good footballer.

Wombat

Yeah I don’t think our offer was as bad as he made out to believe. Somewhat telling that he hasn’t popped up elsewhere. Shame as he was a good footballer.

Tommy H relayed it. Jem said the offer was insulting for an international player. I have zero idea on the offer but i'm sure it would have been skinny unless Mulvey or Moss is involved.

Pirate Pete

Tommy H relayed it. Jem said the offer was insulting for an international player. I have zero idea on the offer but i'm sure it would have been skinny unless Mulvey or Moss is involved.
As far as I can tell he hasn't played for anyone else. Presume all the other offers he had were insulting too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami