• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Coastalraider

It probably was insulting. The average wage in Australia is around half of the average wage in league 1. And we are not the type of tram to be paying our players the ‘average’ A-League wage.

FFC Mariner

It probably was insulting. The average wage in Australia is around half of the average wage in league 1. And we are not the type of tram to be paying our players the ‘average’ A-League wage.
But he isnt playing League 1 either.
Google tells me that the average league 1 salary is about $200k - less than a McGlinchey

Tim

Anyone hear of any possible re-signings or new signings for next season (assuming we have one)? I get the club is probably buried in paperwork re any prospective sale and possibly staff have been instructed not to enter any new contracts at this stage but, if so, that runs counter to the “business as usual” line re preparing for next season....

priorpeter

Anyone hear of any possible re-signings or new signings for next season (assuming we have one)? I get the club is probably buried in paperwork re any prospective sale and possibly staff have been instructed not to enter any new contracts at this stage but, if so, that runs counter to the “business as usual” line re preparing for next season....

There should be some news about signings & re-signings in the next couple of weeks

pjennings

Around 61-62 minutes into the pod Shaun talks about business as usual and says some resignings have already been made. That was 11 days ago.

FFC Mariner

New EBA hasnt been signed off yet (end of August apparently) That may have an impact.

Scum havent been able to sign anyone either

Ironbark

Suspect some clubs might also find it advantageous to wait for seasons end before announcing to not disrupt current squads too much

Last edited:

sydmariner

Trent Sainsbury confirms departure from Maccabi Haifa
Socceroos defender Trent Sainsbury has confirmed his departure from Israeli Premier League side Maccabi Haifa.
Trent Sainsbury posted a farewell message on Instagram to confirm that he had parted ways with Israeli outfit Maccabi Haifa.
The Socceroos centre back spent the 2019/20 season at the Israeli club where he played alongside fellow Socceroo Nikita Rukavytsya.
The 28-year-old thanked the Haifa fans for all their support and the incredible atmosphere they created throughout his time with the club.

“We had an amazing year, played some incredible football and brought joy to club,” Sainsbury said.
“The fans provided an atmosphere that had the stadiums jumping and it’s something I will never forget. I loved my time here. Thank you and Yalla Maccabi Haifa.”
Sainsbury made 33 appearances for Haifa last season in what was a highly successful campaign which saw them finish runners-up.
Make it happen!!

marinermick

Socceroos defender Trent Sainsbury has confirmed his departure from Israeli Premier League side Maccabi Haifa.
Trent Sainsbury posted a farewell message on Instagram to confirm that he had parted ways with Israeli outfit Maccabi Haifa.
The Socceroos centre back spent the 2019/20 season at the Israeli club where he played alongside fellow Socceroo Nikita Rukavytsya.
The 28-year-old thanked the Haifa fans for all their support and the incredible atmosphere they created throughout his time with the club.

“We had an amazing year, played some incredible football and brought joy to club,” Sainsbury said.
“The fans provided an atmosphere that had the stadiums jumping and it’s something I will never forget. I loved my time here. Thank you and Yalla Maccabi Haifa.”
Sainsbury made 33 appearances for Haifa last season in what was a highly successful campaign which saw them finish runners-up.
Make it happen!!

This shouldn't be in our squad thread because it is zero chance.

pjennings

Make it happen!!
Trent Sainsbury off to KV Kortrijk according to EretzSport Kortrijk finished 11th in the Belgian League last season That'll be Sainsbury's 8th club in 6 years Mariners, PEC Zwolle, Jiangsu Suning, Inter Milan, Grasshoppers Zurich, PSV Eindhoven, Maccabi Haifa & KV Kortrijk

Tevor

Trent Sainsbury off to KV Kortrijk according to EretzSport Kortrijk finished 11th in the Belgian League last season That'll be Sainsbury's 8th club in 6 years Mariners, PEC Zwolle, Jiangsu Suning, Inter Milan, Grasshoppers Zurich, PSV Eindhoven, Maccabi Haifa & KV Kortrijk
Building a nice collection of shirts and seeing the world.

pjennings

I’d really like to see the club re-sign Jem Karacan, he was good for us in the short stint he was with us and would add experience into our midfield for next year, especially after losing djuric
On trial at Wycombe Wanderers apparently who have just been promoted to the Championship.

pjennings

Apparently Mustafa Amini has been left without a club after a mix up with a Turkish club. It's probably not his best option to come home but i'd take him back in a heartbeat

AFG have told Mustafa Amini that he is “welcome back anytime” - whether to re-sign or just train while the transfer window is still open. Amini is still stuck in Turkey after Super Lig club Ankaragucu didn’t honour a contract agreement

ryan

AFG have told Mustafa Amini that he is “welcome back anytime” - whether to re-sign or just train while the transfer window is still open. Amini is still stuck in Turkey after Super Lig club Ankaragucu didn’t honour a contract agreement
I'd imagine he will re-sign with them then

pjennings

So with the 5 announcements made today 2020 - 7 of the 12 that had contracts expiring this year have gone.
Duric - gone
Eun-sun - gone
Harold -gone
Jair - gone
McGlinchey -gone
Melling -gone
Oar - gone

Those with no word
Birighitti
Fox
Gordon
Ruiz-Diaz - scholarship
Simon

Tim

So with the 5 announcements made today 2020 - 7 of the 12 that had contracts expiring this year have gone.
Duric - gone
Eun-sun - gone
Harold -gone
Jair - gone
McGlinchey -gone
Melling -gone
Oar - gone

Those with no word
Birighitti
Fox
Gordon
Ruiz-Diaz - scholarship
Simon
Didn’t Ruiz-Diaz sign a deal with us already? Simon said he’d be in a “dual role” next season so that leaves Ziggy, Fox and Birra, each of which i would love to keep. Pretty sure I saw Birra at Terrigal a few days ago with his young family. I would think Central Coast is a good spot to be for a young family in these difficult times (ie I hope he stays!!)...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred