• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Draw 2019/20

Forum Phoenix

I can think of several non sport match watching newbies that I’ve brought to games. 2 have converted into members, 2 don’t want a bar of it. Rest are just indifferent. So could go either way I guess.

Kind of game matters imo. Snore draw is a disaster. But even then, some people really just can’t seem to get into a sport with low scoring. I think if they’ve tried to play themselves even just a little at some point it really makes a big difference as they can appreciate the skill of passing etc.

Ironbark

Ye I brought a newbie to the most boring 0-0 draw against Heart and they refused to go again. Then a newbie to the first game of the season agains the scum thinking that regardless the atmosphere would sort it - they scored 5 and it backfired too.
Luck of the game may play a part.

It does look like we'll fight all the way and be competitive again so I reckon this first scum game at home should be cracking

Timmah

With the ABC deal signed today, a crapload of fixtures changed (about 40 all up) -

9 of our games have moved - the six that were Sat 5:15pm have crept fifteen minutes earlier to 5pm, while the three fixtures that were Sunday 4pm are now Sunday 6pm (to accommodate W-League TV game).

rbakersmith

With the ABC deal signed today, a crapload of fixtures changed (about 40 all up) -

9 of our games have moved - the six that were Sat 5:15pm have crept fifteen minutes earlier to 5pm, while the three fixtures that were Sunday 4pm are now Sunday 6pm (to accommodate W-League TV game).

The Sunday changes mean there's 3 fixtures that I can no longer feasibly attend. With an 8pm finish it would be close to 11pm by the time I got home to Wollongong.

I appreciate mine is a rather extreme case, and that broadcasting the W-League is a good thing, but did the FFA/clubs seriously consider the impact on attendances of putting games on that late on a Sunday?

Last edited:

bikinigirl

The Sunday changes mean there's 3 fixtures that I can no longer feasibly attend. With an 8pm finish it would be close to 11pm by the time I got home to Wollongong.

I appreciate mine is a rather extreme case, and that broadcasting the W-League is a good thing, but did the FFA/clubs seriously consider the impact on attendances of putting games on that late on a Sunday?

. while i acknowledge your, admittedly extreme, case ... i much prefer the 6pm KO

. there are so many day-time activities that may be sacrificed or compromised because of an early kick-off (when the on-field product also suffers) - this is certainly a bonus for me. hopefully many locals feel the same and attendances actually increase ... i would have thought that an 8pm finish to be ideal for most locals ... even young uns ... to get home at a reasonable time

rbakersmith

. while i acknowledge your, admittedly extreme, case ... i much prefer the 6pm KO

. there are so many day-time activities that may be sacrificed or compromised because of an early kick-off (when the on-field product also suffers) - this is certainly a bonus for me. hopefully many locals feel the same and attendances actually increase ... i would have thought that an 8pm finish to be ideal for most locals ... even young uns ... to get home at a reasonable time

May I ask which end of the coast you live on?

For those at the northern end (where I once lived) you're still looking at close to an hour to get home - and that's not counting how long it takes to get out of the carpark. To me, 9-9:30pm doesn't seem like a particularly reasonable time to get a family with young kids home on a school night.

greenlig

For those at the northern end (where I once lived) you're still looking at close to an hour to get home - and that's not counting how long it takes to get out of the carpark. To me, 9-9:30pm doesn't seem like a particularly reasonable time to get a family with young kids home on a school night.
I dunno, as a kid the most exciting adventures were the ones that broke up the daily routine. Might have just been how I was raised, twice a week we'd drive ~1 hour each way to play badminton, rarely back before 10.30pm. I f**king loved it, parents obviously did too.

No shade on parents who don't like that, but c'mon, you need to raise them to understand that when the Mariners play, nothing else matters :)

Ads

The Sunday 3 games moved back will significantly decrease crowd numbers.

I know a lot of families with one of their children under the age 2/3/4 where the pushed back time slot makes it almost impossible on a school night and even the weekend.

But mind you so many times last year the crowd figure showed between 4-6 thousand where I could only count 3 or less.
I’m convinced the numbers are not a true physical door count and somehow managed or agreed to save face.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I agree that the Sunday changes will hurt us - it works out better for some people, but overall I think it will be worse.
But for those that won't be able to make it to games - is there any compensation or anything if they're members?

Forum Phoenix

The Sunday 3 games moved back will significantly decrease crowd numbers.

I know a lot of families with one of their children under the age 2/3/4 where the pushed back time slot makes it almost impossible on a school night and even the weekend.

But mind you so many times last year the crowd figure showed between 4-6 thousand where I could only count 3 or less.
I’m convinced the numbers are not a true physical door count and somehow managed or agreed to save face.

Agree on the first part but highly doubt the second.

Was at all games, my group (what’s left anyway) has played guess the crowd since season 2. We guessed within a few hundred as usual. So I don’t think it was fudged.

bikinigirl

. south

. i get it that everybody's circumstances are different - i prefer late and know more people that are put off by the early starts than the late

. i am not prepared to advise on parenting ... family attendance/non-attendance has been discussed here enough over the years

turbo

Those people that purchased after the fixtures were released and are negatively impacted would have a reasonable case to ask the club to be downgraded to a 6 game membership and refund the difference. Bit hard to argue if you’re an automatic renewal or purchased before the schedule is out.

bikinigirl

. FFS ... more bloody changes

. for a household that tries to hold off on all commitments until the draw is known ... it shits me that they keep f**king around with it

turbo

I’d be surprised if the league didn’t have an out in the terms and conditions but there’s not much excuse for shifting it so late after the previous draw changes were rolled out.
Probably a bit short sighted to schedule a big fixture like that within the international window anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami