• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Centre of Excellence is GO!

Bex

• A well attended extraodinary general meeting was held today at a Wyong RSL. ALL FOUR RESOLUTIONS WERE PASSED VIRTUALLY UNANIMOUSLY.

Lyle Gorman and Peter Turnbull presented their plan for a Mariners Centre of Excellence to be built at Club Tuggerah. The plan is extremely impressive. It will cover 22 acres of land; 14 acres currently owned by Wyong RSL and another 8 acres gifted to the project by Wyong Shire Council. Wyong Mayor Bob Graham commented during the meeting that Wyong Shire Council intends to fast track all development applications as a project of major significance to the Wyong Shire.

From memory, the development consists of:
    • 6 international class football playing fields (including the two existing fields)
    • several futsal playing fields
    • a new two story building on the self storage/auctions side of Club Tuggerah incorporating:
      • 120 accomodation units
      • indoor heated swimming pool
      • gymnasium
      • sports science centre
      • Mariners FC administration offices
    • refurbishing the existing Club Tuggerah building incorporating new outdoor seating areas
    • a new, two story building built near the edge of the current Club Tuggerah car park extending toward the fishing club boathouse including:
      • club facilities (i.e. bar areas etc) that approximately double the size of the existing club facility. The two areas would be joined by a covered walkway
      • multiple conference room and function room facilities
      • catering facilities and amenities
      • other stuff that I've probably forgotten

The fields will be used by Tuggerah FC, the National Youth League and the W-League sides for training and competition matches. The Mariners and visiting A-League clubs will use the fields for training. Visiting A-league sides would use the accomodation. It was also noted during the meeting that there are expectations for an international football presence at the facility through the Mariners FC's links with various overseas football clubs.

Fellow Marinators, Mariners fans and Australian football fans of all persuasions, this is a HUGE moment in the Mariner's history and a significant moment for the professionalism of the A-League and Australian football in general. I don't know about you, but I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement about this going ahead.

:vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:

Here are the resolutions that were passed:

a) approve and agree to the formation of Joint Venture between the Club and Central Coast Mariners FC for the purpose of creating the proposed "mariners Centre of Excellence" and securing funding to allow the purchase of certain properties at Wyong.

b) approve and agree to the Board excercising its powers to agree to the Joint Venture and participate in its ongoing management.

c) approve and agree to the renaming of "Club Tuggerah" or such other name incorporating the word "Mariners" as the Joint Venture may decide is appropriate.

d) approve and agree that all land owned by the Club at the Club Tuggerah location that is not necessary for the immediate support and operation of the building currently known as Club Tuggerah is not core property of the Club.

Redline

Wow. That sounds impressive. Can only be a good thing for the Mariners, Club Tuggerah and Wyong in general.

6 International calss playing fields? Does refer merely to the quality of the surface? Or to other aspects such as seating, dressing sheds etc?

Bex

Countryhick said:
6 International calss playing fields? Does refer merely to the quality of the surface? Or to other aspects such as seating, dressing sheds etc?

The main playing field was shown to have a small grand stand; think 5000 people maybe.

International standard would refer to the size of the field including the amount of space required around the field as specified by FIFA.

It was actually funny, the comment was that the surface would be equivalent to the surface at bluetongue, but I would expect it to be much better than that with no Thugby played on the surface.

Another thing was that the fields would be watered by recycled water from the adjacent wastewater treatment plant and the issues of odour were also touched upon. I've worked in the water industry for 20 years and I fully expect this would mean significant upgrades to the wastewater treatment plant. e.g. odour control at the inlet works as a minimum but perhaps a change to the process so they could use covered bioreactors. They would probably also require augmented tertiary treatment perhaps involving UV disinfection and an upgrade to the flow capacity of the recycled water systems.

Bex

Goldenboy said:
Dr. Andrew Clark is salivating over Sports Science Centre.
We are all salivating over the whole thing. Amazing. I'm truly amazed.

It was indicated that Andrew Clarke would definitely figure in the sports science centre and that associations with the University of Newcastle would continue. I fully expect those associations would in fact grow significantly in such a purpose built complex.

Redline

Bex said:
Countryhick said:

The main playing field was shown to have a small grand stand; think 5000 people maybe.

International standard would refer to the size of the field including the amount of space required around the field as specified by FIFA.

It was actually funny, the comment was that the surface would be equivalent to the surface at bluetongue, but I would expect it to be much better than that with no Thugby played on the surface.

Another thing was that the fields would be watered by recycled water from the adjacent wastewater treatment plant and the issues of odour were also touched upon. I've worked in the water industry for 20 years and I fully expect this would mean significant upgrades to the wastewater treatment plant. e.g. odour control at the inlet works as a minimum but perhaps a change to the process so they could use covered bioreactors. They would probably also require augmented tertiary treatment perhaps involving UV disinfection and an upgrade to the flow capacity of the recycled water systems.

Ah ok.

clarence

Wow.....just wow.

Thanx for the info Bex. Dreams becoming a reality for many in the Mariners camp, perhaps?

FFC Mariner

Absolutely fantastic stuff.

Please, please, please can we try to get a NSWPL side up and running. Thats the missing piece of the jigsaw for us IMHO.

clarence

Countryhick said:

Ah ok.
[/quote]

WTF? Does this mean they'll have to tone down their pong of the treatment plant, so that folks can use the recycled water where humans might have contact?

clarence

FFC Mariner said:

Please, please, please can we try to get a NSWPL side up and running. Thats the missing piece of the jigsaw for us IMHO.

Get involved with Lightning and upgrade their organisation so they qualify for NSWPL?

FFC Mariner

clarence said:
FFC Mariner said:

Get involved with Lightning and upgrade their organisation so they qualify for NSWPL?

Their organisation doesnt need upgrading, it needs to be demolished.

Bex

clarence said:
Countryhick said:
Bex said:
Countryhick said:

Ah ok.

WTF? Does this mean they'll have to tone down their pong of the treatment plant, so that folks can use the recycled water where humans might have contact?

Two issues;

Treatment plant too smelly so changes needed at the treatment plant.

Higher flow recycled water supply which would probably force the disinfection process to be upgraded (but thats only a guess; I don't know whether they're fully utilising the existing recycled water system fully at the moment or not).

Bex

Oh, I should also mention that construction should commence start of 2010 and finished by early 2011.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

How difficult/expensive is the process of upgrading treatment works??

We would have to have the most academically qualified coaching team in the A-league.
Clark, Sports Scientist. Brown, Experienced teacher. John 'Colo' Crawley, Psychologist. Reverand Doctor Alex Tobin Md., Surgeon General of Rep. of Ireland for 6 years.

My uncle plays tennis at Club Marinos weekly. Are they keeping the courts? Building world class stadia and hosting Wimbeldon????

Ranyen

They are keeping all other sporting facilites currently in use. So yes, the tennis courts are safe.

Bex

Goldenboy said:
How difficult/expensive is the process of upgrading treatment works??

We would have to have the most academically qualified coaching team in the A-league.
Clark, Sports Scientist. Brown, Experienced teacher. John 'Colo' Crawley, Psychologist. Reverand Doctor Alex Tobin Md., Surgeon General of Rep. of Ireland for 6 years.

My uncle plays tennis at Club Marinos weekly. Are they keeping the courts? Building world class stadia and hosting Wimbeldon????

Any treatment plant upgrade would most likely fall under the responsibility of the council. It would probably be in the order of hundreds of thousands of dollars but of course it would depend exactly how much work is required. Remember, I'm only speculating on that point.

A member of the tennis club asked about the tennis courts during the meeting. The plan didn't show any tennis courts, however, both the Mariners and the board stated that they are committed to ensuring that the existing members of Wyong RSL are not disadvantaged in any way. They stopped short of saying that Tennis courts will be incorporated but I suggest the main reason for that is it takes planning to implement and off the cuff comments are too knee-jerk.

So, I strongly suggest that all tennis club members (and any other Wyong RSL members that are interested) petition the board to include tennis courts in the plan. The same thing can also be said for the fishing club facilities (boatshed etc). My gut feeling is that there would be no problem including these things in the plans as long as its made clear to the board in writing that it is needed. It stands to reason that, if nobody lodges a concern, then it could be overlooked.

Bex

Ranyen said:
They are keeping all other sporting facilites currently in use. So yes, the tennis courts are safe.

The language used in the meeting was they were keeping all current facilities needed for the running of Club Tuggerah. I thought I heard them say that this didn't include tennis courts after the Tennis club representative asked her question.

Sean

This is awesome news. Could you imagine the amount of competition between countries to base themselves on the central coast if we were to get the World Cup!?

where exactly is this parcel of land? trying to google earth it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami