• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners lend support to China after earthquake

Jeff (LouMacari)

Chengdu Media Release

The Central Coast Mariners and fellow members of the Sheffield United worldwide network of clubs are today at the forefront of efforts to bring aid and relief to victims of the Chinese earthquake.

Sheffield United, which owns Chinese Super League club Chengdu Blades, who are based in Sichuan province where the earthquake struck killing at least 10,000 people and injuring many thousands more, is offering care and assistance.

Sheffield United PLC Chairman Kevin McCabe said, we are helping in the best way we can the people who have come to know us through the Chengdu Blades.

Initiatives offered by Sheffield United include players and staff at Chengdu Blade donating blood, players visiting the schools affected by the earthquakes, Chengdu Blades and Sheffield United shirts being given to youngsters and a minutes silence at the next home game of the Chengdu Blades.

In addition, Sheffield United, through the Chengdu Blades have offered their support to the Chinese government.

Mr. McCabe had hoped to fly in to the disaster region as he returned from Australia where he is currently visiting the Mariners.

At the moment it is just not possible. The airport is closed and there is no other practical way of reaching the area, said Mr. McCabe.

With some difficulty I've been able to make contact with our colleagues in Chengdu thankfully everyone is OK and have welcomed the offers of help and support from Sheffield.

We will continue to liaise closely with the club and colleagues in Chengdu and have contacted the government to offer our assistance in any way we can.

Joining United in the help programme are Mr. McCabes Scarborough Group, Sheffield FC and the Blades sister clubs in Australia, the Mariners, and Hungary (Ferencvaros).

On behalf of everyone at the Central Coast Mariners, I would like to extend our deepest sympathy to all that have been affected by the tragic incidents of the past few days in China, said Mariners Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman.

We are fully supportive of all that Sheffield United have offered in response to these events and congratulate the efforts of Mr. McCabe and his team for acting so swiftly to offer their support.

To our partners in Chengdu, we offer our support and condolences during this difficult time and promise to do all that we can to help the club, its supporters and the Sichuan region as a whole get back on their feet as quickly as possible.

Terry Robinson, Chairman of Hungarian sister club Ferencvaros as well as being a director of Chengdu Blades and Sheffield United, said, on a personal note I am saddened and shocked at the devastation in China where we have so many friends, through our Chief Executive Kristian Berki we are offering support and help.

Uniteds family of clubs will be represented on a special visit to be made to Chengdu by director Scott McCabe.

Scott said. what was to be a football trip to Chengdu in July will now be a visit to help the people and hopefully go some way to help raise spirits and show support from the people of Sheffield.

The Chengdu Blades team will wear black arm-bands and have Red Cross donation numbers on the front of their shirts during the game with Changsha which has been postponed from tomorrow night to Saturday. 17 May.

End

Marinators thoughts are with those affected at this time. Very tragic indeed.

Bex

I did read the article and I'm still wondering how Sheffield U or CCM will actually help. Fair enough, the moral support is a good thing, but is there going to be anything else? I can't see it being anything other than some sort of fundraising; its not like sending a football team to China is going to help.

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

Bex said:
I did read the article and I'm still wondering how Sheffield U or CCM will actually help. Fair enough, the moral support is a good thing, but is there going to be anything else? I can't see it being anything other than some sort of fundraising; its not like sending a football team to China is going to help.
Initiatives offered by Sheffield United include players and staff at Chengdu Blade donating blood, players visiting the schools affected by the earthquakes, Chengdu Blades and Sheffield United shirts being given to youngsters and a minutes silence at the next home game of the Chengdu Blades.

Bear

RADINHO said:
How will we be helping them i couldn't be bothered reading this.

So AT LEAST 10,000 people are dead, twice that WILL die, and you cant be f**ked taking 2 minutes of your time to read a post. God I love the new people on this forum  ::).

Good on all the clubs throwing there support behind the team and the countrys people in this time of need, they certainly need it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred