• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners ACL - and the Media

midfielder

Victorys crowds for their ACL matches have been I think less than what most expected. Speaking to the guys on the Victory forum they said media build up to their ACL matches has been very poor swamped by AFL. Sydney experienced similar media experiences the year they made the ACL and their crowds were also less than expected.

We have the advantage of having no winter team in our area so I assume the Express & Sun will build up the game. Further that local radio and NBN will give decent coverage. But we must realise that the NRL will be just starting, and the media will be full on to NRL, AFL & S14.

My observation is Wednesday night is a big call when people are not use to it.so good media.......and lots of mediato build up these games is essential.

My question following on from this is can we as a supporters group do anything next year to assist with positive and lots of media coverage for our ACL matches, and thereby increase the crowd. 

Ideas thoughts anyone.

Sean

Its a different situation for us as theres no Central Coast Rugby League/ AFL team to take away any advertising whereas in Melbourne theres a whole load who take command of the media spotlight. Im sure we will be fine for crowds when midweek Mariners vs Urawa clashes with Friday's Rabbitohs vs Titans.

also we got a massive crowd for a midweek Olyroos game, so why not Mariners ACL?

brett

The FC has a full-time media manager (the best in the country) to try squeeze column inches out of the papers.

One thing that would be great though when we find out who our opponents are would be organising to host their travelling fans...maybe having a kickaround outside the stadium before the game. You would then hope the papers would latch onto that as a good story...HOPE.

midfielder

brett said:
The FC has a full-time media manager (the best in the country) to try squeeze column inches out of the papers.

One thing that would be great though when we find out who our opponents are would be organising to host their travelling fans...maybe having a kickaround outside the stadium before the game. You would then hope the papers would latch onto that as a good story...HOPE.

That is a clever idea Brett, even give it some kinda of silly name with a $ 2.00 cup

serious14

midfielder said:
Victorys crowds for their ACL matches have been I think less than what most expected.

I understand that the guys on the Melbourne forum expected more, but you know what they're like - "50 000 at every home game farkin'!!!!"

You honestly can't tell me that 24 000 people, to a freezing cold weeknight game in an AFL mad city, against "some team from Japan" in a competition a lot of people have no clue what is what, is a bad result??

:yellowcard: :p

midfielder

Serious 14,

I did not say bad I said less than expected................the media down there was little and IMO that affected (hope I got the a & e thing right) the crowd.

All I am saying is what if anything we can do to ensure good and lots of media coverage.

Taking Bretts idea a stage further maybe have our media play there media with a few supportors to make up numbers.

Another idea if allowed put up signs at train stations in thw eek or so leading up to the match.

Arabmariner

We have the problem of being a commuting area.A lot of people are only just getting home when these games are kicking off.Could easily affect our crowds.Correct me if I,m wrong but our Friday night crowds generally speaking are not usually our best.

marinermick

brett said:

i always had the thought that the marinators club could host the urawa fans (if we played them) for a function at around $80 a head that would only cost $20 to put on ;-)

SNOWMARINER

I think our local media will be more focused than other areas with A-League teams with the Mariners being the only local national competition team playing in a major international competition (sounds good does'nt it?)

I think the radio station I listen to, Sea FM, has been great for the Mariners and should be encouraged to really get behind our team for this competition as they have been during the regular season.

This is where a marquee player is so important for the coming season and the closely following ACL. Media find it much harder to ignore a team with a drawcard.

~Floss~

marinermick said:
brett said:

i always had the thought that the marinators club could host the urawa fans (if we played them) for a function at around $80 a head that would only cost $20 to put on ;-)

Urawa Fans???!!!

Even if it cost $50 to put on and we charged $60, that would cover free entry for all Marinators and we could still make a profit!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I want to know where we gonna put the diamond fans....I saw them at the hotel across from work when they played the flying circus...I went down and said g'day to a few of them, and they said the fan group love going to places they have never been...so we could get 1/2 of the shibuya-ku show up...bloody hell...somebody get started on them extensions

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred