• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners 2017-2018 Season Prediction

pjennings

With a couple of weeks to go what are our intrepid predictions for this season.

Please put in:-

Ladder 1 - 10
Grand Finalists
Champions
Most yellows for us
Most reds for us
Fan favourite
Golden Boot for us
Golden Boot (overall)

Big Al

5th
Syd and WSW GF
Sydney go back to back
Hoole most yellows
Kennedy most reds
Fan fav Brama
Asdrubal golden boot
Oriel Riera WSW overall GB
Nix to steal the spoon

Tevor

CCM finish 6th
GF - SFC v AU
Champions - SFC
CCM most yellows - McGing
CCM most reds - Golec
Fan Fav - DDS
CCM GB - Brama
HAL GB - Bobo
Spoon - Nix

JoyfulPenguin

Ladder
4th
Grand Finalists
Sydney FC vs Adelaide United
Champions
Sydney FC
Most yellows for us Antony Golec
Most reds for us
Josh Rose
Fan favourite
Danny Da Silva
Golden Boot for us
Asdrubal
Golden Boot (overall)
Peter Skapetis

pjennings

Ladder
1 Syd FC
2 WSW
3 Victory
4 CCM
5 Adel
6 Jets
7 City
8 Roar
9 Glory
10 Nix

Grand Finalists
SFC V WSW

Champions
WSW

Most yellows for us
Josh Rose

Most reds for us
McGing

Fan favourite
Tommy Hiariej

Golden Boot for us

Asdrubal

Golden Boot (overall)
Asdrubal

McGr1m3

Ladder : 5th
Grand Finalists : No
Champions : No
Most yellows for us : Paulo
Most reds for us : Storm
Fan favourite : Danny D
Golden Boot for us : Asdrubal
Golden Boot (overall) Berisha

Wombat

Victory
Bling
City
Mariners
Drive Bys
Adelaide
Glory
Scum
Roar
Nix
GF Syd v Victory
Champions. Victory
Yellows Golec
Reds. Golec
FF. Tom H
GB. Asdrubal
HAL GB. Berisha

scottmac

Suspended
Ladder
1 SFC
2 Perth
3 City
4 Victory
5 CCM
6 Adelaide
7 Jets
8 WSW
9 Roar
10 Nix

Grand Finalists
ADL V SFC

Champions
Adelaide

Most yellows for us
Hiarjei

Most reds for us
No red card

Fan favourite
Asdrubal

Golden Boot for us

Asdrubal

Golden Boot (overall)
Berisha

Gratis

A-LEAGUE SEASON PREVIEW: CENTRAL COAST MARINERS
Kieran Francis http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/a-le...tral-coast-mariners/h236q0y798de1rpodpkqxgwhk

The Gosford-based side lost more matches than any other A-League club last season, but has cause for optimism after a squad overhaul

Under new manager Paul Okon, Central Coast improved considerably last season and played some nice attacking football, but still managed to lose 16 of ther 27 games and only avoided the wooden spoon by a single point.

The highly-regarded Okon has swung an axe through the squad - making a mammoth 11 changes - as the club seek to qualify for the finals for the first time since 2013.

2016-17 finishing position: 8th
Coach: Paul Okon
INS AND OUTS
Ins: Tom Hiariej, Alan Baro, Antony Golec, Andrew Hoole, Ben Kennedy, Kye Rowles, Josh Rose, Daniel De Silva, Thomas Glover, Asdrúbal, Wout Brama.

Outs: Paul Izzo, Roy O’Donovan, Fabio Ferreira, Ivan Necevski, Nick Montgomery, Jacob Poscoliero, Jacques Faty, Scott Galloway, Mickael Tavares, Michael Neill, Jake Adelson.

STAR PLAYER - Asdrubal Padron

It may surprise you to learn that new Mariners striker Asdrubal played for Las Palmas in Spain's La Liga less than 12 months ago.

While it was only three substitute appearances for a total of 30 minutes, you can't be a mug to get any game time in Spain's top flight.

The 26-year-old stands at only 173cm tall and is mainly a centre forward, who can also play in the hole and on the right wing.

Asdrubal has already impressed for the Mariners in pre-season,scoring an impressive lob against Melbourne Victory in a friendly on September 20.

"We've waited patiently to fill this position, we've looked at a lot of strikers and we wanted to make sure we took our time to find the right '9' to complement the way we play and we are sure that we've done that," Okon said.

"His work ethic is very good, everyone that we spoke to when we were doing our research all spoke very highly of him as a top professional."

BREAKOUT PLAYER - Daniel De Silva

Daniel De Silva made his A-League debut for Perth Glory as a 15-year-old, and despite it feeling like he has been around for a long time, he is only 20 years of age.

After an unsuccessful loan spell at Dutch Eredivisie side Roda, De Silva has returned to Australia in a bid to rediscover his spark and possibly force his way into Socceroos reckoning ahead of a possible World Cup appearance.

De Silva's best position is No.10 but he can also play wide on either flank.

The Mariners will be hoping De Silva comes of age during his three-year contact at the club and Okon, who has spent significant time coaching Australian youth sides, is the right man to oversee that development.

POSITIVES

You could argue the Mariners have signed poorly on the foreign front over the past few seasons, but this time round it appears to be different.

All four foreign signings look to be shrewd acquisitions, especially former Melbourne Victory centre-half Alan Baro, who was appointed club captain this week.

Asdrubal looks to be a quality centre-forward, while Dutchman Wout Brama and Tom Hiareij are experienced defensive midfielders who should help provide a strong spine for the team.

There is plenty of pacey, young talent in the team including Andrew Hoole, Trent Buhagiar, Connor Pain, Kwabena Appiah and De Silva.

However it must be noted that these players are still raw talents, with Okon hoping to develop them into stars at the Mariners.

NEGATIVES

Despite the signing of Baro, Central Coast's defence looks to be quite thin, with Antony Golec or Harry Ascroft set to partner the Spaniard.

It's a similar issue in attack. While Asdrubal looks to be a potent goalscorer, there doesn't seem to be another forward who is capable of deputising for the Spanish striker.

These squad deficiencies will especially hurt if the club cops a few injuries through the campaign.

FINAL PREDICTION - 8TH

Despite a predicted stagnation in their ladder position, the Mariners are definitely heading in a positive direction with Paul Okon.

If the young talent in the squad such as Hoole, Buhagiar and Appiah can stand up and be effective in the first team, then the squad depth issues will be less of a concern.

Ultimately they will dictate the Mariners finishing position in a long campaign.

Gratis

A-LEAGUE SEASON PREVIEW: CENTRAL COAST MARINERS
Kieran Francis http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/a-le...tral-coast-mariners/h236q0y798de1rpodpkqxgwhk

The Gosford-based side lost more matches than any other A-League club last season, but has cause for optimism after a squad overhaul

Under new manager Paul Okon, Central Coast improved considerably last season and played some nice attacking football, but still managed to lose 16 of ther 27 games and only avoided the wooden spoon by a single point.

The highly-regarded Okon has swung an axe through the squad - making a mammoth 11 changes - as the club seek to qualify for the finals for the first time since 2013.

2016-17 finishing position: 8th
Coach: Paul Okon
INS AND OUTS
Ins: Tom Hiariej, Alan Baro, Antony Golec, Andrew Hoole, Ben Kennedy, Kye Rowles, Josh Rose, Daniel De Silva, Thomas Glover, Asdrúbal, Wout Brama.

Outs: Paul Izzo, Roy O’Donovan, Fabio Ferreira, Ivan Necevski, Nick Montgomery, Jacob Poscoliero, Jacques Faty, Scott Galloway, Mickael Tavares, Michael Neill, Jake Adelson.

STAR PLAYER - Asdrubal Padron

It may surprise you to learn that new Mariners striker Asdrubal played for Las Palmas in Spain's La Liga less than 12 months ago.

While it was only three substitute appearances for a total of 30 minutes, you can't be a mug to get any game time in Spain's top flight.

The 26-year-old stands at only 173cm tall and is mainly a centre forward, who can also play in the hole and on the right wing.

Asdrubal has already impressed for the Mariners in pre-season,scoring an impressive lob against Melbourne Victory in a friendly on September 20.

"We've waited patiently to fill this position, we've looked at a lot of strikers and we wanted to make sure we took our time to find the right '9' to complement the way we play and we are sure that we've done that," Okon said.

"His work ethic is very good, everyone that we spoke to when we were doing our research all spoke very highly of him as a top professional."

BREAKOUT PLAYER - Daniel De Silva

Daniel De Silva made his A-League debut for Perth Glory as a 15-year-old, and despite it feeling like he has been around for a long time, he is only 20 years of age.

After an unsuccessful loan spell at Dutch Eredivisie side Roda, De Silva has returned to Australia in a bid to rediscover his spark and possibly force his way into Socceroos reckoning ahead of a possible World Cup appearance.

De Silva's best position is No.10 but he can also play wide on either flank.

The Mariners will be hoping De Silva comes of age during his three-year contact at the club and Okon, who has spent significant time coaching Australian youth sides, is the right man to oversee that development.

POSITIVES

You could argue the Mariners have signed poorly on the foreign front over the past few seasons, but this time round it appears to be different.

All four foreign signings look to be shrewd acquisitions, especially former Melbourne Victory centre-half Alan Baro, who was appointed club captain this week.

Asdrubal looks to be a quality centre-forward, while Dutchman Wout Brama and Tom Hiareij are experienced defensive midfielders who should help provide a strong spine for the team.

There is plenty of pacey, young talent in the team including Andrew Hoole, Trent Buhagiar, Connor Pain, Kwabena Appiah and De Silva.

However it must be noted that these players are still raw talents, with Okon hoping to develop them into stars at the Mariners.

NEGATIVES

Despite the signing of Baro, Central Coast's defence looks to be quite thin, with Antony Golec or Harry Ascroft set to partner the Spaniard.

It's a similar issue in attack. While Asdrubal looks to be a potent goalscorer, there doesn't seem to be another forward who is capable of deputising for the Spanish striker.

These squad deficiencies will especially hurt if the club cops a few injuries through the campaign.

FINAL PREDICTION - 8TH

Despite a predicted stagnation in their ladder position, the Mariners are definitely heading in a positive direction with Paul Okon.

If the young talent in the squad such as Hoole, Buhagiar and Appiah can stand up and be effective in the first team, then the squad depth issues will be less of a concern.

Ultimately they will dictate the Mariners finishing position in a long campaign.
Definitely agree lack of depth will cost us but also think we'll take some higher profile scalps this season. I'm expecting a top 6 finish.

Tevor

Definitely agree lack of depth will cost us but also think we'll take some higher profile scalps this season. I'm expecting a top 6 finish.
Agree and we don't want to much fan fare in pre season let's take some of these bigger clubs by surprise. I thought it was quite a good preview.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

8th? flap off. So after all that review, they've basically said we're no better than we were last season?
I would be amazed if we don't make the finals. TBH if we don't, there's going to be a lot of calling for Okon's head at the end of the season (we all know that'll happen).
While we may lack another key striker, our midfielders are more than capable of scoring. I think we have a bit more depth than last season, no doubt - but we will need to have good discipline as we can't afford pointless suspensions.

dibo

If anyone thinks they know what's going to happen this year I think they're dreaming.

Most clubs have made significant efforts to recruit, and we really won't know for a couple of months whose recruitment has worked and whose hasn't.

I'm confident to say our side would absolutely not finish 8th in the 2016/17 A-League, but I think the standard of the 2017/18 A-League will be significantly higher, so I'm not game to guess at anything. I'm not even game to say we're better than the scum.

nebakke

I think you hit the nail on the head Dibo - looking around we seem to be pretty commonly tipped int he bottom three - I chose to believe that it's because there are so many new fans around who can't remember past two seasons ago... But the likely explanation probably is that no one has a clue what's going to happen, so they assue in the direction of last year... That and our signings have been somewhat low-key compared to many other teams, and we I'm not sure people realise that the team that lost to Blacktown is different in some very significant positions, to the one that will be playing next weekend :)

Anyway, whatever it is, I figure it's the return to flying under the radar, so COYY LET'S TAKE HOME ALL OF THE GOLDZ :D

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Looking around I see most neutrals tipping us in the top 4. Sure you have a few idiots saying we're on the bottom, but they tend to be the morons jumping on the 'we're too crap for the league bandwagaon'. And really, somebody that stupid doesn't warrant listening to. I'd have a better conversation with my rather "special" dog.

Big Al

Last year we would have finished higher if we didn't loose Tavares and threw away a couple games late as the season fell away.

If we get injuries to Baro or Wout and we could very easily be in the same position, however if they are fit we will keep progressing.

I'm not sure any opinion would be wrong until we prove them otherwise
But listening to Paul on the podcast we sound like things are going well but lets see how the opponents play us when points are on offer

Tevor

I like Okon's ambition of winning twice as many games as last season and that may put us in finals contention. A good measured and realistic goal, who is going to complain if we better that goal. On paper some teams have definitely improved their squads and there will be no easy games this season.

pjennings

I like Okon's ambition of winning twice as many games as last season and that may put us in finals contention. A good measured and realistic goal, who is going to complain if we better that goal. On paper some teams have definitely improved their squads and there will be no easy games this season.

12 wins would give us 36 points, add a draw and we would make the 6 from last year. Good conservative aim.

However, I want to look at it another way. We played 24 games last year for 6 wins (taking out the Nix). This year if we get 12 wins from the same 24 games and sweep the Nix like they did us last year that takes us to 45 points and top 4 material..

localpom

Ladder 1 - 10
SYD FC
WSW
MV
CCM
MC
PERTH
BRISBANE
JETS
ADL
NIX

Grand Finalists
SYD V WSW
Champions
SYD
Most yellows for us
Wout
Most reds for us
Wout
Fan favourite
DDS
Golden Boot for us
Asdrubal
Golden Boot (overall)
Asdrubal

I'm sure everyone that is connected with the club would be disappointed with not making the 6. Apart from Sydney who to me don't look as strong as last year (age might be a factor), our starting 11 isn't a million miles from any other team. It wouldn't surprise me to finish in the top 4 at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred