• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Preseason 2019

Ozhammer

Weemac scores his second of the game poaching at the back of the 6-yard box from a corner.

Roberts completes his hat trick once again pouncing on some ponderous defending by Posh Mariners. Have we found our No.9 perhaps?

marinermick

Really impressed with Lundy on the right. Gets up and down the right well and some of the best crossing I have seen in Mariners colours for a long time.

Though do we really have to sign another scummer.

marinermick

Weemac scores his second of the game poaching at the back of the 6-yard box from a corner.

Roberts completes his hat trick once again pouncing on some ponderous defending by Posh Mariners. Have we found our No.9 perhaps?

Very solid resume but all three goals were tap ins

pinklady

Very solid resume but all three goals were tap ins
He gave the ball away the first time he had it, absolutely butchered the only two proper chances he had. Failed at WSW and Melbourne City - the most over hyped young player of the last few years. Had a very ordinary season at Mount Druitt this year - sixth top scorer in a side that didn't make the semis.

Forum Phoenix

He gave the ball away the first time he had it, absolutely butchered the only two proper chances he had. Failed at WSW and Melbourne City - the most over hyped young player of the last few years. Had a very ordinary season at Mount Druitt this year - sixth top scorer in a side that didn't make the semis.

Well sign him up then!

Oh wait, that’s the oooold Mariners.

Forum Phoenix

Thanks for the reports.

Did Kim get on?

What was the formation? Muzz had the start up top?

Any sign of GG and Tongyik yet?

marinermick

It looked like a 4-2-3-1 but Melling was playing more of an eight (with Nisbet) holding and Majok on the right but playing high and sometimes next to Murray up front. This was because Lundy at right back was getting up the park regularly.

Ziggy was at centre back. I am worried about him. He looks slow and lethargic. Hopefully it is just the heavy training load.

Nisbet hands down best player on the park. He touch and close ball skills are just a joy to watch. He also moves around the park effortlessly.

All three triallests today showed something.

Apparently Kim has a niggling knee injury but was training fully on the back paddock. Fulham was telling me that that was his history in Korea - in for one game, out for three. The tampon of the K-League.

Ozhammer

Yeah Mick, it looked like we were playing 4-2-3-1 last night to my eyes too.

No sight of Duric, DDS Oar or Silvera other than them knocking a ball about at half time, so not sure why that was?

The trialists were all solid enough but it must be hard to overly impress playing in a team full of strangers.

Not much else to take from the game other than Nizzy did what Nizzy does best in the engine room and the more I see of him the more I am hopeful he has a bright future with us.

Muzz was busy all game and is full of good movement allowing him to take up some decent positions. Melling was his normal self, which means he will (thankfully) struggle to force his way into the starting eleven this season. Weemac worked hard all game and showed that he can be influential albeit against a non-HAL opponent and took both his goals well.

Birra kept a clean sheet, Pearce didn’t, ‘nuff said.

Shabow was busy but still didn’t convince me personally that he can step up to the required level to force someone else out.

Majok didn’t really do much that caught my eye but I am not yet on the haters bandwagon personally.

Rowles looked solid and focused, Clisby still has some improvement to show I feel and Ziggy wasn’t as imposing as I perhaps expected him to be but to be honest, Posh Mariners were hardly extending our backline overly. Fox looked composed and capable again when he came on towards the latter stages of the game.

All in all, watching the game wasn’t a bad way to spend a Weds evening but as the side was unlikely to bear much resemblance of our best eleven it was difficult to take too much from it.

Michael

Yeah Mick, it looked like we were playing 4-2-3-1 last night to my eyes too.

No sight of Duric, DDS Oar or Silvera other than them knocking a ball about at half time, so not sure why that was?

The trialists were all solid enough but it must be hard to overly impress playing in a team full of strangers.

Not much else to take from the game other than Nizzy did what Nizzy does best in the engine room and the more I see of him the more I am hopeful he has a bright future with us.

Muzz was busy all game and is full of good movement allowing him to take up some decent positions. Melling was his normal self, which means he will (thankfully) struggle to force his way into the starting eleven this season. Weemac worked hard all game and showed that he can be influential albeit against a non-HAL opponent and took both his goals well.

Birra kept a clean sheet, Pearce didn’t, ‘nuff said.

Shabow was busy but still didn’t convince me personally that he can step up to the required level to force someone else out.

Majok didn’t really do much that caught my eye but I am not yet on the haters bandwagon personally.

Rowles looked solid and focused, Clisby still has some improvement to show I feel and Ziggy wasn’t as imposing as I perhaps expected him to be but to be honest, Posh Mariners were hardly extending our backline overly. Fox looked composed and capable again when he came on towards the latter stages of the game.

All in all, watching the game wasn’t a bad way to spend a Weds evening but as the side was unlikely to bear much resemblance of our best eleven it was difficult to take too much from it.

Cheers for summary mate
I’d say some of the main boys didn’t play because of the heavy training loads and it’s just management for the semi final.

priorpeter

Does anyone know if tonight will be streamed?

Would’ve been nice to be able to stream the game for the people who couldn’t make it, but unfortunately central coast football have told the Live Local Sports team that they don’t want them streaming any games from CCF controlled grounds anymore (ie pluim, budgewoi, mountains). Shit decision IMO but it is what it is.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Would’ve been nice to be able to stream the game for the people who couldn’t make it, but unfortunately central coast football have told the Live Local Sports team that they don’t want them streaming any games from CCF controlled grounds anymore (ie pluim, budgewoi, mountains). Shit decision IMO but it is what it is.
Yeah! Shit decision alright...let’s not promote the games or make it easier for football fans to see them ....fkn sanctimonious arsehats

Michael

Not just your opinion mate, literally every single person who has any involvement in Coast footy aside from the people that made said decision believe it to be absolutely ludicrous.
CCF are a joke.
The streams have been a huge step forward for Coast footy. Les, except for his horrendous dad jokes, does a superb job along with his guest commentators including you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami